Professional Web Applications Themes

Shockwave Flash Error on FireFox Browser - Macromedia Flash Player

Ever since I updated my FireFox browser and Shockwave/Flash media plugs I've had nothing but problems. Everytime I go to a site such as MySpace, upon loging in, or reviewing someones profile.. I recieve an error that says: "Illegal Operation in Plug-in Shockwave Flash The plug-in performed an illegal operation. You are strongly advised to restart FireFox. Don't show this message again during this session." I have tried everything I know of to fix this issue and have come up short. Anyone else having this problem? Know how to correct it? Unfourtantly, if I ignore the issue after a few ...

  1. #1

    Default Shockwave Flash Error on FireFox Browser

    Ever since I updated my FireFox browser and Shockwave/Flash media plugs I've
    had nothing but problems. Everytime I go to a site such as MySpace, upon loging
    in, or reviewing someones profile.. I recieve an error that says:

    "Illegal Operation in Plug-in

    Shockwave Flash

    The plug-in performed an illegal operation. You are strongly advised to
    restart FireFox.

    Don't show this message again during this session."

    I have tried everything I know of to fix this issue and have come up short.
    Anyone else having this problem? Know how to correct it? Unfourtantly, if I
    ignore the issue after a few more webpages, FireFox locks up and needs to be
    rebooted (the process shows FireFox still running, and it has to be manually
    shut down).

    Thanks in advance ya'll,
    ErrorProof

    ErrorProof Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Shockwave Flash Error on FireFox Browser

    I am having this same problem especially when going to myspace. I tried reinstalling both firefox and flashplayer and have not had any success.
    5tarsand5tripes Guest

  3. #3

    I've had no problems accessing MySpace websites using Firefox with Flash 7, although I would be better if I were using Flash 8. What is your operating system?
    Bushido Hacks Guest

  4. #4

    I'm using the latest Flash, Flash 8. Ever since that upgrade, error.
    ErrorProof Guest

  5. #5

    Yes, but that doesn't answer my question. What operating system are you using? Windows? Mac? Linux?
    Bushido Hacks Guest

  6. #6

    Good to see how people switching to Firefox will mean they no longer have
    any problems ;)

    Jeckyl Guest

  7. #7

    I am using windows XP and flash player 8
    5tarsand5tripes Guest

  8. #8

    Windows XP home + Flash 8 + Latest Mozilla Firefox web browser. Iexplorer - gives me no error regarding Flash.
    ErrorProof Guest

  9. #9

    I have been wrestling with this problem for many months. I've tried the Flash
    uninstaller, I've tried installing the newest Flash, I've tried
    uninstalling/reinstalling Firefox. The only way I've made the error go away is
    by installing Flash 6 but many sites now won't load because they say I need the
    most recent version of Flash.

    I run Windows XP and Firefox 1.5.0.3 and I get the same nearly every time I
    browse a site with a Flash movie. One site that is almost guaranteed to make
    the error occur is <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge
    href="http://www.gh3d.com.

    Keep">[url]http://www.gh3d.com[/url].

    Keep</a> replying to bump this issue until it is fixed. Adobe please help us!

    Raven Selden Guest

  10. #10

    > Keep</a> replying to bump this issue until it is fixed. Adobe please help
    > us!
    This is not a direct line to Adobe .. they won't respond. If you want help,
    call them. This is a forum for people who use Flash Player .. not for
    getting support. All you are doing if you keep bumping is being a pain for
    other people like yourself. Please don't !
    --
    Jeckyl

    Jeckyl Guest

  11. #11

    It seems the problem has something to do with Firefox 1.5.0.3, Flash 8.0.24,
    and ActiveX? But so far nothing seems to work other than going to an old
    version of Firefox or and old version of Flash. Firefox says if't Adobe's
    problem, and Adobe says it's Firefox's problem. So, in otherwords, it won't
    get fixed for a while.

    codyBelDXD Guest

  13. #13

    :frown; I just downloaded firefox last night and tryed to go to a site that
    used flashplayer 8 (when I used IE) but it does not even download to my
    computer. Not in my add/remove folder either. I may just go back to using IE
    if this is another problem with flashplayer.

    Joellyn H. Guest