Professional Web Applications Themes

seeking mySql 5 webhost provider - MySQL

Hi gurus, I was wondering whether you can recommend a webhost which supports mySql 5. My current webhost doesn't support it for individual & reseller accounts. They said one has to subscribe in a VPS or a dedicated server account. These accounts obviously allow the owner to install mySql 5 on the webhost server. Unfortunately, I still don't feel comfortable enough to drive a server with my current level of experience in Linux, and such options cost much more that my current hosting package (reseller) and I don't need all that power now. If you ask why mySql 5 then ...

  1. #1

    Default seeking mySql 5 webhost provider

    Hi gurus,
    I was wondering whether you can recommend a webhost which supports
    mySql 5.
    My current webhost doesn't support it for individual & reseller
    accounts.
    They said one has to subscribe in a VPS or a dedicated server account.
    These accounts obviously allow the owner to install mySql 5 on the
    webhost server.
    Unfortunately, I still don't feel comfortable enough to drive a server
    with my current level of experience in Linux, and such options cost
    much more that my current hosting package (reseller) and I don't need
    all that power now.
    If you ask why mySql 5 then the answer is to enjoy the Stored
    Procedures technic.
    This technic was the straight to the point solution for a recent
    Oracle-based project that I've participated in.
    The project needed automation on the database backend. Stored
    Procedures was the smart tool.
    Thanks gurus in advance.

    dev_prog@freemail.com.au Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: seeking mySql 5 webhost provider

    com.au wrote:

    I have been trying to find one too. I haven't used any of these
    services, but I've come up with this list of some that claim to support
    MySQL 5.

    http://www.a2hosting.com/
    http://www.db4free.net/
    http://www.pointinspace.com/
    http://www.belahost.com/
    http://www.lakeheadcomputers.com/

    I haven't used any of these so I don't know which ones are good.

    Also see: http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?7,47101,47101#msg-47101

    Regards,
    Bill K.
    Bill Guest

  3. #3

    com.au wrote:

    QiQ has MySQL 5 installed, is reliable, has good support and is a VERY
    reasonable price (the cheapest that I have found). I use it for all my
    clients. I have recommended it even before they started their
    affilicate progtram, honest!

    Hope I'm not being cheeky by supplying my affiliate link:

    http://www.myqiq.info/uk/aff.php?aff=023

    Captain Guest

  4. #4

    Captain Paralytic wrote:

    > QiQ has MySQL 5 installed, is reliable, has good support and is a VERY
    > reasonable price (the cheapest that I have found). I use it for all my
    > clients. I have recommended it even before they started their
    > affilicate progtram, honest!
    >
    > Hope I'm not being cheeky by supplying my affiliate link:
    >
    > http://www.myqiq.info/uk/aff.php?aff=023
    >[/ref]

    Actually, in some newsgroups supplying an affiliate link would be
    considered spam.

    --
    ==================
    Remove the "x" from my email address

  5. #5

    Jerry Stuckle wrote:

    > > QiQ has MySQL 5 installed, is reliable, has good support and is a VERY
    > > reasonable price (the cheapest that I have found). I use it for all my
    > > clients. I have recommended it even before they started their
    > > affilicate progtram, honest!
    > >
    > > Hope I'm not being cheeky by supplying my affiliate link:
    > >
    > > http://www.myqiq.info/uk/aff.php?aff=023
    > >[/ref]
    >
    > Actually, in some newsgroups supplying an affiliate link would be
    > considered spam.[/ref]

    Yeah I know, that's why I qualified it. On the other hand, the OP did
    ask for where he might go. It's not as if I just said it without being
    asked (spam is usually unrequested).
    They have only just started their affiliation program (which is why my
    number is 23).
    As I say I have recomended them to many people even before they had the
    affiliate program.
    But if I was gonna recomend them anyway, why not earn some brownie
    points!

    Captain Guest

  6. #6

    Captain Paralytic wrote:

    >>Actually, in some newsgroups supplying an affiliate link would be
    >>considered spam.[/ref]
    >

    > Yeah I know, that's why I qualified it. On the other hand, the OP did
    > ask for where he might go. It's not as if I just said it without being
    > asked (spam is usually unrequested).
    > They have only just started their affiliation program (which is why my
    > number is 23).
    > As I say I have recomended them to many people even before they had the
    > affiliate program.
    > But if I was gonna recomend them anyway, why not earn some brownie
    > points!
    >[/ref]

    Oh, no problem. I didn't say *I* thought your group was spam. Just
    some groups would.

    But then like some folks I have no problem with posting an affiliate
    link in response to a specific request :-)

    --
    ==================

  7. #7

    <com.au> wrote in message

    Who is your host?

    Duane Guest

  8. #8

    Thanks all for your contributions.
    I started the research thru your suggestions and some are really
    impressive.
    Much appreciated :)

    dev_prog@freemail.com.au Guest