nameBox Event box ---------> eventBox Email box ---------> emailBox Guest box ---------> guestBox Submit Button ---------> submitBtn The website can be viewed at [url]http://www.thedebonairtouch.com/DebonairMain.html[/url] Please, someone help!!! I am very lost! LOL [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => CasmoeDesigns [ip] => webforumsuser@m [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 1 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => 1 [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Sending Form Information to Server - Macromedia Flash Data Integration

Sending Form Information to Server - Macromedia Flash Data Integration

Excuse me everyone for my lack of knowledge. I am in the process of creating a flash site for friend of mine. He wants to be able to have a guest list for his events in DC. I have created form boxes and have given them all "instance names". But I have absoultely NO clue how to have the text entered by people trying to get on the guest list sent to my server so we can all read it. I have a book on Flash but it really doest explain how to do it at all. I'm guessing I ...

Default Sending Form Information to Server

Excuse me everyone for my lack of knowledge.

I am in the process of creating a flash site for friend of mine. He wants to
    be able to have a guest list for his events in DC. I have created form boxes
    and have given them all "instance names". But I have absoultely NO clue how to
    have the text entered by people trying to get on the guest list sent to my
    server so we can all read it.

I have a book on Flash but it really doest explain how to do it at all. I'm
    guessing I need to do some actionscript?

The instance names for the boxes are:

Name box --------> nameBox

Event box ---------> eventBox

Email box ---------> emailBox

Guest box ---------> guestBox

Submit Button ---------> submitBtn

The website can be viewed at [url]http://www.thedebonairtouch.com/DebonairMain.html[/url]

Please, someone help!!! I am very lost! LOL

CasmoeDesigns Guest

Default Re: Sending Form Information to Server

Yes some Actionscript and some PHP if that is your preference. I have written
    an article for precisely this thing that you can find here:

[url]http://explorinlauren.com/repository/flash/actionscript/sending-and-receiving-va[/url]
    riables-from-php.html

If you have more questions let me know.

cinemaguy Guest

ok I've read that. Where do I create the PHP file? In Dreamweaver?

Also where is the actionscript going? On the button?

CasmoeDesigns Guest

yes you could put it in an onRelease function. you can use any text editor to create PHP or Dreamweaver will work as well. Just save as .php
    cinemaguy Guest

So the code you have wrote is to stay the same?
    CasmoeDesigns Guest

This came up when I but the action script on the submit button.

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Form_block, frame=88:Line 15: Statement must
    appear within on/onClipEvent handler
    var srLv:LoadVars = new LoadVars();

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Form_block, frame=88:Line 17: Statement must
    srLv.onLoad = function() {

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Form_block, frame=88:Line 25: Statement must
    srLv.flashCount = 1;

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=Form_block, frame=88:Line 27: Statement must
    srLv.sendAndLoad("sendandreceive.php", srLv, "POST");

Total ActionScript Errors: 4 Reported Errors: 4

CasmoeDesigns Guest

I'm not sure what you mean. Its just an introduction into how to send and receive data from the server with Flash.
    cinemaguy Guest

Oh, well I have no clue still then. I was hoping someone could actually help me with the code to send the form information to the server.

What you gave me is confusing. Sorry.
    CasmoeDesigns Guest

All of those errors are telling you is that you tried to on (release) function on a frame and not on a button or movieclip. That has nothing to do with the code I gave you.
    cinemaguy Guest