Professional Web Applications Themes

Select form dynamic creation. - PHP Development

Hello list, I've spent a little time looking to see if this has been done before, and haven't found it, though I'm certain it has been done. What I want to do is build a page by first having a selection form. This select statement will have a number of items within it. When a use scrolls and clicks an item I want a text box to popup in place of the list, with an id of the select item name. I then want a new list to pop up with all the items except for the one that was ...

  1. #1

    Default Select form dynamic creation.

    Hello list,

    I've spent a little time looking to see if this has been done
    before, and haven't found it, though I'm certain it has been done. What
    I want to do is build a page by first having a selection form. This
    select statement will have a number of items within it. When a use
    scrolls and clicks an item I want a text box to popup in place of the
    list, with an id of the select item name. I then want a new list to pop
    up with all the items except for the one that was last chosen. The user
    should be able to select another item and a text box pop up, and so on
    and so forth until all items have either been selected or the user is
    ready to stop selecting. This is a sort of searching tool and the lists
    of items are "attributes" the use can search by. This seems like it
    could be done, but the way I'm seeing it now it loss like it would
    require about 1000 "if" statements. Can a php guru shed some light and
    point me in the right direction if there is one??

    Thanks!

    jrmy
    Jeremy Russell Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: [PHP] Select form dynamic creation.

    Have you considered using multiselect?

    Jeremy Russell wrote:
    > Hello list,
    >
    > I've spent a little time looking to see if this has been done
    > before, and haven't found it, though I'm certain it has been done. What
    > I want to do is build a page by first having a selection form. This
    > select statement will have a number of items within it. When a use
    > scrolls and clicks an item I want a text box to popup in place of the
    > list, with an id of the select item name. I then want a new list to pop
    > up with all the items except for the one that was last chosen. The user
    > should be able to select another item and a text box pop up, and so on
    > and so forth until all items have either been selected or the user is
    > ready to stop selecting. This is a sort of searching tool and the lists
    > of items are "attributes" the use can search by. This seems like it
    > could be done, but the way I'm seeing it now it loss like it would
    > require about 1000 "if" statements. Can a php guru shed some light and
    > point me in the right direction if there is one??
    >
    > Thanks!
    >

    > jrmy

    Marek Kilimajer Guest