Professional Web Applications Themes

Sending an email from within ASP - ASP Components

I have a form which will be processed by being sent to an ASP page. I would like the ASP page to take the data from the Request.QueryString (which I know how to do) and format it so I can have it emailed to me in a nicer format. My problem is that I do not know how to have ASP send an email. I know how to send an email using the mailto: protocol by making it look something like the following: MAILTO:usernamemydomain.com?SUBJECT=mysubject?MES SAGE=mymessage However, this will usually take the user to their default email client and ask them ...

  1. #1

    Default Sending an email from within ASP

    I have a form which will be processed by being sent to an ASP page. I would
    like the ASP page to take the data from the Request.QueryString (which I
    know how to do) and format it so I can have it emailed to me in a nicer
    format. My problem is that I do not know how to have ASP send an email. I
    know how to send an email using the mailto: protocol by making it look
    something like the following:

    MAILTO:usernamemydomain.com?SUBJECT=mysubject?MES SAGE=mymessage

    However, this will usually take the user to their default email client and
    ask them to send an email by putting the specified subject and message in
    for them, but wait for them to do any desired editing and click their send
    button. I simply want the email to be sent straight from ASP. Is this
    possible?
    --
    Nathan Sokalski
    [email]njsokalskihotmail.com[/email]

    Nathan Sokalski Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Sending an email from within ASP

    [url]http://aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2026[/url]

    [url]http://aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2308[/url]

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    [url]www.it-mate.co.uk[/url]

    Keeping it FREE!

    "Nathan Sokalski" <njsokalskihotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have a form which will be processed by being sent to an ASP page. I
    would
    > like the ASP page to take the data from the Request.QueryString (which I
    > know how to do) and format it so I can have it emailed to me in a nicer
    > format. My problem is that I do not know how to have ASP send an email. I
    > know how to send an email using the mailto: protocol by making it look
    > something like the following:
    >
    > MAILTO:usernamemydomain.com?SUBJECT=mysubject?MES SAGE=mymessage
    >
    > However, this will usually take the user to their default email client and
    > ask them to send an email by putting the specified subject and message in
    > for them, but wait for them to do any desired editing and click their send
    > button. I simply want the email to be sent straight from ASP. Is this
    > possible?
    > --
    > Nathan Sokalski
    > [email]njsokalskihotmail.com[/email]

    Steven Burn Guest

  3. #3

    Those are great websites, and I understood everything for the CDO.Message
    object, but I had some trouble with the CDO.Configuration object, which
    looks like it is necessary for the CDO.Message object to work. What exactly
    am I supposed to put for the different Item values? Do you know of any
    websites that give more detail about the CDO.Configuration object? Thank
    You.

  4. #4

    Take a look at;

    [url]http://surl.co.uk/?489[/url]

    The following is meant for VB/C++, but should also give you a basic idea.

    [url]http://surl.co.uk/?488[/url]

  5. #5

    There's also;

    Sending E-Mail with Microsoft CDO
    [url]http://surl.co.uk/?490[/url]

  6. #6

    And you might try switching from CDONTS (which is being phased out) to
    the newer CDO such as can be seen in the E-mail Attachment example at
    [url]http://www.asp101.com/samples[/url]

    Best regards,
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance ASP Web Designer
    [url]http://www.Bullschmidt.com[/url]

    *** Sent via Devdex [url]http://www.devdex.com[/url] ***
    Bullschmidt Guest