Professional Web Applications Themes

SHMMAX kernel tune change. idbuild fails. New system. Help! - SCO

Hi, I need help building the kernel with a changed SHMMAX value. The ibuild fails. I'm running UnixWare 7.1.1 W/Maint. Pack 3 installed. I just installed UW on this machine about two weeks ago; no changes have ever been made to the tuneable parms. Maybe I just need to provide a "lib" or something? Thanks in advance for any help! Ben =========================here is the problem============================= A user wanted the tuneable kernel param SHMMAX set to 587576. So I ran: # idtune SHMMAX 587576 and replied "y" when prompted. So far so good. Then I ran: # idbuild -B UX:idbuild: INFO: ...

  1. #1

    Default SHMMAX kernel tune change. idbuild fails. New system. Help!

    Hi,

    I need help building the kernel with a changed SHMMAX value. The
    ibuild fails.

    I'm running UnixWare 7.1.1 W/Maint. Pack 3 installed. I just installed
    UW on this machine about two weeks ago; no changes have ever been made
    to the tuneable parms.

    Maybe I just need to provide a "lib" or something?

    Thanks in advance for any help!
    Ben
    =========================here is the
    problem=============================

    A user wanted the tuneable kernel param SHMMAX set to 587576. So I
    ran:

    # idtune SHMMAX 587576

    and replied "y" when prompted. So far so good. Then I ran:

    # idbuild -B
    UX:idbuild: INFO:
    The unix kernel will be rebuilt now.
    This will take some time. Please wait.

    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: st01: _load function required.

    So I ran the idbuild -n (no build, check for symbol errors) and there
    are a pile of them:

