Professional Web Applications Themes

Server Application Unavailable - ASP.NET Web Services

I get the following error msg when i try to access the webservices from my localhost: Server Application Unavailable The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request. Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the system event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur. When i check the event viewer, it says, aspnet_wp.exe could not be launched because the ...

  1. #1

    Default Server Application Unavailable

    I get the following error msg when i try to access the webservices from my localhost:

    Server Application Unavailable

    The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.

    Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the system event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

    When i check the event viewer, it says,

    aspnet_wp.exe could not be launched because the username and/or password supplied in the processModel section of the config file are invalid.

    I just re-installed visual studio.net and the error still occurs.

    Patricia Kline Guest

  3. #3

    I'm new to ASP.Net. I have a very simple application that
    was working last week. Now I get this message when I try
    to run it from VS.Net:

    Server Application Unavailable
    The web application you are attempting to access on this
    web server is currently unavailable. Please hit
    the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your
    request.

    Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause
    of this specific request failure can be found in the
    system

    It is only a single page at this point with a few images
    and labels. I believe IIS is running (version 5.1). I am
    running Windows XP SP1.

    I suspect it might have had something to do with
    installing the latest security patches.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks, Ted
    Ted Kennedy Guest

  4. #4

    This is a classic asp newsgroup. While you may be lucky enough to find a
    dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your question, you can eliminate the
    luck factor by posting your question to an appropriate group. I suggest

    Bob Barrows Guest

  5. #5

    I'd suggest reposting to a DotNet group.
    While some here may be able to assist you I think you will find more answers
    in an appropriate group.

    Owner/Lead Designer, DF-Software
    [url]http://www.Darkfalz.com[/url]

    "Ted Kennedy" <tedservicebrands.com> wrote in message
    > I'm new to ASP.Net. I have a very simple application that
    > was working last week. Now I get this message when I try
    > to run it from VS.Net:
    >
    > Server Application Unavailable
    > The web application you are attempting to access on this
    > web server is currently unavailable. Please hit
    > the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your
    > request.
    >
    > Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause
    > of this specific request failure can be found in the
    > system
    >
    > It is only a single page at this point with a few images
    > and labels. I believe IIS is running (version 5.1). I am
    > running Windows XP SP1.
    >
    > I suspect it might have had something to do with
    > installing the latest security patches.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks, Ted

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

  6. #6

    Geetings all,
    I'm getting the following message in Internet Explorer
    when trying to run an ASP.NET app or QuickStart sample:
    ------
    Server Application Unavailable
    The web application you are attempting to access on this
    web server is currently unavailable. ... etc. ... etc. ...
    ------

    This happens after a brand new installation of Visual
    Studio .NET (2002) Enterprise Architect on my "test
    server".

    The installation sequence I followed was:
    1. Reformat the Hard Disk
    2. Install Windows XP Professional
    3. Install IIS 5.1 (from WinXP CD)
    4. Install WinXP SP1
    5. Install utilities (virus protection, WinZip, etc.)
    6. Set up Internet and LAN connections
    7. Install all Security Updates for WinXP from
    windowsupdate.microsoft.com site
    8. Install SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
    9. Install SQL Server 2000 SP3a
    10. Install Visual Studio .NET (2002) Enterprise Architect
    11. Install .NET Framework 1.0 SP2
    12. Install MSDE 2000 manually from SQL Server 2000 SP3a,
    using the NetSDK named instance
    13. Manually installed the .NET Framework SDK QuickStart
    samples according to the "SDK Samples Configuration
    Details" doent

    From what I can see everything installed OK - so it must
    be a setting somewhere that I'm missing ... or something.

    Any help will be appreciated.

    Adam P.

    Adam Phillips Guest

  7. #7

    Thanks, this seems to have sorted the problem out!

    Adam P.

    Adam Phillips Guest

  8. #8

    Im trying to run a web-form on localhost but i get this
    error message in internet-explorer:
    "Server Application Unavailable"

    Can anybody help me?

    Arild
    Arild Guest

  9. #9

    This could be a known issue, check following pages:
    [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/support/support/servapp/[/url]
    [url]http://www.asp.net/faq/ms03-32-issue.aspx[/url]

    --
    Greetz

    Jan Tielens
    ________________________________
    Read my weblog: [url]http://weblogs.asp.net/jan[/url]

    "Arild" <askarinith.no> wrote in message

    > Im trying to run a web-form on localhost but i get this
    > error message in internet-explorer:
    > "Server Application Unavailable"
    >
    > Can anybody help me?
    >
    > Arild

    Jan Tielens Guest

  10. #10

    Hi all. I have come across a very rare problem involving Windows 2003
    Server, .NET 1.1 Framework, and ASP.NET all on SMP servers.

