Professional Web Applications Themes

shopping cart - ASP

Hi i would like to know. In CD-rom , it's possible to make a shopping cart I'm working on a site that requiers a shopping cart (just to calculate the total sum of the chosen products not to order them) .. Have u got some tuto who explain them bye...

  1. #1

    Default shopping cart

    Hi

    i would like to know. In CD-rom , it's possible to make a shopping cart
    I'm working on a site that requiers a shopping cart (just to calculate
    the total sum of the chosen products not to order them)
    ..

    Have u got some tuto who explain them

    bye
    bolo Guest

  2. #2

    Hi,

    I'm trying to work out the postage rate for products in a shopping cart.
    Predictably there is no formula for working out the postage rate (ie. 0.20 *
    weight). The problem i'm having is with the statement for working this out

    There are different 'bands' for the weight (i.e. between 150g and 200g the
    price is 0.50). What's the best way to write a statement for this ? I have
    tried different ways of writing an If statement but they all end up in
    chaos.

    John

    John Smith Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: shopping cart

    Use a database table. Assuming SQL Server:

    CREATE TABLE postageRates
    (
    weightlowerbound INT,
    weightupperbound INT,
    rate DECIMAL(19,2)
    )

    INSERT postageRates VALUES(0, 149, 0.25)
    INSERT postageRates VALUES(150, 200, 0.50)
    INSERT postageRates VALUES(201, 500, 0.85)
    -- ...

    DECLARE weight INT
    SET weight = 172
    SELECT rate FROM postageRates
    WHERE weight
    BETWEEN weightlowerbound AND weightupperbound

    DROP TABLE postageRates

    You could also do this within an array in ASP...

    "John Smith" <johnnospam.spam> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to work out the postage rate for products in a shopping cart.
    > Predictably there is no formula for working out the postage rate (ie. 0.20
    *
    > weight). The problem i'm having is with the statement for working this out
    >
    > There are different 'bands' for the weight (i.e. between 150g and 200g the
    > price is 0.50). What's the best way to write a statement for this ? I have
    > tried different ways of writing an If statement but they all end up in
    > chaos.
    >
    > John

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP Guest

  4. #4

    works great, thanks !

    "Aaron Bertrand - MVP" <aaronTRASHaspfaq.com> wrote in message
    > Use a database table. Assuming SQL Server:
    >

    > CREATE TABLE postageRates
    > (
    > weightlowerbound INT,
    > weightupperbound INT,
    > rate DECIMAL(19,2)
    > )
    >
    > INSERT postageRates VALUES(0, 149, 0.25)
    > INSERT postageRates VALUES(150, 200, 0.50)
    > INSERT postageRates VALUES(201, 500, 0.85)
    > -- ...
    >
    > DECLARE weight INT
    > SET weight = 172
    > SELECT rate FROM postageRates
    > WHERE weight
    > BETWEEN weightlowerbound AND weightupperbound
    >
    > DROP TABLE postageRates
    >

    > You could also do this within an array in ASP...
    >

    > "John Smith" <johnnospam.spam> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I'm trying to work out the postage rate for products in a shopping cart.
    > > Predictably there is no formula for working out the postage rate (ie.
    0.20
    > *
    > > weight). The problem i'm having is with the statement for working this
    out

    > > There are different 'bands' for the weight (i.e. between 150g and 200g
    the
    > > price is 0.50). What's the best way to write a statement for this ? I
    have
    > > tried different ways of writing an If statement but they all end up in
    > > chaos.
    > >
    > > John

    John Smith Guest

  5. #5

    You can try CartWeaver - I have heard many positive things about it and if I had not needed to write a custom one myself I probably would have selected that.

    --Megan Richmond
    mrichmond webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    Have a look at [url]http://www.yourvirtualstore.net[/url]
    An out of the box solution, can be customised using DWMX and adapted to
    your needs. Content management system included and heaps of functionality..
    Use as is, or integrate with your own design. The website gives you the full
    details on the package. Free demo available for download (without the
    CMS)..

