Professional Web Applications Themes

should I advise my client to purchase contribute? - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

I'm a longtime user of GoLive and now, primarily, Dreamweaver. I'm about to start building a site for a small business that wants to do minor content editing in-house--the person doing it has little technical expertise but is generally comfortable on a computer. Sounds like a good candidate for Contribute? I haven't worked with Contribute before, and my only concern is how a CSS-based layout will appear in Contribute. I often notice odd visual effects in the layout view of dreamweaver with my CSS-based layouts, but I'm used to it and generally ignore it (I often work in code view ...

  1. #1

    Default should I advise my client to purchase contribute?

    I'm a longtime user of GoLive and now, primarily, Dreamweaver. I'm about to
    start building a site for a small business that wants to do minor content
    editing in-house--the person doing it has little technical expertise but is
    generally comfortable on a computer.

    Sounds like a good candidate for Contribute? I haven't worked with Contribute
    before, and my only concern is how a CSS-based layout will appear in
    Contribute. I often notice odd visual effects in the layout view of dreamweaver
    with my CSS-based layouts, but I'm used to it and generally ignore it (I often
    work in code view anyway).

    But I'm afraid it may make things difficult for my client if what they see
    when they view a page in contribute is much different that what the browser
    renders. So how does Contribute do with displaying CSS layouts?

    Thanks.

    Headwaters Guest

  2. #2

    It is my experience that Contribute does not properly display CSS
    layouts.Especially if you float divs. If you think a layout looks odd in
    Dreamweaver it will look a hundred times worse in Contribute. My co-worker
    ignores it while making updates.

    xfilergg Guest

  3. #3

    Contribute renders CSS worse than IE6. It is possible to get it to display
    semi-correctly if you really know how to work CSS standards to your benefit. I
    agree with the previous poster - if it looks nearly find in Dreamweaver, it
    will look horrible in Contribute.

    glockops Guest

  4. #4

    Does anyone have any suggestions other than Contribute for content editing?
    Dobies Guest