Professional Web Applications Themes

Shockwave Player 11 does not install properly - urgent - Macromedia Shockwave

Hi, I'm facing a bit of problem with installing Shockwave player 11. I use Win XP service pack 2 and am using both Firefox 2.0 and IE 7 browsers. When I try to install Shockwave player on either of my browsers, I find the installer setup saying that the player was installed successfully and I even get Congratulated for it. However in actual when I try to view any shockwave content on the internet I get this message : "Shockwave player is now installing" with the shockwave logo, but it never does. I wait for hours, for hopefully noticing any ...

  1. #1

    Default Shockwave Player 11 does not install properly - urgent

    Hi, I'm facing a bit of problem with installing Shockwave player 11. I use Win
    XP service pack 2 and am using both Firefox 2.0 and IE 7 browsers. When I try
    to install Shockwave player on either of my browsers, I find the installer
    setup saying that the player was installed successfully and I even get
    Congratulated for it. However in actual when I try to view any shockwave
    content on the internet I get this message : "Shockwave player is now
    installing" with the shockwave logo, but it never does. I wait for hours, for
    hopefully noticing any change in the current status of the installation
    progress, but get no good results. Also I own Adobe Director 11 and for some
    reason my .dir files are not recognized. If I type "about:plugins" in my
    firefox browser, I see the shockwave plugin already installed, and in the
    "suffixes" column I also find the .dir extension. Are these 2 factors in some
    way related?? Please help me to resolve my problem, I need to get my shockwave
    projects up and running !!
    Thanks!!:sad;

    Dhritiman Ganguly Guest

  2. #2

    I have also come across this problem, which looks like it is an issue with the
    compatibility components in Shockwave 11 that allow you to view older
    (pre-SW11) content using the Shockwave 11 plugin. Alternatively it may be an
    issue with the autoupdate service.

    Can you successfully view Shockwave 11 content, but not older content from the
    internet, or does SW11 content cause the same issue? Also, can you manage to
    right click on the Shockwave plug in and access the properties, or does the
    right click not work either?

    The compatibility components only seem to be downloaded when you encounter
    older Shockwave content, it is not part of the default SW11 install. I have
    seen this cause the "now installing" issue, especially if the browser
    configuration is locked down in any way, if the user is not an Administrator,
    of if any firewall rules prevent the update service from reaching the remote
    server.

    Could someone from Adobe advise on this?

    Junction18 Guest

  3. #3

    i am comeing!!!!
    tony0209 Guest

  4. #4

    i yao fa tie a
    tony0209 Guest

  5. #5

    What the hell?? did you find a solution?
    Touranty Guest

  6. #6

    I was having the same EXACT problem as you. Ironically I came to this site to
    get help, but in the meantime I found the solution myself. For the last
    several days whenever I tried to play a shockwave game I got the message that
    "Shockwave Player is now loading" (eventhough I had already successfully
    installed it several days earlier). The message just sits there and nothing
    else happens. By accident tonight I happened to minimize the game (and
    anything else I had open) and found a message box from my Norton Security
    telling me that Adobe was trying to access the internet, would I allow this.
    When I clicked "OK", the Adobe "installation" started to load and my game came
    up shortly afterwards. I don't know why I never noticed this permission box
    before, but I think it was because it came up "under" the game site and when I
    got disgusted and closed the game, the box always disappeared simultaneously so
    I never saw it. Hope this helps you. Your firewall or Internet Security might
    be asking for permission to proceed. You just have to look for it. By the
    way, you only have to give permission once if you click "always allow". After
    that the games just load automatically and you never get that annoying message
    again that Shockwave is loading.

    RMChamps Guest

  7. #7

    [q]Originally posted by: RMChampsI got the message that
    "Shockwave Player is now loading" (eventhough I had already successfully
    installed it several days earlier). The message just sits there and nothing
    else happens. By accident tonight I happened to minimize the game (and
    anything else I had open) and found a message box from my Norton Security
    telling me that Adobe was trying to access the internet, would I allow this.
    When I clicked "OK", the Adobe "installation" started to load and my game came
    up shortly afterwards.[/q]

    That's happened to me too, but what's even more irritating is the relationship
    between my HP printer driver and Vista. For some reason it needs to be
    "installed" upon startup about a third of the time. Why?? It's been installed
    a hundred times by now, don't know why it doesn't "stick". I'd love to hear
    any suggestions from you genius men and women out there.

    SaraSummer Guest

  8. #8

    This darn adobe shockwave player 11 will only download in a folder in my
    computer where I can only uninstall it and it will not allow me to open it up.
    I have the Windows Vista operating system on my computer. Iris Jacobs

    scruppy2003@yahoo.com Guest

  9. #9

    I'm Iris Jacobs and the adobe shockwave player 11 will only download in a
    folder in my computer where I can only uninstall it. I want to download the
    adobe shockwave player 11 on my desktop and I have the Windows Vista operating
    system.

    scruppy2003@yahoo.com Guest

  10. #10

    I have downloaded the set-up file to desktop (XP) and proceeded to run the
    installation. It quickly runs and advises that Shockwave 11 has been
    successfully installed (but it hasn't).

    If I go to install/remove directory the Shockwave icon is there a programme
    installed BUT the file size is blank (obviously not installed).

    On searching the web some one suggested to start in safe mode. Done that - no
    change.

    Freash out of ideas and where to turn.

    Help.

    MM Det Guest

  11. #11

    > If I go to install/remove directory the Shockwave icon is there a programme
    > installed BUT the file size is blank (obviously not installed).
    I disagree with your "obviously not installed" summation. My 'Add or
    Remove Programs' Control Panel window also shows 'Adobe Shockwave 11'
    with a blank under size, but nevertheless Shockwave works just fine. If
    this is all you are judging correct installation by then you perhaps
    need to revise your thinking.
    When you visit a page that embeds a Director movie, does it run properly?
    Sean Wilson Guest