    Nadia

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :: Ecommerce & Content Management System::
    [url]http://www.yourvirtualstore.net/yvsa4.asp[/url]
    Enter "nadia" into coupon box if buying
    and receive a 15% discount !
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [url]http://www.perrelink.com.au[/url]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Page Design Templates:
    [url]http://www.webdevbiz.com/templates[/url]

    "edd1eg" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    | Hi there, i am building a website for a computer company and they are
    wanting to have a shopping cart on their website with everthing being secure
    as the user will be able to pay with credit cards etc. i have tried building
    one myself, but its a bit too advanced for me just now, so i think the more
    sensible way to do this is paying for one that can meet all the clients
    needs, also it would be better if you could fully customize it yourself. If
    anyone could help me out here, that would be very much apprecited

    | thanks
    |
    | edd

    Nadia *TWBM* Guest

  7. #7

    take a look at Charon cart [url]http://www.charon.co.uk/[/url]

    bruce Lawson
    www. DMXzone.com
    The largest independent Dreamweaver community

    "Nadia *TWBM*" <forumswollongong-city.com> wrote in message
    > Have a look at [url]http://www.yourvirtualstore.net[/url]
    > An out of the box solution, can be customised using DWMX and adapted to
    > your needs. Content management system included and heaps of
    functionality..
    > Use as is, or integrate with your own design. The website gives you the
    full
    > details on the package. Free demo available for download (without the
    > CMS)..
    >
    > Nadia
    >
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > :: Ecommerce & Content Management System::
    > [url]http://www.yourvirtualstore.net/yvsa4.asp[/url]
    > Enter "nadia" into coupon box if buying
    > and receive a 15% discount !
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > [url]http://www.perrelink.com.au[/url]
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > Page Design Templates:
    > [url]http://www.webdevbiz.com/templates[/url]
    >

    > "edd1eg" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > | Hi there, i am building a website for a computer company and they are
    > wanting to have a shopping cart on their website with everthing being
    secure
    > as the user will be able to pay with credit cards etc. i have tried
    building
    > one myself, but its a bit too advanced for me just now, so i think the
    more
    > sensible way to do this is paying for one that can meet all the clients
    > needs, also it would be better if you could fully customize it yourself.
    If
    > anyone could help me out here, that would be very much apprecited
    > |

    > | thanks
    > |
    > | edd

    Bruce Lawson Guest

  8. #8

    WA eCart is a commercially available Dreamweaver extension that is
    your ticket to hassle-free shopping cart creation. You'll have all of
    the features you've ever dreamed of, free reign to customize them, all
    in one intuitive, ultra-easy package. WA eCart also has built-in
    support for PayPal, WorldPay, or any custom checkout solution of your
    choice. Check it out at
    [url]http://www.webassist.com/Products/ProductDetails.asp?PID=19[/url]

    Thanks,

    --Hieu

    "Bruce Lawson" <brucedynamiczones.com> wrote in message news:<bf1b74$c52$1forums.macromedia.com>...
    > take a look at Charon cart [url]http://www.charon.co.uk/[/url]
    >
    > bruce Lawson
    > www. DMXzone.com
    > The largest independent Dreamweaver community
    >
    > "Nadia *TWBM*" <forumswollongong-city.com> wrote in message
    > > Have a look at [url]http://www.yourvirtualstore.net[/url]
    > > An out of the box solution, can be customised using DWMX and adapted to
    > > your needs. Content management system included and heaps of
    > functionality..
    > > Use as is, or integrate with your own design. The website gives you the
    > full
    > > details on the package. Free demo available for download (without the
    > > CMS)..
    > >
    > > Nadia
    > >
    > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > > :: Ecommerce & Content Management System::
    > > [url]http://www.yourvirtualstore.net/yvsa4.asp[/url]
    > > Enter "nadia" into coupon box if buying
    > > and receive a 15% discount !
    > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > > [url]http://www.perrelink.com.au[/url]
    > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > > Page Design Templates:
    > > [url]http://www.webdevbiz.com/templates[/url]
    > >

    > > "edd1eg" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > > | Hi there, i am building a website for a computer company and they are
    > > wanting to have a shopping cart on their website with everthing being
    > secure
    > > as the user will be able to pay with credit cards etc. i have tried
    > building
    > > one myself, but its a bit too advanced for me just now, so i think the
    > more
    > > sensible way to do this is paying for one that can meet all the clients
    > > needs, also it would be better if you could fully customize it yourself.
    > If
    > > anyone could help me out here, that would be very much apprecited
    > > |

    > > | thanks
    > > |
    > > | edd

    Hieu Guest

  9. #9

    Hi there, my client now wants to sell there products online, i know there a lots of shopping carts out there that you can buy, but i would rather try to build one myself, i have never done anything like this before, should i buy one of these or should i try and build one myself?, are there any really good tutorials out there that can help my achieve this?.

