Professional Web Applications Themes

Show/Hide Layer not working in nested layers - Dreamweaver AppDev

I have created a page showing floor plans for multiple homes. There are four different homes, each of which has three different floorplan views. A separate layer on the page contains a list of text links which, onClick, display a layer containing 2-3 other layers. The first nested layer is a series of thumbnails with captions which, when clicked, performs show/hide layer behavior to display a full-size image of the thumb. The full-size images are stored in separate layers within the home plan layer. The thumbnail show/hide behaviors work fine. My problem is that the change of floorplan show/hide behavior ...

  1. #1

    Default Show/Hide Layer not working in nested layers

    I have created a page showing floor plans for multiple homes. There are four
    different homes, each of which has three different floorplan views. A separate
    layer on the page contains a list of text links which, onClick, display a layer
    containing 2-3 other layers. The first nested layer is a series of thumbnails
    with captions which, when clicked, performs show/hide layer behavior to display
    a full-size image of the thumb. The full-size images are stored in separate
    layers within the home plan layer.

    The thumbnail show/hide behaviors work fine. My problem is that the change of
    floorplan show/hide behavior that fails. The generated code looks OK, but the
    only show/hide behavior executed for floor plan change happens to be the last
    one I defined in DW. So, even though the Brianna plan is showing, no matter
    which plan I click after that I get the Janelle plan and it won't switch back.
    The Janelle show/hide behaviors were the last ones defined in DW. I can change
    this if I re-define the behaviors of one of the other plans, that will be the
    only show/hide series executed and all subsequent clicks fail. What's going
    on? I've done this successfully in the past, though certainly not with this
    many images or so many nested layers. Any suggestions? If I swap the images
    in and out of the same layer, I lose the behavior I've set on the thumbs, right?

    I'm using DWMX and the page in question can be found at
    [url]http://66.34.212.180/CMFloorPlans.htm[/url].

    LisaS77 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Show/Hide Layer not working in nested layers

    This topic can be closed. Turns out I had assigned the show/hide behavior (the
    last one I defined) to the layer itself by accident. Assigning the behavior
    correctly turned out to be a tricky procedure since it took me several tries of
    selecting the text to actually set the behavior to the text I selected (somehow
    DW messes this up and selects the layer instead more than half the time no
    matter how careful I am).

    LisaS77 Guest