[allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => a1fast_eddie [ip] => webforumsuser@m [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 1 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => 1 [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Setting up remotely - Coldfusion Database Access

Setting up remotely - Coldfusion Database Access

I have a few basic pages that on my local machine are working. index.cfm which has a register link and login form register.cfm, linked from the index.cfm that inserts into medrec.users addbiographical.cfm that updates medrec.users table these are set up in dreamweaver 8 with coldfusion developer. My datasource is medrec and datasource variable name is Request.DSN. Here is some of the code from index.cfm. The folks at register.com have setup a datasource and the info they provided is as follows: DSN: medrec_preventmd_net Database Type: Access Database Name: medrec.mdb Language: ColdFusionMX I need some direction on how to make changes to ...

Default Setting up remotely

I have a few basic pages that on my local machine are working.

index.cfm which has a register link and login form
    register.cfm, linked from the index.cfm that inserts into medrec.users
    addbiographical.cfm that updates medrec.users table

these are set up in dreamweaver 8 with coldfusion developer. My datasource is
    medrec and datasource variable name is Request.DSN. Here is some of the code
    from index.cfm.

The folks at register.com have setup a datasource and the info they provided
    is as follows:

DSN: medrec_preventmd_net
    Database Type: Access
    Database Name: medrec.mdb
    Language: ColdFusionMX

I need some direction on how to make changes to the code to connect and query
    the datasource on the remote server. And is there a way to set up future pages
    locally and test and put them remotely with minimal coding changes. Thanks in
    advance for your help, I apologize for my newbieness. As a side note I have
    watched the video tutorials from lynda.com "Learning Coldfusion" and
    "Dreamweaver 8 Dynamic Development" and find them to be quite informative but
    of course they can't address every question/problem and that is why I look to
    you.

<cfif IsDefined("FORM.email")>
    <cfset MM_redirectLoginSuccess="/user/index.cfm">
    <cfset MM_redirectLoginFailed="/loginfailed.cfm">
    <cfquery name="MM_rsUser" datasource="#Request.DSN#">
    SELECT email,password,userID FROM
    C:\CFusionMX7\wwwroot\databases\medrec.user WHERE email='#FORM.email#' AND
    password='#FORM.password#'
    </cfquery>
    <cfif MM_rsUser.RecordCount NEQ 0>
    <cftry>
    <cflock scope="Session" timeout="30" type="Exclusive">
    <cfset Session.MM_Username=FORM.email>
    <cfset Session.MM_UserAuthorization="">
    <cfset Session.MM_UserID = MM_rsUser.userID />
    </cflock>
    <cfif IsDefined("URL.accessdenied") AND true>
    <cfset MM_redirectLoginSuccess=URL.accessdenied>
    </cfif>
    <cflocation url="#MM_redirectLoginSuccess#" addtoken="no">
    <cfcatch type="Lock">
    <!--- code for handling timeout of cflock --->
    </cfcatch>
    </cftry>
    </cfif>
    <cflocation url="#MM_redirectLoginFailed#" addtoken="no">
    <cfelse>
    <cfset MM_LoginAction=CGI.SCRIPT_NAME>
    <cfif CGI.QUERY_STRING NEQ "">
    <cfset MM_LoginAction=MM_LoginAction & "?" & XMLFormat(CGI.QUERY_STRING)>
    </cfif>
    </cfif>

a1fast_eddie Guest

Default Re: Setting up remotely

See the tech note at http://www.adobe.com/go/fafabd57

Phil
    paross1 Guest

Thanks Phil,
    I have changed the datasource name and database path as suggested in the above
    tech note within my files and I reveive the following errors when :

Error Executing Database Query.
    [Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver][ODBC Socket][Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft
    Access Driver] Could not find file
    'C:\CFusionMX7\db\slserver54\logging\medrec.mdb'.

Is there a way to find this invalid path in dreamweaver and correct it or is
    it linked by the coldfusion setup of the datasource associated with the files.

a1fast_eddie Guest

Sorry, I don't use Dreamweaver so perhaps someone who does can offer a suggestion here.

Phil
    paross1 Guest

Fixed it. The problem was the query was using "medrec.user" to access the user table when it should be just "user" without the dot notation. Thanks again Phil
    a1fast_eddie Guest