    I try to access my ASP.NET pages on the IIS server with "Server Application
    Unavailable" as the result. I have WSS installed and I just installed MCMS
    yesterday. It was after I installed MCMS that this happened.

    I found an article about the problem: Microsoft Knowledge Base Article -
    821157 [url]http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821157[/url]

    My problem is that [the article says] they want you to contact MS Support to
    obtain the fix, but my Windows Server 2003 is from the MSDN Library. Is
    there any other way to obtain this fix?

    I did a bunch of searching around on Google, etc, and I know I'm not the
    only person who's had this problem. Although, out of all the posts I found,
    none were accompanied by answers.

    Scott Vinkle Guest

  11. #11

    Hi,

    It doesn't matter where your Windows Server 2003 is from, just call the
    number they tell you and say "Hi, I need hotfix number 821157" and they
    won't charge you

    --
    --Jonathan Maltz [Microsoft MVP - Windows Server, Virtual PC]
    [url]http://www.visualwin.com[/url] - A Windows Server 2003 visual, step-by-step

    "Scott Vinkle" <Scott.Vinklemoh.gov.on.ca> wrote in message
    > Hi all. I have come across a very rare problem involving Windows 2003
    > Server, .NET 1.1 Framework, and ASP.NET all on SMP servers.
    >
    > I try to access my ASP.NET pages on the IIS server with "Server
    Application
    > Unavailable" as the result. I have WSS installed and I just installed MCMS
    > yesterday. It was after I installed MCMS that this happened.
    >
    > I found an article about the problem: Microsoft Knowledge Base Article -
    > 821157 [url]http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821157[/url]
    >
    > My problem is that [the article says] they want you to contact MS Support
    > obtain the fix, but my Windows Server 2003 is from the MSDN Library. Is
    > there any other way to obtain this fix?
    >
    > I did a bunch of searching around on Google, etc, and I know I'm not the
    > only person who's had this problem. Although, out of all the posts I
    found,
    > none were accompanied by answers.

    Jonathan Maltz [MS-MVP] Guest

  12. #12

    Hi

    I've built a solution that connects to an ODBC data source.
    The data source is from a native Navision 4.0 database.
    I've been able to do this through a Windows Application project.

    The problem starts when i try to do the same through an ASP .NET Web Service.
    When i invoke the method that connects to the data source Internet Explorer
    tries to load the page and continues to load and load and load.
    If I stop and run the project again an error appears:
    "Server Application Unavailable
    The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
    currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser
    to retry your request.

    Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific
    request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server.
    Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur. "

    The error that appears in Event Viewer is
    "aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 2024) stopped unexpectedly."
    The Event ID is 1000.

    If i try using an ODBC that connects to an Access database the Webservice
    works fine, so believe it must be something about the time the NAvision Data
    source takes to open (Using Windows Aplication takes about 20 seconds).

    I've changed the "executionTimeout", "stateNetworkTimeout",
    "responseRestartDeadlockInterval", among others, from machine.config and
    still no success.

    I have administrator rights on the pc I'm working on.
    Can someone shine some light?

    I wonder if anyone has had this problem.
    Thanks
    Miguel
    Miguel Oliveira Guest

  13. #13

    One more thing.
    The code is this
    [WebMethod]
    public string getName(){
    string connstring = "DSN=navision";

    OdbcConnection conn = null;
    OdbcCommand cmd =null;
    string val = null;
    string query = "select N§,\"Alias Nome\" from Cliente where \"Alias
    Nome\" like 'GDE%'";

    OdbcDataReader read = null;

    try
    {
    conn = new OdbcConnection(connstring);
    conn.Open();
    cmd = new OdbcCommand(query,conn);
    read =cmd.ExecuteReader();

    while(read.Read())
    {
    val="ID: " + read.GetString(0);
    val= val + " Name: " + read.GetString(1) + "<->";

    }
    return val;
    conn.Close();

    }
    catch(Exception ex)
    {
    conn.Close();
    return ex.Message;

    }
    }

    THe Web Service hangs on conn.Open().
    Miguel Oliveira Guest

  14. #14

    Make sure you grant read write permissions to your web folder and .net framework folder located in C:/Windows/Ms.net framework/version

    And then go to start menu , click run, type "iisreset" and then try to visit your website again.

    http://codeofinformation.wordpress.com/2012/02/15/solution-for-aspnet_wp-exe-could-not-be-launched/
    Dhenn Guest