Professional Web Applications Themes

Sending HTML Emails via a Mac (k) - Macromedia Dreamweaver

  1. #1

    Default Re: Sending HTML Emails via a Mac (k)

    > The
    > graphics don't show up.
    You're not attaching the images, are you? You need to upload the images to a
    server and link to them from the email.
    > If the person's email program can't handle HTML how can I still have
    > something legible to read?
    You need to send your message as multipart. Alternatively, just don't use
    HTML email...that way you know everyone can read it.
    > Is there an html email program for the Mac?
    Remember that html support in email applications is across the board. Some
    do OK (like outlook and outlook express, which use IE to render email) and
    others don't do HTML email at all.

    As for sending HTML email from a desktop computer, I've only had luck with
    Outlook Express on a PC.
    > How about sending emails from Filemaker Pro?
    I'm guessing someone somewhere has set up a mailer system that works with
    Filemaker Pro. Have you done any google searching?

    -Darrel

    darrel Guest

  2. #2

    Stern PowerBook wrote:
    > I'm working on an email newsletter that is in HTML. I know I can send an
    > HTML email via Netscape, but haven't had much luck on the receiving end. The
    > graphics don't show up.
    >
    > If the person's email program can't handle HTML how can I still have
    > something legible to read?
    >
    > Is there an html email program for the Mac?
    >
    > How about sending emails from Filemaker Pro?
    >
    > -Kirk

    Do you have Entourage?

    --
    Dan Vendel - *GOF*
    [url]http://www.vendel.info[/url]

    Dan Vendel *GOF* Guest

  3. #3

    >> If the person's email program can't handle HTML how can I still have
    >> something legible to read?
    >You need to send your message as multipart. Alternatively, just don't use
    >HTML email...that way you know everyone can read it.
    Darrel , could you expand on this as i send html emails and dont know of the
    method to allow users for example to click a link that will enable them to
    see an online version if their email clients dont support html emails

    thanks
    Stv

    --

    *****************************

    BULLET
    Studio 5
    Culford House
    01-07 Orsman Road
    London N1 5RA
    +44(0)20 76135324
    [url]www.bulletclip.com[/url]

    *****************************

    "Dan Vendel *GOF*" <see_my_signature__the_bottom_of_the_post.com> wrote in
    message news:3F0EE502.9060306_the_bottom_of_the_post.com. ..
    > Stern PowerBook wrote:
    >
    > > I'm working on an email newsletter that is in HTML. I know I can send an
    > > HTML email via Netscape, but haven't had much luck on the receiving end.
    The
    > > graphics don't show up.
    > >
    > > If the person's email program can't handle HTML how can I still have
    > > something legible to read?
    > >
    > > Is there an html email program for the Mac?
    > >
    > > How about sending emails from Filemaker Pro?
    > >
    > > -Kirk
    > >

    > Do you have Entourage?
    >
    > --
    > Dan Vendel - *GOF*
    > [url]http://www.vendel.info[/url]
    > Contact me directly by clicking here:
    > [url]http://contact.vendel.info[/url]
    > Formmail tutorial:
    > [url]http://www.vendel.info/tut/formmail.html[/url]
    > Nested table demonstration:
    > [url]http://www.vendel.info/tabletut/[/url]

    steve Guest

  4. #4

    Darrel,
    I am linking to the graphics on our server with absolute links. I have a
    message on a Filemaker message board. If I get an answer I'll post it here
    as well. Thanks for the tips.

    Dan,
    I don't have Entourage

    -Kirk
    > From: "darrel" <darrel.austincourts.state.mn.us>
    > Newsgroups: macromedia.dreamweaver
    > Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:58:07 -0500
    > Subject: Re: Sending HTML Emails via a Mac (k)
    >
    >> The
    >> graphics don't show up.
    >
    > You're not attaching the images, are you? You need to upload the images to a
    > server and link to them from the email.
    >
    >> If the person's email program can't handle HTML how can I still have
    >> something legible to read?
    >
    > You need to send your message as multipart. Alternatively, just don't use
    > HTML email...that way you know everyone can read it.
    >
    >> Is there an html email program for the Mac?
    >
    > Remember that html support in email applications is across the board. Some
    > do OK (like outlook and outlook express, which use IE to render email) and
    > others don't do HTML email at all.
    >
    > As for sending HTML email from a desktop computer, I've only had luck with
    > Outlook Express on a PC.
    >
    >> How about sending emails from Filemaker Pro?
    >
    > I'm guessing someone somewhere has set up a mailer system that works with
    > Filemaker Pro. Have you done any google searching?
    >
    > -Darrel

    Stern PowerBook Guest