[allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => mxstu [ip] => webforumsuser@m [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 2 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Seperating Information from One Entry - Coldfusion - Advanced Techniques

Seperating Information from One Entry - Coldfusion - Advanced Techniques

Hey.. I'm trying to seperate numbers out from a single entry. When a user submits the form it converts their time selections to a military time and puts it in the format hh:mm:00. Seconds don't matter obviously. What I'm trying to do is on the edit page, when it loads the form where they edit, it first sets the values for the hour and minutes. Then it will select the right time in the drop downs..... no problem I can do that. My problem is gettin the hours and minutes out of hh:mm:ss. Is there a way to say run ...

Default Seperating Information from One Entry

Hey..
    I'm trying to seperate numbers out from a single entry. When a user submits
    the form it converts their time selections to a military time and puts it in
    the format hh:mm:00. Seconds don't matter obviously. What I'm trying to do is
    on the edit page, when it loads the form where they edit, it first sets the
    values for the hour and minutes. Then it will select the right time in the drop
    downs..... no problem I can do that. My problem is gettin the hours and minutes
    out of hh:mm:ss. Is there a way to say run a <cfset hours = (selecting only the
    hh from hh:mm:ss)> and a <cfset minutes = (selecting only mm from hh:mm:ss)>?
    Is that possible to do and if so how?

weswhite7 Guest

Default Re: Seperating Information from One Entry

If your value is a valid date/time object, you could use date functions to
    extract the hours and minutes. If the value is just a string, you could use
    list functions.

<!--- using date functions --->
    <cfset hours = datePart("h", yourValue)>
    <cfset minutes = datePart("n", yourValue)>

<!--- using list functions --->
    <cfset hours = listFirst(yourValue, ":")>
    <cfset minutes = listGetAt(yourValue, 2, ":")>

mxstu Guest

well in the database its no tin there as a datetime datatype. but the format is hh:mm:ss so would it still work?
    weswhite7 Guest

It might. You could try it. If not, you should be alble to use the list
    functions instead. Btw, if you're dealing with date/time values, you might
    consider using the correct data type to store those types of values (ie.
    date/time and not text/varchar).

mxstu Guest

that worked
    weswhite7 Guest

The timeformat function will work.

Originally posted by: weswhite7
    well in the database its no tin there as a datetime datatype. but the format is hh:mm:ss so would it still work?

Dan Guest