Professional Web Applications Themes

Server session stats - Informix

Does anyone have any good admin queries (SQL) that can be run to report on current server stats. Simiar results to "onstat -u" I can query the syssessions view on sysmaster and have trolled the newsgroups and web for useful queries. A lot of the reporting scripts where Unix shell scripts but I need to run the queries over JDBC using an awesome JAVA sql client I have found. These reports may be included in an JAVA web application if I can prove them to be useful. I am specifically not mentioning any of the SQl statements I already have ...

  1. #1

    Default Server session stats

    Does anyone have any good admin queries (SQL) that can be run to report
    on current server stats. Simiar results to "onstat -u"

    I can query the syssessions view on sysmaster and have trolled the
    newsgroups and web for useful queries. A lot of the reporting scripts
    where Unix shell scripts but I need to run the queries over JDBC using
    an awesome JAVA sql client I have found. These reports may be included
    in an JAVA web application if I can prove them to be useful.

    I am specifically not mentioning any of the SQl statements I already
    have as I would like to find out what other people are using.

    Gavin

    me here Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Server session stats

    Have you tried Informix ServerStudio ([url]http://www.serverstudio.com)?[/url]

    Gorazd

    "me here" <donotspam@notspam.spam> wrote in message
    news:2cohb.32$ws.2169@news02.tsnz.net...
    > Does anyone have any good admin queries (SQL) that can be run to report
    > on current server stats. Simiar results to "onstat -u"
    >
    > I can query the syssessions view on sysmaster and have trolled the
    > newsgroups and web for useful queries. A lot of the reporting scripts
    > where Unix shell scripts but I need to run the queries over JDBC using
    > an awesome JAVA sql client I have found. These reports may be included
    > in an JAVA web application if I can prove them to be useful.
    >
    > I am specifically not mentioning any of the SQl statements I already
    > have as I would like to find out what other people are using.
    >
    > Gavin
    >

    Gorazd Hribar Rajteric Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Server session stats

    There's lots of this sort of stuff in the International Informix Users Group
    software repository, at [url]www.iiug.org[/url]. You have to join, but it's free.. and
    you should be a member already! :-)

    "me here" <donotspam@notspam.spam> wrote in message
    news:2cohb.32$ws.2169@news02.tsnz.net...
    > Does anyone have any good admin queries (SQL) that can be run to report
    > on current server stats. Simiar results to "onstat -u"
    >
    > I can query the syssessions view on sysmaster and have trolled the
    > newsgroups and web for useful queries. A lot of the reporting scripts
    > where Unix shell scripts but I need to run the queries over JDBC using
    > an awesome JAVA sql client I have found. These reports may be included
    > in an JAVA web application if I can prove them to be useful.
    >
    > I am specifically not mentioning any of the SQl statements I already
    > have as I would like to find out what other people are using.
    >
    > Gavin
    >

    Neil Truby Guest

  4. #4

    Default Re: Server session stats

    I have a number of sql scripts that run against sysmaster. They include
    finding the highly used tables, finding users who do most sequential scans
    etc.
    At the moment my main concern is that I can't post through informix-list for
    some reason.

    Any ideas

    Malcolm

    "Neil Truby" <neil.truby@ardenta.com> wrote in message
    news:bm5l56$i46bc$1@ID-162943.news.uni-berlin.de...
    > There's lots of this sort of stuff in the International Informix Users
    Group
    > software repository, at [url]www.iiug.org[/url]. You have to join, but it's free..
    and
    > you should be a member already! :-)
    >
    > "me here" <donotspam@notspam.spam> wrote in message
    > news:2cohb.32$ws.2169@news02.tsnz.net...
    > > Does anyone have any good admin queries (SQL) that can be run to report
    > > on current server stats. Simiar results to "onstat -u"
    > >
    > > I can query the syssessions view on sysmaster and have trolled the
    > > newsgroups and web for useful queries. A lot of the reporting scripts
    > > where Unix shell scripts but I need to run the queries over JDBC using
    > > an awesome JAVA sql client I have found. These reports may be included
    > > in an JAVA web application if I can prove them to be useful.
    > >
    > > I am specifically not mentioning any of the SQl statements I already
    > > have as I would like to find out what other people are using.
    > >
    > > Gavin
    > >
    >
    >

    Malcolm Weallans Guest

  5. #5

    Default Re: Server session stats

    Malcolm Weallans wrote:
    > I have a number of sql scripts that run against sysmaster. They include
    > finding the highly used tables, finding users who do most sequential scans
    > etc.
    > At the moment my main concern is that I can't post through informix-list for
    > some reason.
    >
    > Any ideas
    >
    > Malcolm
    >
    > "Neil Truby" <neil.truby@ardenta.com> wrote in message
    > news:bm5l56$i46bc$1@ID-162943.news.uni-berlin.de...
    >
    >>There's lots of this sort of stuff in the International Informix Users
    >
    > Group
    >
    >>software repository, at [url]www.iiug.org[/url]. You have to join, but it's free..
    >
    > and
    >
    >>you should be a member already! :-)
    >>
    >>"me here" <donotspam@notspam.spam> wrote in message
    >>news:2cohb.32$ws.2169@news02.tsnz.net...
    >>
    >>>Does anyone have any good admin queries (SQL) that can be run to report
    >>>on current server stats. Simiar results to "onstat -u"
    >>>
    >>>I can query the syssessions view on sysmaster and have trolled the
    >>>newsgroups and web for useful queries. A lot of the reporting scripts
    >>>where Unix shell scripts but I need to run the queries over JDBC using
    >>>an awesome JAVA sql client I have found. These reports may be included
    >>>in an JAVA web application if I can prove them to be useful.
    >>>
    >>>I am specifically not mentioning any of the SQl statements I already
    >>>have as I would like to find out what other people are using.
    >>>
    >>>Gavin
    >>>
    >>
    >>
    >
    >
    Sounds useful. Try gavin -at- jolly -dot- net -dot- nz

    The reason I wnat these queries is as I said, they may be added into the
    admin tools of a Java application we are building. All we have is JDBC
    to query the database.

    Thanks. When I get to work I will find the queries I have been suing and
    post those.


    Gavin

    me here Guest

  6. #6

    Default Re: Server session stats

    me here wrote:
    > Thanks. When I get to work I will find the queries I have been suing and
    > post those.
    You've been suing queries? You're worse than an American!

    --
    Ciao,
    The Obnoxious One

    "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi una testa di cazzo"
    Obnoxio The Clown Guest

  7. #7

    Default Re: Server session stats

    Obnoxio The Clown wrote:
    > me here wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Thanks. When I get to work I will find the queries I have been suing and
    >>post those.
    >
    >
    > You've been suing queries? You're worse than an American!
    >
    Didnt even notice. I am a bit dyslexic at the best of times. As an
    aside, why is dyslexic so hard to spell?? I am sure some sadist created
    that word.

    Gavin

    me here Guest

  8. #8

    Default Re: Server session stats

    me here wrote:
    >
    > Didnt even notice. I am a bit dyslexic at the best of times. As an
    > aside, why is dyslexic so hard to spell?? I am sure some sadist
    > created that word.
    If a dyslexic was also cross-eyed, would they be able to read properly?


    Andrew Hamm Guest

Similar Threads

  1. about server session
    By bhavin_kp in forum Macromedia Flex General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: June 6th, 05:00 PM
  2. server session
    By bhavin_kp in forum Macromedia Flex General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 6th, 04:39 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 28th, 09:01 PM
  4. Using SQL Server for session states
    By Jonathan Amend in forum ASP.NET General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 19th, 12:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139