Professional Web Applications Themes

Sending Flash animations to Yahoo/Hotmail accounts, using CFMAIL??? - Macromedia ColdFusion

I have a monthly e-newsletter I send out for a client. In the past, it has been working fine, but now I'm trying to send/embed a Flash swf file along with the other information. When I pull up the test email in a web version of my POP3 client email, the Flash file works fine. When I view the exact same email in Yahoo, the Flash file simply isn't there. Why would this be? And what do I need to do to correct this weird problem?? Thanks! Steve...

  1. #1

    Default Sending Flash animations to Yahoo/Hotmail accounts, using CFMAIL???

    I have a monthly e-newsletter I send out for a client. In the past, it
    has been working fine, but now I'm trying to send/embed a Flash swf file
    along with the other information. When I pull up the test email in a
    web version of my POP3 client email, the Flash file works fine. When I
    view the exact same email in Yahoo, the Flash file simply isn't there.
    Why would this be? And what do I need to do to correct this weird
    problem??

    Thanks!
    Steve
    Steve Grosz Guest

  2. #2

    > I have a monthly e-newsletter I send out for a client. In the past, it
    > has been working fine, but now I'm trying to send/embed a Flash swf file
    > along with the other information. When I pull up the test email in a
    > web version of my POP3 client email, the Flash file works fine. When I
    > view the exact same email in Yahoo, the Flash file simply isn't there.
    > Why would this be? And what do I need to do to correct this weird
    > problem??
    I wouldn't call it weird. And, actually, I think you'll find Flash won't
    work in a LOT of email clients...be it online or offline.

    My guess is that the webmail apps simply block any embedding. Remember you
    are loading your email on THEIR web site and they likely don't want to give
    people to much ability to embed objects onto their own site.

    -Darrel

    darrel Guest

  3. #3

    I think you will find that Hotmail and Yahoo strip certain things out of HTML emails, and that there is nothing you can do about it. So try not to rely on anything flash.
    Stressed_Simon Guest

  4. #4

    there isn't a way to do this that will allow everyone to view the flash in
    the email.

    --

    Dan
    blah blah lengthy signatures rule
    "Steve Grosz" <boise_boundhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have a monthly e-newsletter I send out for a client. In the past, it
    > has been working fine, but now I'm trying to send/embed a Flash swf file
    > along with the other information. When I pull up the test email in a
    > web version of my POP3 client email, the Flash file works fine. When I
    > view the exact same email in Yahoo, the Flash file simply isn't there.
    > Why would this be? And what do I need to do to correct this weird
    > problem??
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Steve

    dan mode Guest

  5. #5

    what if i sent it as an *.exe?
    --

    ::-----::-----::

    thanks,

    Jon Parkhurst
    PriivaWeb, Inc.
    [url]http://priiva.net[/url]

    I don't wanna grow up, I'm a ToysRUs Kid....
    "dan mode" <dan.modeedom.nad.com> wrote in message
    > there isn't a way to do this that will allow everyone to view the flash in
    > the email.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Dan
    > blah blah lengthy signatures rule
    > *SITE* [url]http://www.smithmediafusion.com[/url]
    > *MY BLOG* [url]http://www.smithfamilynewsletter.org/blog/newsMain.html[/url]
    > (yes, that is flash folks)
    > Alt+F+X
    > __
    > "Steve Grosz" <boise_boundhotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I have a monthly e-newsletter I send out for a client. In the past, it
    >> has been working fine, but now I'm trying to send/embed a Flash swf file
    >> along with the other information. When I pull up the test email in a
    >> web version of my POP3 client email, the Flash file works fine. When I
    >> view the exact same email in Yahoo, the Flash file simply isn't there.
    >> Why would this be? And what do I need to do to correct this weird
    >> problem??
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >> Steve

    crash Guest

  6. #6

    just make sure that it is loaded with all sorts of fun spyware and viruses -
    and include some death threats to top it off. :)

    --

    "crash" <adminNOMAILstormwraith.net> wrote in message
    > what if i sent it as an *.exe?
    >
    > >;o)
    >
    > --
    >

    > ::-----::-----::
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > Jon Parkhurst
    > PriivaWeb, Inc.
    > [url]http://priiva.net[/url]
    >
    > I don't wanna grow up, I'm a ToysRUs Kid....
    > "dan mode" <dan.modeedom.nad.com> wrote in message
    > > there isn't a way to do this that will allow everyone to view the flash
    in
    > > the email.
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > Dan
    > > blah blah lengthy signatures rule
    > > *SITE* [url]http://www.smithmediafusion.com[/url]
    > > *MY BLOG* [url]http://www.smithfamilynewsletter.org/blog/newsMain.html[/url]
    > > (yes, that is flash folks)
    > > Alt+F+X
    > > __
    > > "Steve Grosz" <boise_boundhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> I have a monthly e-newsletter I send out for a client. In the past, it
    > >> has been working fine, but now I'm trying to send/embed a Flash swf
    file
    > >> along with the other information. When I pull up the test email in a
    > >> web version of my POP3 client email, the Flash file works fine. When I
    > >> view the exact same email in Yahoo, the Flash file simply isn't there.
    > >> Why would this be? And what do I need to do to correct this weird
    > >> problem??
    > >>
    > >> Thanks!
    > >> Steve

    dan mode Guest

  7. #7

    gotcha. what's yer email addresss again? you'll help me test it, right?

