Professional Web Applications Themes

server-side ASP w/ client -side component - ASP Components

Hello good folks! I need your advice on a project that i am working on. I am integrating a signature pad, a client-side web browser, and my extranet to make a system. In this system, a user can punch in numbers in the signature pad, which are then sent (thru some sort of VB component) to the current page opened by the user's web browser. After that the user presses a SUBMIT button and the numbers are sent to my web-server so I can display back some sort of message to the user. My questions are: What is the easiest ...

  1. #1

    Default server-side ASP w/ client -side component

    Hello good folks! I need your advice on a project that i am working
    on.

    I am integrating a signature pad, a client-side web browser, and my
    extranet to make a system. In this system, a user can punch in numbers
    in the signature pad, which are then sent (thru some sort of VB
    component) to the current page opened by the user's web browser. After
    that the user presses a SUBMIT button and the numbers are sent to my
    web-server so I can display back some sort of message to the user.

    My questions are: What is the easiest way to go about making the
    signature pad comunicate directly with the web-browser ? Note: The
    browser needs to evoke the component so that I can execute some
    display functions in the pad before I get any input from the pad.

    What kind of component shall I create? ActiveX DLL? ActiveX Control?
    How do I create one (never done it)?
    Are there any good sites with this information?

    The pad comes with a lot of Visual Basic functions, so I know that I
    can problably create a component of some kind that will interact with
    the server-side ASP page currently opened by the user.

    Thanks,
    Miguel
    Miguel Guerreiro Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: server-side ASP w/ client -side component

    what is this "signature pad" ?
    Does it integrate with the PC as a keyboard device? If so then you shouldn't
    have to do anything....

    Owner/Lead Designer, DF-Software
    [url]http://www.Darkfalz.com[/url]

    "Miguel Guerreiro" <mguerreirolanefurniture.com> wrote in message
    news:71b43864.0308041455.2f93dcdaposting.google.c om...
    > Hello good folks! I need your advice on a project that i am working
    > on.
    >
    > I am integrating a signature pad, a client-side web browser, and my
    > extranet to make a system. In this system, a user can punch in numbers
    > in the signature pad, which are then sent (thru some sort of VB
    > component) to the current page opened by the user's web browser. After
    > that the user presses a SUBMIT button and the numbers are sent to my
    > web-server so I can display back some sort of message to the user.
    >
    > My questions are: What is the easiest way to go about making the
    > signature pad comunicate directly with the web-browser ? Note: The
    > browser needs to evoke the component so that I can execute some
    > display functions in the pad before I get any input from the pad.
    >
    > What kind of component shall I create? ActiveX DLL? ActiveX Control?
    > How do I create one (never done it)?
    > Are there any good sites with this information?
    >
    > The pad comes with a lot of Visual Basic functions, so I know that I
    > can problably create a component of some kind that will interact with
    > the server-side ASP page currently opened by the user.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Miguel

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest