Professional Web Applications Themes

Shockwave requiring havok physics scene - Macromedia Director 3D

HI all, hope you can help me. I'm building a game using 3D max for the models and the havok extra to give mass etc. I've put it all into Director and exported as a shockwave movie which is on my site at L=test]http://mmedia.glos.ac.uk/students/mu305/4DI/Andy/Andy.htm - then click 'buggy' I have found that on some computers, (sent link to mates), that it works fine and they get to see the test environment. But some others get the error message 'This application requires an Xtra (Havok Physics Scene) that either does not exist or failed to initialize properly. Please make sure the ...

  1. #1

    Default Shockwave requiring havok physics scene

    HI all, hope you can help me.

    I'm building a game using 3D max for the models and the havok extra to give
    mass etc.
    I've put it all into Director and exported as a shockwave movie which is on my
    site at
    L=test]http://mmedia.glos.ac.uk/students/mu305/4DI/Andy/Andy.htm - then
    click 'buggy'

    I have found that on some computers, (sent link to mates), that it works fine
    and they get to see the test environment. But some others get the error
    message
    'This application requires an Xtra (Havok Physics Scene) that either does not
    exist or failed to initialize properly. Please make sure the appropriate
    Xtra's are in the Xtra's folder(s).'

    What does this mean? Why are some people able to view the test and others not.

    Hope you can help, let me know if you can view the test. Thanks, Andy[

    Nocky35 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Shockwave requiring havok physics scene

    Do the users who can run it have the havok xtra installed?

    optics42 Guest

  3. #3

    No, i've sent the link to different people, most of whom i know do not have Director installed, so would not automatically have any extras installed. Can you view the example at all?
    Nocky35 Guest

  4. #4

    Runs fine, but only on the machine with havok installed...
    optics42 Guest

  5. #5

    Works fine on mine, but im experimenting with Havok too, so I've got everything installed.
    SuperFlyChris Guest

  6. #6

    Mmm, sorry about that, and the car demo on the havok oldsite runs Ok without the xtra in the machine...
    optics42 Guest

  7. #7

    cool, thanks - Am new to havok and director 3D, so all is fun at the mo!!!

    Am sure when i sent the link to mates before, they could view the file, now
    some are saying they can not.
    I am going to try uploading a new file later, to see if it will work. I don't
    want people to have to install another Xtra just to run this game.
    The game is for a uni project, where i will have a 'buggy' racing around a
    virtual uni campus collecting things in the best time poss.. I've not done
    this before, so need to learn a lot to get it done by April! (as well as my
    other work).

    Cheers, Andy

    Nocky35 Guest

  8. #8

    I know how you feel mate, I am in the same position. I have been trying to
    learn havok etc and its for my uni project, which is a 3d learning tool
    constructing a pc. Its also got to be in for April and have loads of other
    courseworks to do.

    Rastermaster Guest

  9. #9

    Lol, yer, this is just part of one module. Thinks bad idea taking this on, but
    when it works, it'll look good, and hopefully get me some marks!

    I've emailed my tutor who give me some things to try. One is to put the havok
    xtra in the same folder as the shockwave file, so have done that. Can someone
    who didn't see it working please try it again and let me know it it works now.

    Think could be an security issue with downloading extra things with windows
    etc... (all good things to put in the write-up!!)

    Nocky35 Guest

  10. #10

    Excellent...playing OK now..;o))
    optics42 Guest

  11. #11

    Yey!!! Think that was it, added the havok.xtra into the same folder as the
    shockwave file. Am also going to check the 'download xtra if needed' when
    publish next test file.
    Thanks for testing it guys, am bound to be back up here over next few weeks.
    Got to figure out why the buggy is in the floor (prob no collision), and got to
    add collision to the cameras.
    Good luck with all your projects
    Andy

    Nocky35 Guest

  12. #12

    Hi Nocky35,

    You need to go to Modify->Movies->Xtras, select Havok, and click the
    "Download if required" option.

    Now, if the users download Shockwave, and Havok hasn't downloaded yet (
    it's not part of the minimal install ), then it will install automatically.

    BTW are you on a games course, or a 3D modelling course?

    Regards...
    Mal
    > HI all, hope you can help me.
    >
    > I'm building a game using 3D max for the models and the havok extra to give
    > mass etc.
    > I've put it all into Director and exported as a shockwave movie which is on my
    > site at
    > L=test]http://mmedia.glos.ac.uk/students/mu305/4DI/Andy/Andy.htm - then
    > click 'buggy'
    >
    > I have found that on some computers, (sent link to mates), that it works fine
    > and they get to see the test environment. But some others get the error
    > message
    > 'This application requires an Xtra (Havok Physics Scene) that either does not
    > exist or failed to initialize properly. Please make sure the appropriate
    > Xtra's are in the Xtra's folder(s).'
    >
    > What does this mean? Why are some people able to view the test and others not.
    >

    > Hope you can help, let me know if you can view the test. Thanks, Andy[

    Mal Guest

  13. #13

    Thanks, will also do that for my scene.
    I'm currently in my final year of a multimedia degree at uni of glos.
    This game is one small part of what i'm doing this year, also done a 2d game
    (called serve, from link sent earlier), virtual tour of the uni (also on link),
    + dissertation project, + 2 other modules. As well as trying to find a decent
    job in the end of this!
    Sure you all know how i feel!!! lol

    Nocky35 Guest