    UX:idbuild: INFO: Checking kernel module configuration...
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the kernel
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the fs module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the resmgr
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the ca module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the confmgr
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module pcic uses non-conforming symbol, pcicClient
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the fpe module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the sdi module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the elf module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the i2omsg
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the i2otrans
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the coff module.
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module adsl uses non-conforming symbol,
    adsl_adapter_nluns
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module adsl uses non-conforming symbol,
    adsl_initiator_mode
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module adsl uses non-conforming symbol,
    adsl_num_quecmds
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module adsl uses non-conforming symbol,
    adsl_sg_merge
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module adsl uses non-conforming symbol,
    adsl_instr_ioperf
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module adsl uses non-conforming symbol,
    adsl_target_mode
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module adsl uses non-conforming symbol,
    adsl_scsi_speed
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module adsl uses non-conforming symbol,
    adsl_extinfo
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module adsl uses non-conforming symbol,
    adsl_ha_reinit
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module adsl uses non-conforming symbol, adsl_cntls
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module adsl uses non-conforming symbol,
    adsl_cmdque_enable
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module adsl uses non-conforming symbol,
    adsl_supress_warnings
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module adsl uses non-conforming symbol,
    adsl_adapterID
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module adsl uses non-conforming symbol,
    adsl_mem_map
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module adsl uses non-conforming symbol,
    adsl_rwbufsize
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module adsl uses non-conforming symbol,
    adsl_3pty_reset_wait
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module adsl uses non-conforming symbol,
    adsl_threshold
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module adsl uses non-conforming symbol,
    adsl_instr_enable
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module adsl uses non-conforming symbol, _adslidata
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module adsl uses non-conforming symbol,
    adsl_scsi_width
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module adsl uses non-conforming symbol,
    adsl_tg_reinit
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module adsl uses non-conforming symbol,
    adsl_instr_errlog
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module adsl uses non-conforming symbol,
    adsl_discnt_allowed
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the ide module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the ws module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the cmux module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the psm_mc146818
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the cram module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the kd module.
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module gsd uses non-conforming symbol, splunwind
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module gsd uses non-conforming symbol, prmpt_state
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module gsd uses non-conforming symbol, ipl
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module gsd uses non-conforming symbol, picipl
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the mfpd module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the intp module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the java module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the dosx module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the pstart
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the alp module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the ansi module.
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module iasy uses non-conforming symbol, iasy_toid
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module iasy uses non-conforming symbol, iasy_sv
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module iasy uses non-conforming symbol,
    strhead_iasy_hiwat
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module iasy uses non-conforming symbol, iasy_hw
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module iasy uses non-conforming symbol, asy_tty
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module iasy uses non-conforming symbol, iasy_num
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module iasy uses non-conforming symbol,
    strhead_iasy_lowat
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module iasy uses non-conforming symbol, asy_xtty
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the asyc module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the async module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the at_toolkit
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the atup module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the bfs module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the bios module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the mse module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the bmse module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the ccnv module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the cdfs module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the cgmtr module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the char module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the connld
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the cpumtr
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module cpyrt uses non-conforming symbol,
    max_copyrights
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module cpyrt uses non-conforming symbol,
    oem_copyrights
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the dcompat
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the dma module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the dosfs module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the dow module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the eisa module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the gvid module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the xque module.
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module event uses non-conforming symbol,
    evchan_dev
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module event uses non-conforming symbol,
    evchan_cnt
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the fdbuf module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the fd module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the fdfs module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the fifofs
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the gentty
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the hpci module.
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module i2opt uses non-conforming symbol,
    i2oPtMaxOpens
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module i2opt uses non-conforming symbol,
    SGLBufMaxLength
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the iaf module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the intmap
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the io module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the ipc module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the kbd module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the kdvm module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the kma module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the ldterm
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the log module.
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module lp uses non-conforming symbol, lp_select
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module lp uses non-conforming symbol,
    lp_parallel_wait
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the m320 module.
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module mc01 uses non-conforming symbol,
    mc01_job_timeout
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module mc01 uses non-conforming symbol,
    MC01_dev_cfg_size
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module mc01 uses non-conforming symbol,
    mc01_dev_spec
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module mc01 uses non-conforming symbol,
    mc01_pdi_timeout
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module mc01 uses non-conforming symbol,
    MC01_dev_cfg
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module mc01 uses non-conforming symbol,
    Mc01_cmajor
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module mc01 uses non-conforming symbol,
    mc01_long_timeout
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the mca module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the mem module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the memfs module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the mm module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the mod module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the modksym
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the mtrr module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the name module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the namefs
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the nullzero
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the osm module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the osocket
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the pci module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the pf module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the pipemod
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the postwait
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the prf module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the proc module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the processorfs
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the procfs
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the pse module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the psm_i8254
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the psm_i8259
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the psm_time
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the ramd module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the rlogin
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the rtc module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the s5 module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the sad module.
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module sc01 uses non-conforming symbol,
    SC01_dev_cfg
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module sc01 uses non-conforming symbol,
    Sc01_cmajor
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module sc01 uses non-conforming symbol,
    sc01_dev_spec
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module sc01 uses non-conforming symbol,
    Sc01_bmajor
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module sc01 uses non-conforming symbol,
    SC01_dev_cfg_size
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the sd01 module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the segdev
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the sfs module.
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module smse uses non-conforming symbol,
    smse_MSC_selected
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module smse uses non-conforming symbol,
    smse_force_msetype
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the net module.
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the sockmod
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module sp01 uses non-conforming symbol,
    Sp01_bmajor
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module sp01 uses non-conforming symbol,
    sp01_rwbuf_slot_size
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module sp01 uses non-conforming symbol,
    SP01_dev_cfg_size
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module sp01 uses non-conforming symbol,
    Sp01_cmajor
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module sp01 uses non-conforming symbol,
    SP01_dev_cfg
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Module sp01 uses non-conforming symbol,
    sp01_dev_spec
    UX:idmkunix: INFO: Configuration check succeeded for the specfs
    module.
    UX:idmkunix: ERROR: st01: _load function required.
    Ben Guest

  2. #2

    net (Ben Arnold) wrote in message news:<google.com>...

    This error would seem to indicate that the scsi tape driver is missing
    or corrupt. What do you have in /etc/conf/pack.d/st01?

    Is this a vanilla 711 + MP3 or are there other supplements on
    the system?

    John
    John Guest

  3. #3

    com (John Boland) wrote in message news:<google.com>...

    > This error would seem to indicate that the scsi tape driver is missing
    > or corrupt. What do you have in /etc/conf/pack.d/st01?
    >
    > Is this a vanilla 711 + MP3 or are there other supplements on
    > the system?
    >
    > John[/ref]

    Hi John,

    Thank you for your response. I was able to run idbuild on a different
    UnixWare machine with no problem.

    The issue seems to be with the DAT drive (st01) as you pointed out.
    That tape drive doesn't work and should even be in the machine.

    Do you know how I can effective;y "remove" the DAT drive st01 from the
    operating system? I looked in the scoadmin screens and didn't see
    anything.

    Thanks,
    Ben
    Ben Guest

  4. #4

    net (Ben Arnold) wrote in message news:<google.com>...

    > > This error would seem to indicate that the scsi tape driver is missing
    > > or corrupt. What do you have in /etc/conf/pack.d/st01?
    > >
    > > Is this a vanilla 711 + MP3 or are there other supplements on
    > > the system?[/ref][/ref]

    Ben,

    Compare the /etc/conf/pack.d/st01 or the working system
    against that of a non-working system.

    John
    John Guest