    --

    ::-----::-----::

    > just make sure that it is loaded with all sorts of fun spyware and
    > viruses -
    > and include some death threats to top it off. :)
    >

    > --
    >
    > Dan
    > blah blah lengthy signatures rule
    > *SITE* [url]http://www.smithmediafusion.com[/url]
    > *MY BLOG* [url]http://www.smithfamilynewsletter.org/blog/newsMain.html[/url]
    > (yes, that is flash folks)
    > Alt+F+X
    > __
    > "crash" <adminNOMAILstormwraith.net> wrote in message
    >> what if i sent it as an *.exe?
    >>
    >> >;o)
    >>
    >> --
    >>

    >> ::-----::-----::
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >>
    >> Jon Parkhurst
    >> PriivaWeb, Inc.
    >> [url]http://priiva.net[/url]
    >>
    >> I don't wanna grow up, I'm a ToysRUs Kid....
    >> "dan mode" <dan.modeedom.nad.com> wrote in message
    >> > there isn't a way to do this that will allow everyone to view the flash
    > in
    >> > the email.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> >
    >> > Dan
    >> > blah blah lengthy signatures rule
    >> > *SITE* [url]http://www.smithmediafusion.com[/url]
    >> > *MY BLOG* [url]http://www.smithfamilynewsletter.org/blog/newsMain.html[/url]
    >> > (yes, that is flash folks)
    >> > Alt+F+X
    >> > __
    >> > "Steve Grosz" <boise_boundhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > file

    crash Guest

  8. #8

    [email]billgatesmicrosomething.exe[/email]

    --

    > gotcha. what's yer email addresss again? you'll help me test it, right?
    >
    > --
    >

    > ::-----::-----::
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > Jon Parkhurst
    > PriivaWeb, Inc.
    > [url]http://priiva.net[/url]
    >
    > I don't wanna grow up, I'm a ToysRUs Kid....
    > "dan mode" <dan.modeedom.nad.com> wrote in message
    > > just make sure that it is loaded with all sorts of fun spyware and
    > > viruses -
    > > and include some death threats to top it off. :)
    > >

    > > --
    > >
    > > Dan
    > > blah blah lengthy signatures rule
    > > *SITE* [url]http://www.smithmediafusion.com[/url]
    > > *MY BLOG* [url]http://www.smithfamilynewsletter.org/blog/newsMain.html[/url]
    > > (yes, that is flash folks)
    > > Alt+F+X
    > > __
    > > "crash" <adminNOMAILstormwraith.net> wrote in message
    > >> what if i sent it as an *.exe?

    > >> --
    > >>

    > >> ::-----::-----::
    > >>
    > >> thanks,
    > >>
    > >> Jon Parkhurst
    > >> PriivaWeb, Inc.
    > >> [url]http://priiva.net[/url]
    > >>
    > >> I don't wanna grow up, I'm a ToysRUs Kid....
    > >> "dan mode" <dan.modeedom.nad.com> wrote in message
    > > in

    > > file
    When

    dan mode Guest

  9. #9

    lol

    --

    ::-----::-----::

    > [email]billgatesmicrosomething.exe[/email]
    >

    > --
    >
    > Dan
    > blah blah lengthy signatures rule
    > *SITE* [url]http://www.smithmediafusion.com[/url]
    > *MY BLOG* [url]http://www.smithfamilynewsletter.org/blog/newsMain.html[/url]
    > (yes, that is flash folks)
    > Alt+F+X
    > __
    > "crash" <adminNOMAILstormwraith.net> wrote in message
    >> gotcha. what's yer email addresss again? you'll help me test it, right?
    >>
    >> --
    >>

    >> ::-----::-----::
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >>
    >> Jon Parkhurst
    >> PriivaWeb, Inc.
    >> [url]http://priiva.net[/url]
    >>
    >> I don't wanna grow up, I'm a ToysRUs Kid....
    >> "dan mode" <dan.modeedom.nad.com> wrote in message
    >> > just make sure that it is loaded with all sorts of fun spyware and
    >> > viruses -
    >> > and include some death threats to top it off. :)
    >> >

    >> > --
    >> >
    >> > Dan
    >> > blah blah lengthy signatures rule
    >> > *SITE* [url]http://www.smithmediafusion.com[/url]
    >> > *MY BLOG* [url]http://www.smithfamilynewsletter.org/blog/newsMain.html[/url]
    >> > (yes, that is flash folks)
    >> > Alt+F+X
    >> > __
    >> > "crash" <adminNOMAILstormwraith.net> wrote in message

    > flash
    >> > in

    >> > file
    > When
    > there.

    crash Guest

  10. #10

    > what if i sent it as an *.exe?

    Won't be much good for Mac and Linuxs users. ;o)

    -Darrel

    darrel Guest

  11. #11

    would be muhc *good* for pc users/ ;O)

    --

    ::-----::-----::

    "darrel" <notrealhotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> what if i sent it as an *.exe?
    >
    > Won't be much good for Mac and Linuxs users. ;o)
    >
    > -Darrel

    crash Guest

  12. #12

    well sure it would Darrel - it would knock out all the PC users leaving Mac
    Geeks to rule the Geek world. your life long dream of being "Geek King" is
    here....
    :)

    --

    Dan
    blah blah lengthy signatures rule
    *SITE* [url]http://www.smithmediafusion.com[/url]
    *MY BLOG* [url]http://www.smithfamilynewsletter.org/blog/newsMain.html[/url]
    (yes, that is flash folks)
    Alt+F+X
    __
    "darrel" <notrealhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > what if i sent it as an *.exe?
    >
    > Won't be much good for Mac and Linuxs users. ;o)
    >
    > -Darrel

    dan mode Guest

  13. #13

    > would be muhc *good* for pc users/ ;O)