    thanks

    edd

    edd1eg webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  10. #10

    Depends on what version of DW you are running. If you are on DMX then I
    would look at either the charoncart ([url]www.charon.co.uk[/url]) or UltraCartII
    ([url]www.thechocolatestore.com/ultradev[/url]). Both of these use ASP. For coldfusion
    look at cartweaver ([url]www.cartweaver.com[/url])

    However if you have DW4 or earlier the program does not have the native
    ability to handle the database interactions and you will need to upgrade, or
    purcahse a complete application such as Storefront ([url]www.storefront.net[/url])

    --
    Regards

    Paul Whitham
    Valleybiz Internet Design
    [url]www.valleybiz.net[/url]

    Team Macromedia Volunteer for Ultradev/Dreamweaver MX
    [url]www.macromedia.com/support/forums/team_macromedia[/url]
    > Hi there, my client now wants to sell there products online, i know there
    a lots of shopping carts out there that you can buy, but i would rather try
    to build one myself, i have never done anything like this before, should i
    buy one of these or should i try and build one myself?, are there any really
    good tutorials out there that can help my achieve this?.

    > thanks
    >
    > edd

    Paul Whitham TMM Guest

  11. #11

    There is also a good list of available cart apps for DWMX listed at

    [url]http://www.dwfaq.com/Resources/e-Commerce/default.asp[/url]

    Just about every server platform is represented.
    --
    Lawrence Cramer [ Member - Team Macromedia]
    [url]www.lcwd.com[/url] | [email]lawrencelcwd.com[/email]

    Cartweaver - ColdFusion Cart for DreamweaverMX
    [url]www.cartweaver.com[/url] | [url]news://support.dwfaq.com/cartweaver[/url]

    "Paul Whitham TMM" <paulvalleybiz.net> wrote in message
    > Depends on what version of DW you are running. If you are on DMX then I
    > would look at either the charoncart ([url]www.charon.co.uk[/url]) or UltraCartII
    > ([url]www.thechocolatestore.com/ultradev[/url]). Both of these use ASP. For
    coldfusion
    > look at cartweaver ([url]www.cartweaver.com[/url])
    >
    > However if you have DW4 or earlier the program does not have the native
    > ability to handle the database interactions and you will need to upgrade,
    or
    > purcahse a complete application such as Storefront ([url]www.storefront.net[/url])
    >
    > --
    > Regards
    >
    > Paul Whitham
    > Valleybiz Internet Design
    > [url]www.valleybiz.net[/url]
    >
    > Team Macromedia Volunteer for Ultradev/Dreamweaver MX
    > [url]www.macromedia.com/support/forums/team_macromedia[/url]
    > "edd1eg" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi there, my client now wants to sell there products online, i know
    there
    > a lots of shopping carts out there that you can buy, but i would rather
    try
    > to build one myself, i have never done anything like this before, should i
    > buy one of these or should i try and build one myself?, are there any
    really
    > good tutorials out there that can help my achieve this?.
    > >
    > > thanks
    > >
    > > edd

    Lawrence [TMM] Guest

  12. #12

    > I need a shopping cart that is both free and easy to use, with no limited
    > functions.
    Good luck!

    This may help...
    [url]http://www.aspfaq.com/2225[/url]

    Randy Rahbar Guest

  13. #13

    there is a dreamweaver mx plugin for a shopping cart system, no admin (i
    think) but its solid.

    mark

    "Paulo Almeida" <sadpnetvisao.pt> wrote in message
    news:newscache$ujigjh$kp1$1newsfront4.netvisao.pt ...
    > I need a shopping cart that is both free and easy to use, with no limited
    > functions.
    >
    > I tried comersus, wich is great but adding products takes too long and
    also
    > has several functions that are not available.
    >
    > In resume what i need is something easy to menage, and also very flexible
    > enough.
    >
    > Thank´s in advance
    >
    > Paulo Almeida

    mark | r Guest

  14. #14

    "mark | r" wrote:

    > ...yet there are hundreds of PHP ones that are free and fully
    > functional... whos conning who here!
    My hyperbole proximity alarm just went off.

