I have a swf (call it 'slide') that uses elements from a shared library -- a separate swf (call it 'lib'). When I preload 'slide,' Flash of course preloads 'lib' as well, automatically. The trouble is that 'lib' contains some items on the timeline, some actionscript code, etc. I do NOT want 'lib' it to play when it gets preloaded, but it runs every time. The 'slide' swf has a stop() on frame 1 and the 'lib' swf has a stop() on frame 1.

Why does 'lib' play during preload of 'slide'? How can I stop it?

Thank you all.