Ask a Question related to PHP Development, Design and Development.
- Ronald Van Raaphorst #1
Sharing data among frames ?
I want to share data between two frames. My object should be a php script
The object should know (using a session variable) which id is currently
displayed in each frame.
This way, the object can decide if the frame should be refreshed or not,
because it knows what ID already is being displayed.
Are there any examples on how to do this? Am I looking in the wrong
direction? Is there another solution?
From the [url]www.w3.org[/url] specification on
Sharing data among frames
Authors may share data among several frames by including this data via an
OBJECT element. Authors should include the OBJECT element in the HEAD
element of a frameset document and name it with the id attribute. Any
document that is the contents of a frame in the frameset may refer to this
The following example illustrates how a script might refer to an OBJECT
element defined for an entire frameset:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Frameset//EN"
<TITLE>This is a frameset with OBJECT in the HEAD</TITLE>
<!-- This OBJECT is not rendered! -->
<OBJECT id="myobject" data="data.bar"></OBJECT>
<FRAME src="bianca.html" name="bianca">
<!-- In bianca.html -->
...the beginning of the document...
...the rest of the document...
Ronald Van Raaphorst Guest
- Hi, Anybody knows how to share data or pass a reference between applications? Thanks in advance DE
- We have a problem in that we have an outside company handle our online conference sessions so they handle the registrations. The data is of...
- I am using Infragistics UltraWebTab (a tab folder control for ASP.NET). My tab folder control will include five tab pages with a separate web form...
- Hi all, I want to share data between two frames. My object should be a php script (if possible). The object should know (using a session...
- No one knows how to help!! PCs the the