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson Guest

  15. #15

    > >also

    > >> This is certainly not a flame, and I too often look for freebie stuff
    > >> first, but let's face it. The reason software costs is because the
    > >> take time to create - especially good software. If you need a shopping
    > >> cart, then I assume you are selling things, so the cost of a shopping
    > >> cart system should not really be a big concern to you. They are not
    > >> really THAT expensive.
    > >>
    > >> Alternatively, read the books and take the time to develop one of your
    > >> own. Then have it tested under all possible situations. Make sure the
    > >> features are what people want - even when they say they dont want it,
    > >> and make sure you include features that are not necessary, but people
    > >> say they want. Last, include decent help and provide a place where
    > >> they can download it. THEN see if the idea of charging a few dollars
    > >> for the effort makes sense.
    > >
    > >...yet there are hundreds of PHP ones that are free and fully
    functional...
    > >whos conning who here!
    > >
    > As stated, this was not meant as a flame, but to state that it does
    > make sense to charge a fee for one's efforts. Im guessing that since
    > the OP posted this in ASP.general group, he was interested in "easy to
    > manage" and "very flexible" from the context of normal ASP code. As
    > such, hundreds of PHP "ones" would not help a bunch. Of course if he
    > was as knowlegable as you in the intricacies of PHP and is willing to
    > sift through the "doentation" on how to get it set up, perhaps he
    > would be willing to use it.
    >
    > My comments stand. Very often, if a product is easy and flexible, it
    > has taken a great deal of time to produce, and the author is
    > reasonable to charge a fair price for it. Note the term reasonable.
    it just astounds me that access and iis (and pws) are widely available and
    come as standard in many PC's and because its so widely available there
    arent more opensource applications available to match those created in PHP
    which is a complete ballache to setup.

    mark

    mark | r Guest

  16. #16

    Does anybody know of a free ASP shopping cart or some free ASP code to help
    someone get a shopping cart started. Or does anybody have any experience
    using a ASP shopping cart that is inexpensive and works good.

    I need to create a shopping cart in ASP and any useful info or tips would be
    helpful.

    Thanks.

    Erik Roessing
    Pacific Design Studios
    [url]www.pacificdesignstudios.com[/url]
    Do you have a project for us?

    Erik Guest

  17. #17

    [url]www.aspfaq.com[/url]
    [url]www.aspin.com[/url]

    Owner/Lead Designer, DF-Software
    [url]http://www.Darkfalz.com[/url]

    "Erik" <ERoessingpacificdesignstudios.com> wrote in message
    > Does anybody know of a free ASP shopping cart or some free ASP code to
    help
    > someone get a shopping cart started. Or does anybody have any experience
    > using a ASP shopping cart that is inexpensive and works good.
    >
    > I need to create a shopping cart in ASP and any useful info or tips would
    be
    > helpful.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Erik Roessing
    > Pacific Design Studios
    > [url]www.pacificdesignstudios.com[/url]
    > Do you have a project for us?

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

  18. #18

    I generally think of a shopping cart as a fancy name for a session
    array. And here is a some good resource that includes how to use
    session arrays:

    Session Object - 11/15/2000
    [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/iisref/vbob12d0.htm[/url]

    And here are some more shopping cart resources:

    Shopping Cart Sample
    [url]http://www.asp101.com/samples/viewasp.asp?file=shopping%2Easp[/url]

    Welcome to the fake volleyball store
    [url]http://www.aspfaq.com/cart[/url]

    Best regards,
    [url]http://www.Bullschmidt.com[/url]

    Bullschmidt Guest

  19. #19

    hi all,

    i have a "list products" page , each product in a separate row, each row
    starting with a tick box. the idea is, if the user wants to buy or add that
    product to their shopping cart, they check the box, then at the bottom of
    the page hit a "add to cart" button.

    i was hoping you could all provide me with a direction and some ideas on how
    i could accomplish this.

    thanks

    PP

    Psybar Phreak Guest

  20. #20

    "Psybar Phreak" <psybar_phreak> wrote in message
    news:3f8beb6c$0$24674$afc38c87news.optusnet.com.a u...
    > hi all,
    >
    > i have a "list products" page , each product in a separate row, each row
    > starting with a tick box. the idea is, if the user wants to buy or add
    that
    > product to their shopping cart, they check the box, then at the bottom of
    > the page hit a "add to cart" button.
    >
    > i was hoping you could all provide me with a direction and some ideas on
    how
    > i could accomplish this.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > PP