Professional Web Applications Themes

sepia tone - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

I'm used to the old photoshop business addition. I'm trying to change photos to sepia tone in photoshop7. How is this done>...

  1. #1

    Default sepia tone

    I'm used to the old photoshop business addition. I'm trying to change photos to sepia tone in photoshop7. How is this done>
    Debra Picard Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: sepia tone

    Also-There's a canned action that'll do it. Or you could try a gradient map adjustment layer.
    barry gray Guest

  3. #3

    A very short and easy approach could be to go to printer properties. Under the main tab select photo enhance. the drop down will give you the sepia option. I do not think you can adjust this but you do get a deep brownish sepia.
    Dennis Palin Guest

  4. #4

    Thanks for all the advise! Now I go try all the suggestions! I'm sure I'll have many more questions about other subjects!
    Debra Picard Guest

  5. #5

    Debra, you might try the ubiquitous FAQ section, along with your Help function in Photoshop (F1) or the ever-dreaded User Manual before jumping on the Forum to ask all your questions. The answers for most of your questions have been posted many times before, and are for the most part STANDARD information provided by Adobe in the Help and User Manual sections...
    Ol' Whozit Guest

  6. #6

    Man, O'Whozit, sorry to have bothered you with my questions, I'm new to this whole forum thing! I'm learning a lot though...
    Debra Picard Guest

  7. #7

    No bother, just a gentle reminder that you have the answers already at hand, and you should just put a little effort into finding them yourself before asking the same thing others have asked before you.

    Just because you are new at something doesn't mean you shouldn't try to do it yourself first.

    Imagine how much more you'll learn from what's already been answered rather than repeating the questions!
    Ol' Whozit Guest

  8. #8

    Here's an article highly rated by some here in the Forum, you might start with it...
    <http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>
    Ol' Whozit Guest

  9. #9

    Here's an article highly rated by some here in the Forum, you might start with it...
    <http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>

    ESPECIALLY the "Before you Ask" and "homework" sections...
    Ol' Whozit Guest

  10. #10

    not so gentle, ol'whozit, do you respond to every new forum user's questions so condensensingly? Get a life outside of reader forums.
    Debra Picard Guest

  11. #11

    Debra,

    Since you're new, you don't know OW. She adds a more colorful element to the forum, but is harmless. Look past the dirt, and you'll find the gold.

    No worries, ask away, the forum is comprised of a wide variety of talent and knowledge and you would do well to return.

    Peace,
    Tony
    YrbkMgr Guest

  12. #12

    2 days later I am wanting the answer to the same question and found it searching the forum. Thank you George for taking the time to answer. Thank you Tony for being open to newbies.

    HopeKeeper
    HopeKeeper Guest

  13. #13

    Greg_Demack@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    actions on disk
    dave_milbut@adobeforums.com Guest

  15. #15

    How do I Sepia tone a B/W image? Also, How do I make a B/W Image look B/W instead of slightly blue and white? All this is in PS7.
    Greg_Demack@adobeforums.com Guest

  16. #16

    How do I Sepia tone a B/W image?

    set the image to rgb mode. click the layers palette and create a hue saturation adjustment layer. click the "colorize" button. sepia away.

    Also, How do I make a B/W Image look B/W instead of slightly blue and
    white?

    sounds like a monitor calibration problem. run adobe gamma from the control panel and profile your monitor.
    dave_milbut@adobeforums.com Guest

  17. #17

    I like to change the grayscale pic to RGB and then I go to
    Image-adjustments-color balance. Then I move the top slider to the right
    (toward the red) and the bottom slider left (slightly toward the yellow).It
    works for me.

    William Guest