Professional Web Applications Themes

Server Crashed and Need Suggestions! - Macromedia Flash Flashcom

I am running the developer version on a Window's XP Computer. When I started FMS up today I was not able to load any applications. I noticed that the ?Flash Media Server (FMS)? Service keeps stopping on its own. I go into "Services" and start it manually but every time that I attempt to start an application the service stops. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and this does not help. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can try to resolve this problem?? Thank you!...

  1. #1

    Default Server Crashed and Need Suggestions!

    I am running the developer version on a Window's XP Computer. When I started
    FMS up today I was not able to load any applications. I noticed that the
    ?Flash Media Server (FMS)? Service keeps stopping on its own. I go into
    "Services" and start it manually but every time that I attempt to start an
    application the service stops. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and
    this does not help.

    Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can try to resolve this problem??

    Thank you!

    Ven34 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Server Crashed and Need Suggestions!

    Additional info... the error being logged in System Tools is "FMS has detected
    system time is going backwards; shutting down server." Yesterday, I had
    temporarily changed the system time and changed it back to the current time.
    How is FMS determing that the system time is going backwards even when it is
    completely uninstalled and reinstalled? Is there anyway to fix this?

    Ven34 Guest

  3. #3

    I guess there is a file in doent and settings (local application
    data/macromedia, you will have to look for it) that you need to delete. As I
    remember, it is a file with 0 bytes that keeps time information.

    Darioandrade Guest

  4. #4

    On 1 avr, 18:20, "Darioandrade" <webforumsu...macromedia.com> wrote:
    > I guess there is a file in doent and settings (local application
    > data/macromedia, you will have to look for it) that you need to delete. As I
    > remember, it is a file with 0 bytes that keepstimeinformation.
    Hello,

    I have the same problem but with linux.
    Error found in my logs: FMS has detected system time is going
    backwards; shutting down server.

    I tried to delete all files in tmp, logs... but every time I try to
    start the fms, it's shutdown. I tried to change the date of the system
    but all the .rot file show the date of the system +1day.. exemple, if
    my system is set to 17 march, my log .rot files will show 18 march...

    Any idea ?

    Thanks for helping

    virtual.user@gmail.com Guest

  5. #5

    Hello,
    I have exactly this problem but with a linux system. I can't find the file I
    need to delete in order to be able to start my FMS again. I deleted all the
    tmp dir, the logs dir.. the registry dir...

    error message:
    "FMS has detected system time is going backwards; shutting down server."

    The only solution on the net seem to be for windows systems.

    Do you have a solution ???

    Best regards and many thanks !

    Holaciao Guest

  6. #6

    Anyone ?

    Thanks
    Holaciao Guest

  7. #7

    just try to restore your computer to the day when your FMS works normal...
    paulapwang Guest