Professional Web Applications Themes

shockwave.com online games not loading - Macromedia Shockwave

Hi - I am unable to play online games on shockwave.com. I can download them and they are ok, but if I click on play online, the black screen comes up, the word "loading . . ." appears, and there is some message about clicking on the advertisement, but then continued...

  1. #1

    Default shockwave.com online games not loading

    Hi -
    I am unable to play online games on shockwave.com. I can download them and
    they are ok, but if I click on play online, the black screen comes up, the word
    advertisement, but then nothing. If I go to the adobe test page, my players
    are apparently loaded correctly. I have tried to clear the cache, but nothing.
    My guess is it has something to do with a security setting on either Windows
    or CA Security, but they seem fine - I even turned off the firewall but that
    didn't help. Privacy settings seem pretty low and it is enabled for scripts.
    Any ideas?!?
    Thanks,
    Bill

    bill.kennard Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: shockwave.com online games not loading

    HI -
    Just reposting to see if anyone can help with online games at shockwave.com
    Thanks,
    Bill
    bill.kennard Guest

  3. #3

    Set your privacy on default which is medium-low. Make sure you download your
    latest graphics drivers, Direct X 10 Java, shockwave and flash player. Make
    sure your firewall software will accept eveything.

    Tinkatoy4000 Guest

  4. #4

    yeah, that maybe will help
    post what what happens after this changes
    crazymast Guest

  5. #5

    Im hoping someone can get a fix to this, as I am having the exact same problem,
    and have been for quite some time. Shockwave and adobe flash games work on
    other websites perfectly fine (and as the original poster said, the test pages
    say everything is fine). It seems that the only website that has these errors
    is shockwave.com

    I have turned off my firewall, in my internet options' security level, I made
    all the things set to "enable", have the latest graphic drivers, direct X
    stuff, java, shockwave and flash player updates.... and still, shockwave.com is
    still not allowing games to work

    ecwcwwe Guest

  6. #6

    Downgrade QuickTime to v. 6.xx fixed my problems with latest Shockwave.
    XLNET Guest

  7. #7

    What browser do you use? Are you using an antivirus software? There might be an issue there with it's blocking mechanisms.
    Helen_BLH Guest

  8. #8

    I had this same problem (shockwave games not loading). I finally got it to
    work. While the popup window for the game was showing, I right-clicked in the
    body and clicked on "Don't Filter This Site". Then the game loaded just fine. I
    don't know what caused it to be filtered, but this worked for me.

    altdog Guest

  9. #9

    Ive had the same problem with the games running on the Shockwave.com site. I
    emailed them and did all that they said to do. Uninstalled both flash and
    Shockwave player , reinstalled it. Still no games will run, I get the same
    thing loading! I got an email form Atom saying they cant duplicate the error.
    I now know that im not the only one having this problem! Tested both players
    and it shows theyre both working fine. Is there a debugger or something that
    might figure out what the problerm is!

    billyboy3780 Guest

  10. #10

    IM using MSN Explorer and IE 7. When I right Click on the black box in IE7,
    I dont see anything saying Dont filter content! I get the setting manager and
    I cant find anything on that about content filtering! In MSN Explorer when I
    right click on black box I get an Error reproting message, and MSN Explorer
    shuts down! Im at wits ed!

    billyboy3780 Guest

  11. #11

    I use Comcast and IE 7. To get the option to stop filtering, I had to click
    just outside of the black box where the game is supposed to play. That is a
    flash area and will give you a different right-click menu. When I clicked
    outside of the black area (just outside of it), I got the option that said
    "Don't filter this site". That's the only way I have gotten it to work.

    altdog Guest

  12. #12

    I Have Verizon DSl. I tried clicking just outside the black box area and I get nothing to do with content filter. Another dead end!
    billyboy3780 Guest

  13. #13

    billyboy3780,

    My bad. I think I have that option because I have IE7Pro on my machine. It is
    a good addition that provides some shortcuts for IE7. If you're willing to try
    it, you may want to d/l it. It talks about that "Don't filter this site" option
    on these pages:

    [url]http://forum.ie7pro.com/viewtopic.php?id=1618&p=1[/url]

    [url]http://www.davescomputertips.com/newsletters/20071001.php[/url]

    If you don't like it, you can always uninstall it. The only thing that bugged
    me about IE7Pro was that it tried to change my default search engine. It was
    easy enough to get that changed back, though. After that correction, I've been
    pleased with it. And it has finally allowed me to get access to Shockwave games
    again.

    altdog Guest

  14. #14

    Is IE7 pro a micrsoft browser? I went to Miniclips.com and tried playing
    Redline Rumble the same game on Shockwave.com. It does the same thing on
    Miniclips.com! When I right click on the black screen it shows Flash player!
    Maybe the problem is with Flash player ,and not Shockwave player?

    I used to be able to play these games without any problems. Any Computer
    Nreds out there got any Ideas?

    billyboy3780 Guest

  15. #15

    IE7Pro is an add-on to IE that you d/l and install.

    [url]http://www.ie7pro.com/[/url]

    altdog Guest

  16. #16

    Thanks Altdog, I'm in the same boat as billyboy.
    SaraSummer Guest

  17. #17

    Did IE7Pro (and it's "don't filter" option) work for you, Sara?

    Ironically, I also found other sites that were being filtered. The
    washingtonpost.com comments section was inaccessible until I applied that
    "don't filter" option on it. It's just weird. Maybe IE7 updated at some point
    with certain sites being filtered. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason
    to it, though. Thankfully, I was able to finally get it going again.

    altdog Guest

  18. #18

    How was this problem worked out, did it work for you Sara?
    peppies Guest

  19. #19

    [q]Originally posted by: altdog
    Did IE7Pro (and its "don't filter this site" option) work for you, Sara?

    Ironically, I also found other sites that were being filtered. The
    washingtonpost.com comments section was inaccessible until I applied that
    "don't filter" option on it. It's just weird. Maybe IE7 updated at some point
    with certain sites being filtered. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason
    to it, though. Thankfully, I was able to finally get it going again.[/q]

    If you are on Vista, simply change and make Vista accept all the washington
    post cookies, in other words make it listed within the safe zone of your ie,
    and it should work properly.

    CHAOS'|nc. Guest

  20. #20

    I have XP.