Professional Web Applications Themes

Setting index.cfm as the default doent??? Yes, it hasbeen added as a default doent in IIS. - Coldfusion Server Administration

I am having trouble getting IIS to recognize the default index.cfm doent, and I was wondering if anyone could give me some guidance. I created a new instance of ColdFusion from a WAR file in the CF administrator. I then used the web server configuration tool to connect my ColdFusion application to IIS. I then went in to the IIS manager and added index.cfm as a default doent. The problem is. If I type in the full address of my page (for example [url]http://domain.com/index.cfm[/url]) everything works fine, but if I type [url]http://domain.com[/url] the page does not come up. Is there ...

  1. #1

    Default Setting index.cfm as the default doent??? Yes, it hasbeen added as a default doent in IIS.

    I am having trouble getting IIS to recognize the default index.cfm doent,
    and I was wondering if anyone could give me some guidance. I created a new
    instance of ColdFusion from a WAR file in the CF administrator. I then used
    the web server configuration tool to connect my ColdFusion application to IIS.
    I then went in to the IIS manager and added index.cfm as a default doent.
    The problem is. If I type in the full address of my page (for example
    [url]http://domain.com/index.cfm[/url]) everything works fine, but if I type
    [url]http://domain.com[/url] the page does not come up. Is there some additional
    configuration needed to connect ColdFusion/JRun to IIS and make this work, or
    am I doing something wrong? Is this even possible? I appreciate your help,
    Thanks, Alan System Configuration ColdFusion MX 7 Enterprise Windows 2003

    Daveline Guest

  2. #2

    it should work out of the box like that as when you run the connector I'm
    pretty sure it adds index.cfm and default.cfm to the list of available files.
    It is definitely possible! Can you go into the instance using the jrun server
    port for the instance and see if it works?

    john.

    johnab Guest

  3. #3

    It works just fine through the built in web server.
    Daveline Guest

  4. #4

    Found some other symptoms. When deploying the instance from an ear/war.
    Everything works great using the built-in web server, but when I connected it
    to IIS, and then view it through IIS none of my images (jpg, gif?) show up.
    Including those that were automatically created for the CF administrator. Any
    Ideas?

    Daveline Guest

  5. #5

    It's quite likely that this suggestion won't help you at all, but here goes -
    In the Internet Services Manager, right-click on your site, go to 'Properties',
    then to the 'Home Directory' tab. Make sure that the 'Read' checkbox is
    checked. If it is unchecked, this would explain why you can't view static
    content (such as jpgs) on the page even though the ColdFusion template is being
    successfully processed. The reason why the template is being processed
    successfully is because on the same 'Home Directory' tab, the Execute
    permissions are set at least to 'Scripts Only'. Mike

    RelentlessMike Guest