Professional Web Applications Themes

scrolling text box - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I would like to know if there is a way to create a text box, in a cell within a table using dreamweaver, in which all the text would be contained and scrolled through. The page is an html page. This would allow for the web page to be stationary and not have to scroll through a page but rather the text only. Here is a sample site that I have seen that has done something similar to it. http://www.maddenmedia.com/maddenmedia/index_html.html I know this can be done with Flash , in which I could insert the swf into the html cell, ...

  1. #1

    Default scrolling text box

    I would like to know if there is a way to create a text box, in a cell within a table using dreamweaver, in which all the text would be contained and scrolled through. The page is an html page. This would allow for the web page to be stationary and not have to scroll through a page but rather the text only. Here is a sample site that I have seen that has done something similar to it.

    http://www.maddenmedia.com/maddenmedia/index_html.html

    I know this can be done with Flash , in which I could insert the swf into the html cell, but I would like for this to be easily updatable and printable. Any suggestions?

    Beedy Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: scrolling text box

    "Beedy" com wrote:

    One of the neatest I've seen is Scroller Genie (commercial):
    http://dmxzone.com/ShowDetail.asp?NewsId=5202

    But if you search the web for e.g. "scrolling layers dhtml" or
    something, you can find stuff like this:
    http://www.dhtmlshock.com/scrollers/APScrollableArea/default.asp

    Also, check out e.g. www.hotscripts.com, www.scriptsearch.com and
    www.dynamicdrive.html <shudder>

    --
    Dan Vendel - *GOF*
    http://www.vendel.info

    Dan Guest

  3. #3

    The example page posted contains David Miles AP Scrollable area, a
    Dreamweaver extension available on the Exchange. No DHTML scroller can be
    used inside a table cell, though (the posted page is using a nested frameset
    to center the "page". An alternative would be to use a static DIV and set
    its overflow property to "auto". This would work in all modern browsers and
    degrade well in older browsers (all the content would be visible). Another
    altenative would be an iframe, which would also work in all modern browsers
    and be set to link to a popup window to display the iframe's source page for
    Netscape 4 users.

    --
    Al Sparber - PVII
    http://www.projectseven.com

    "Dan Vendel *GOF*" <com> wrote in
    message news:bh2vdc$dfo$macromedia.com... [/ref]
    within a table using dreamweaver, in which all the text would be contained
    and scrolled through. The page is an html page. This would allow for the web
    page to be stationary and not have to scroll through a page but rather the
    text only. Here is a sample site that I have seen that has done something
    similar to it. [/ref]
    into the html cell, but I would like for this to be easily updatable and
    printable. Any suggestions?

    Al Guest

  4. #4

    "Dan Vendel *GOF*" <com> wrote in
    message news:bh30ke$dfo$macromedia.com... [/ref]
    be [/ref]
    frameset [/ref]
    set [/ref]
    and [/ref]
    Another [/ref]
    browsers [/ref]
    for

    > Al,
    >
    > Didn't PVII have an extension once with scrollable div's (not the
    > auto-scrollers)? Or did I dream that?[/ref]

    We still do. We have two free scrolling extensions and the commercial
    GeeWizz, which has several very powerful options.

    Al Guest