Professional Web Applications Themes

Shockwave3D Game - Macromedia Director 3D

Hi, everyone. I just finished my first Shockwave3D game and uploaded it to Kongregate.com at http://www.kongregate.com/games/gigaplay/microbop. Any feedback or bug reports would be appreciated. Thanks!...

  1. #1

    Default Shockwave3D Game

    Hi, everyone. I just finished my first Shockwave3D game and uploaded it to
    Kongregate.com at http://www.kongregate.com/games/gigaplay/microbop. Any
    feedback or bug reports would be appreciated. Thanks!

    MartyPlumbo Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Shockwave3D Game

    Nice game, moving on the surface works really nice. The whole menu is well done.

    I have a littel quistion about the "antialias" button, it can be switched from
    "alias" to "antialias" but i have the feeling it does not work? Can you tell
    how it should work?

    Had not the time to test for very long, but i will come back to test it again.
    By the way, the grafical style is very cool.

    hondo3000 Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks, Hondo3000!

    The alias-antialias featre doesn't work on all computers. And, given its signficant added processing demands, I'm not sure I should have even put it in there at all.
    MartyPlumbo Guest

  4. #4

    [q]Originally posted by: MartyPlumbo
    http://www.kongregate.com/games/gigaplay/microbop [/q]
    Well done Marty!

    [q]Originally posted by: MartyPlumbo
    The alias-antialias featre doesn't work on all computers. And, given its
    signficant added processing demands, I'm not sure I should have even put it in
    there at all. [/q]
    Indeed.
    But leave it there and just wait for Director 11. Never knows ...

    cheers

    necromanthus Guest

  5. #5

    Hi MartyPlumbo :)

    Very nice idea, I love being able to traverse both sides of the disc with
    the hoover rather than just dropping off, a nice surprise.

    Need to mention I was playing the antibiotic tutorial screen, hit 'm' to
    return to menu and I got a shockwave player error.

    Could you have a cool suction slurp sound effect when you guzzle bacteria?

    I'll play more later.

    Thanks for posting!

    Richard Smith

    Richard Guest

  6. #6

    Necro: Thanks for the compliment! Yes, Director 11 sure does sound exciting,
    doesn't it. I just hope there are still a few of us still around when it
    finally gets here. ;-)

    Richard: Thanks for your kind words s well! I just realized I left a
    MUIDialog call in there, which bombs SW. Drat! I'll fix that. In the
    meantime, feel free to get the (MUI-friendly) stand-alone version at
    www.gigaplay.com/microbop.

    MartyPlumbo Guest

  7. #7

    hi,

    Very nice game :D, i like the graphic style and on my office PC (PIII 600 MHz
    512 SDRAM GFX5200) it works just fine.

    But i think there are some problems with the antialias-switch ( it changes
    from alias to antialias but nothing changes in the graphic), And i can't turn
    off the sound, I clicked and clicked on the "sound:on " button and nothing
    happens, unlike the alias button , it dosen't switch from on to off.

    else all looks fine to me :), good work!

    Daniel.

    danieloizo Guest

  8. #8

    Thanks, Danieloizo! I never wired the sound button, so it shouldn't work. The anti-aliasing feature is best to always leave off anyway.
    MartyPlumbo Guest

  9. #9

    Cool game, but a little slow paced I think. Are there any speed powerups? Are
    you using the SDS modifier on say the bean level model? The reason I ask is
    that the texture is noticeably jagged, this could possibly be fixed by setting
    the scene.model(x).sds.tension=100

    _eyesonly Guest

  10. #10

    Thanks, Eyesonly! The pacing is a bit lame, admittedly. I had to make a lot
    of gameplay concessions to the lack of performance I was able to get out of SW.
    Ultimately, what I ended up with is more of an experiment than a full-fledged
    game, for me at least. The models are all basic primitives warped all to heck
    with modifiers in Max to get a Nurbs-y look without lots of polys. Textures
    were almost an afterthought - maybe 10 minutes work each, using projection maps
    or tiling in most cases. I think there's only one UVW Map level in there.
    Thanks for the tip!

    MartyPlumbo Guest