Professional Web Applications Themes

Shockwave Linking Quicktimes on a DVD - Macromedia Director Basics

A rather specific question here: We are putting together a DVD which has both a video component (ie it runs on a normal set top DVD player) with a ROM section that has several flash projectors and an HTML website actually included on the DVD (ie it doesn't call for a link to the online version). So far most things are working on the website, such as normal HTML and Flash files, as well as the shockwave files that don't have quicktimes. However there are two fairly important sections that involve linked quicktimes that dont work. The actual interactivity works, ...

  1. #1

    Default Shockwave Linking Quicktimes on a DVD

    A rather specific question here:

    We are putting together a DVD which has both a video component (ie it runs on a normal set top DVD player) with a ROM section that has several flash projectors and an HTML website actually included on the DVD (ie it doesn't call for a link to the online version). So far most things are working on the website, such as normal HTML and Flash files, as well as the shockwave files that don't have quicktimes.

    However there are two fairly important sections that involve linked quicktimes that dont work. The actual interactivity works, as in there are things that happen when you click or rollover, however the quicktimes themselves dont show up.

    Is it possible to relink the media from the IMG file before burning onto the DVD itself? Or is there a way of making sure the links are able to work from wherever provided we do not change the directory structure? We've had similar problems burning on CD which was fixed by relinking on the CD before burning them, however I've been told that we shouldn't have had to do that in the first place. Has anyone else encountered this problem before?

    Thanks in advance,
    Danielle

    Electrikangel webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Shockwave Linking Quicktimes on a DVD

    On 17 Nov 2003, "Electrikangel" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > We are putting together a DVD which has both a video component (ie it
    > runs on a normal set top DVD player) with a ROM section that has
    > several flash projectors and an HTML website actually included on the
    > DVD (ie it doesn't call for a link to the online version). So far most
    > things are working on the website, such as normal HTML and Flash
    > files, as well as the shockwave files that don't have quicktimes.
    >
    > However there are two fairly important sections that involve linked
    > quicktimes that dont work. The actual interactivity works, as in there
    > are things that happen when you click or rollover, however the
    > quicktimes themselves dont show up.
    Have you tried putting the external assets in a folder named dswmedia and
    resaving the Dir files before converting to Shockwave? Shockwave running in
    a browser from a non web-served drive requires the use of the dswmedia
    folder. More details in the technotes.

    --
    Mark A. Boyd
    Keep-On-Learnin' :)