Professional Web Applications Themes

Searchable web site - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hi, I am a web designer but I have no programming knowledge. I want to be able to the following:- 1. Have a web site where companies can sign up to put there compnay info on the site - so I need to be able to have a database that records the information thay put in. 2. Have a search facility where a user can search for a service by post code or area i.e electrician in wales and it returns a list of companies in that area 3.Have facility where a user can enter reviews on the service they ...

  1. #1

    Default Searchable web site

    Hi,

    I am a web designer but I have no programming knowledge. I want to be able
    to the following:-

    1. Have a web site where companies can sign up to put there compnay info on
    the site - so I need to be able to have a database that records the
    information thay put in.
    2. Have a search facility where a user can search for a service by post code
    or area i.e electrician in wales and it returns a list of companies in that
    area
    3.Have facility where a user can enter reviews on the service they used
    using a star rating

    Is there some software that I can use or plugin to dreamweaver to help me
    with this or is the only way to learn asp,php,sql etc.

    Any help appreciated.

    Steve

    steve wheller Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Searchable web site

    > Is there some software that I can use or plugin to dreamweaver to help me
    > with this or is the only way to learn asp,php,sql etc.
    Your best bet would be to just find a programmer to work with you on it. I'm
    sure there's lot of applications out there that will do what you want to do,
    but they'll all take a good amount of skills to get them installed and then
    tweaked to meet your specific needs. A competant programmer should be able
    to knock that out for you in short time.

    -Darrel

    darrel Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Re:Searchable web site

    Thanks

  4. #4

    WebAssist has a series of commercial extensions aimed at helping
    Dreamweaver users build dynamic sites quickly and easily. With
    WebAssist, you get support including free video tutorials, suggested
    starting points and samples. In addition, you'll have online
    assistance and access to WebAssist support network. With 100,000
    members and WebAssist experts, your solution's always just a question
    away.

    Check out [url]http://www.webassist.com/products/dreams/[/url]

    Hopet his helps,

    --Hieu

    "steve wheller" <swhellerrwa-net.co.uk> wrote in message news:<bf1am3$b6g$1forums.macromedia.com>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am a web designer but I have no programming knowledge. I want to be able
    > to the following:-
    >
    > 1. Have a web site where companies can sign up to put there compnay info on
    > the site - so I need to be able to have a database that records the
    > information thay put in.
    > 2. Have a search facility where a user can search for a service by post code
    > or area i.e electrician in wales and it returns a list of companies in that
    > area
    > 3.Have facility where a user can enter reviews on the service they used
    > using a star rating
    >
    > Is there some software that I can use or plugin to dreamweaver to help me
    > with this or is the only way to learn asp,php,sql etc.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Steve
    Hieu Guest

  5. #5

    On 17 Jul 2003 12:07:54 -0700, [email]hieuwebassist.com[/email] (Hieu) wrote:
    >WebAssist has a series of commercial extensions aimed at helping
    >Dreamweaver users build dynamic sites quickly and easily. With
    >WebAssist, you get support including free video tutorials, suggested
    >starting points and samples. In addition, you'll have online
    >assistance and access to WebAssist support network. With 100,000
    >members and WebAssist experts, your solution's always just a question
    >away.
    >
    >Check out [url]http://www.webassist.com/products/dreams/[/url]
    >
    >Hopet his helps,
    >
    >--Hieu

    I have a few WA products, and quite like them, but if there's another
    terrible advert like this, masquerading as helpful answer, I'm likely
    to delete all my WA extensions, just after I've used the vomit bucket.

    Paul Taylor
    Paul Taylor Guest