Professional Web Applications Themes

Share files on network - Windows Networking

I have just installed a router between two computers. The main computer is running XP Pro and the other is running 2K pro. Both computers are able to access the internet but now I want share files between the two computers is there a quick solution to this problem that someone can help me setup the function? Thank you Tim McGovern...

  1. #1

    Default Share files on network

    I have just installed a router between two computers. The
    main computer is running XP Pro and the other is running
    2K pro. Both computers are able to access the internet
    but now I want share files between the two computers is
    there a quick solution to this problem that someone can
    help me setup the function?

    Thank you
    Tim McGovern
    tim Guest

  2. #2

    This is VERY easy.
    Right click a folder you want to share.
    Hit properties.
    Under the SHARING tab, there are a few options.
    I'll walk you through it for XP...
    Check SHARE THIS FOLDER ON THE NETWORK
    Give it a share name, for example 'Shared Media folder'
    If you want to allow users to write data to this folder,
    check 'ALLOW NETWORK USERS TO CHANGE MY FILES'
    Tada!

    If you want to share a whole drive, you can do that too,
    pretty much the same way.

    WARNING: SHARED FOLDERS ARE EXTREMELY EASY FOR INTERNET
    HACKERS TO GET INTO!!! I do not suggest sharing sensitive
    files for any more time than is necessary.
    (I share my drives, but this is because I catch hackers,
    and report their IPs)

    Chris Guest

  3. #3

    I did what you said to do and I am sharing a file, but I
    tried looking fore it on the other computer and could not
    find it?

    Thank for your help> I go got caught up doing something
    else.

    Tim McGovern

    tim Guest