Professional Web Applications Themes

sending out an SOS - not a n00b Question but very complicated - Macromedia Dreamweaver

hey everybody, i run a Photoshop Tutorial site called [url]http://www.designerdrugs.tk[/url] you might want to take a look at my site, cause i have a complicated problem i just finished my new layout but i encountered a major problem, i designed my site so that people who have a 1280x1024 resolution (like me) see the site completely without having to scroll. the site specs are 600 width and 850 height, i made my site so that a 1024x768 visitor would only have to scroll down a little bit, a 150-200 pixels i did not use Tables i used three frames: (left ...

  1. #1

    Default sending out an SOS - not a n00b Question but very complicated

    hey everybody,
    i run a Photoshop Tutorial site called [url]http://www.designerdrugs.tk[/url]

    you might want to take a look at my site, cause i have a complicated problem

    i just finished my new layout but i encountered a major problem, i designed my site so that people who have a 1280x1024 resolution (like me) see the site completely without having to scroll.
    the site specs are 600 width and 850 height, i made my site so that a 1024x768 visitor would only have to scroll down a little bit, a 150-200 pixels

    i did not use Tables

    i used three frames:
    (left border, top (navigation) and a mainframe in which the pages are shown when clicked on a link), each frame equals a page, so i have three pages

    these three pages have a background image, slices from Photoshop, i positioned my frames so my three slices (=my three bg images) fit smoothly and only appear once, cause normally a bg image "repeats" itself
    I did this by saving the three frames as a frameset and then i created a page that keeps the frameset in a rectangle with the exact size of 600x850, people who have a higher resolution, see a white "page" around my three frames, people who have a smaller resolution don't see the blank pages, but just the site

    i gave the mainframe scrollbars because it is necessary for my tutorials, which are sometimes very long or just longer then 850 high, i did this by clicking in the frames palette on the frame and setting the value of scroll to YES

    what i can't have is that my other two frames have separate scrollbars, it's ugly and very messy and not what i had in mind, (so i set the value there to scrolling=NO), they need to scroll down by using a "general" scrollbar such as the one as i see on this page on the left, i want my entire site to scroll down and not just the left frame or just the top frame

    my question: how can i make my entire site scroll down??
    pls keep in mind that i "boxed" my frameset in a rectangle

    because i use frames, 1024x768 visitors don't see a scrollbar to scroll down, how can i fix this

    Kind regards and ThX in Advance to the one(s) who can help me out
    Jochen "SHiKai" Sengier

    Referring URLs
    [url]http://www.designerdrugs.tk[/url]

    SHiKai webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    ohh damn, i was afraid i would get this answer..

    what would you suggest i do then??
    Should i work with the html pages that Photoshop creates when i slice them??

    ThX for the quick reply Murray *TMM*

    SHiKai webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    OT:
    I love your tutorials!

    Jordan

    "SHiKai" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > hey everybody,
    > i run a Photoshop Tutorial site called [url]http://www.designerdrugs.tk[/url]
    >
    > you might want to take a look at my site, cause i have a complicated
    problem

    > i just finished my new layout but i encountered a major problem, i
    designed my site so that people who have a 1280x1024 resolution (like me)
    see the site completely without having to scroll.
    > the site specs are 600 width and 850 height, i made my site so that a
    1024x768 visitor would only have to scroll down a little bit, a 150-200
    pixels

    > i did not use Tables
    >
    > i used three frames:
    > (left border, top (navigation) and a mainframe in which the pages are
    shown when clicked on a link), each frame equals a page, so i have three
    pages

    > these three pages have a background image, slices from Photoshop, i
    positioned my frames so my three slices (=my three bg images) fit smoothly
    and only appear once, cause normally a bg image "repeats" itself
    > I did this by saving the three frames as a frameset and then i created a
    page that keeps the frameset in a rectangle with the exact size of 600x850,
    people who have a higher resolution, see a white "page" around my three
    frames, people who have a smaller resolution don't see the blank pages, but
    just the site

    > i gave the mainframe scrollbars because it is necessary for my tutorials,
    which are sometimes very long or just longer then 850 high, i did this by
    clicking in the frames palette on the frame and setting the value of scroll
    to YES

    > what i can't have is that my other two frames have separate scrollbars,
    it's ugly and very messy and not what i had in mind, (so i set the value
    there to scrolling=NO), they need to scroll down by using a "general"
    scrollbar such as the one as i see on this page on the left, i want my
    entire site to scroll down and not just the left frame or just the top frame

    > my question: how can i make my entire site scroll down??
    > pls keep in mind that i "boxed" my frameset in a rectangle
    >
    > because i use frames, 1024x768 visitors don't see a scrollbar to scroll
    down, how can i fix this

    > Kind regards and ThX in Advance to the one(s) who can help me out
    > Jochen "SHiKai" Sengier
    >

    > Referring URLs
    > [url]http://www.designerdrugs.tk[/url]

    Jordan Marton Guest

  4. #4

    ThX for the suggestions Alan & ThX Jordan for your comment

    you're right about the frames, they cause more problems than they solve...
    i still have to learn a lot when it comes to webdesign, but i've learned some
    valuable lessons here

    lets hope all these problems are solved in the next DesignerDrugs version!

    ThX everyone and feel free to send/post your site url to me, i would love to
    see some professional sites at work

    [email]jochen.sengierpandora.be[/email]

    SHiKai webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest