Professional Web Applications Themes

Setting Gnome preferences system wide - Debian

On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 19:31, Mark C wrote: > Hi, > > Sorry if this has already been asked before, but after some net > searching, I'm still slightly stuck on the answer. > > I'm build a Debian Gnome desktop for a small local company, and wish to > set a few things up as default in Gnome-2.2.2 for every user, this way I > can deploy the same image on every pc (as they are all the same, > hardware wise), basically set a user default customised theme, edit a > few gconf settings, like mailto to open ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Setting Gnome preferences system wide

    On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 19:31, Mark C wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Sorry if this has already been asked before, but after some net
    > searching, I'm still slightly stuck on the answer.
    >
    > I'm build a Debian Gnome desktop for a small local company, and wish to
    > set a few things up as default in Gnome-2.2.2 for every user, this way I
    > can deploy the same image on every pc (as they are all the same,
    > hardware wise), basically set a user default customised theme, edit a
    > few gconf settings, like mailto to open in evolution etc..
    >
    > This I can do no problem on a per user basis, but I would like to
    > somehow set it system wide, so everytime I create a new user, they get
    > all the defaults that I have set when they log into gnome.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Mark
    The Gnome Desktop System Administrators Guide is a very helpful tool:
    [url]http://www.gnome.org/learn/admin-guide/2.2/[/url]

    Also in general for G22:

    [url]http://www.gnome.org/start/2.2/[/url]

    Hope this helps!

    --
    greg, [email]greggregfolkert.net[/email]
    REMEMBER ED CURRY! [url]http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry[/url]

    Your cleverness ferments meat without the need of oxygen.

    Greg Folkert Guest

  3. #3

    Greg Folkert wrote:
    >On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 19:31, Mark C wrote:
    >

    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Sorry if this has already been asked before, but after some net
    >>searching, I'm still slightly stuck on the answer.
    >>
    >>I'm build a Debian Gnome desktop for a small local company, and wish to
    >>set a few things up as default in Gnome-2.2.2 for every user, this way I
    >>can deploy the same image on every pc (as they are all the same,
    >>hardware wise), basically set a user default customised theme, edit a
    >>few gconf settings, like mailto to open in evolution etc..
    >>
    >>This I can do no problem on a per user basis, but I would like to
    >>somehow set it system wide, so everytime I create a new user, they get
    >>all the defaults that I have set when they log into gnome.
    >>
    >>Cheers
    >>
    >>Mark
    >>

    >The Gnome Desktop System Administrators Guide is a very helpful tool:
    >[url]http://www.gnome.org/learn/admin-guide/2.2/[/url]
    >
    >Also in general for G22:
    >
    >[url]http://www.gnome.org/start/2.2/[/url]
    >
    >Hope this helps!

    Hey, that's really helpful. This got me thinking since I use KDE a lot
    more than GNOME. I searched on google and read lists in languages other
    than english (all hail the Google translator :) but I couldn't find an
    equivalent utility for KDE? Pray, would you happen to know such an
    administrative resource for KDE?

    Thanks,

    --
    Harshwardhan Nagaonkar