Professional Web Applications Themes

show/hide layers - HTML & CSS

I've got two layers. The first layer is always visible. The second layer is only visible when you click on the first layer. How do I hide the second layer when the first layer is clicked on a second time? In other words I want to show and hide layer 2 by clicking repeatedly on layer 1. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks, mickey...

  1. #1

    Default show/hide layers

    I've got two layers. The first layer is always visible. The second layer
    is only visible when you click on the first layer.

    How do I hide the second layer when the first layer is clicked on a second
    time?

    In other words I want to show and hide layer 2 by clicking repeatedly on
    layer 1.

    Thanks,
    mickey

    mickey Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: show/hide layers

    That was it. Thank you!!!

    mickey

    "djinn" <sinclairscobiesYerKitAff.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > You could check out Marja's toggle layer extension - I beleive that'll do
    it
    > for you...............
    >
    > [url]http://www.flevooware.nl/dreamweaver/[/url]
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Cheers
    > Sinclair
    > "mickey" <newslistsmicnap.com> wrote in message
    > > I've got two layers. The first layer is always visible. The second
    layer
    > > is only visible when you click on the first layer.
    > >
    > > How do I hide the second layer when the first layer is clicked on a
    second
    > > time?
    > >
    > > In other words I want to show and hide layer 2 by clicking repeatedly on
    > > layer 1.
    > >
    > > Can someone point me in the right direction?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > mickey

    mickey Guest

  3. #3

    I have a large standalone Flash MX project with layers for pictures,
    buttons, drawings etc... There is also a layer with text. Now I want to
    add a second language to the project. Can I add a new layer and show/hide
    it with actions script to choose the right language? Or is there another
    way to fix this?

    thx,
    Diederik

    Diederik Guest

  4. #4

    On Fri, 28 May 2004 22:39:01 GMT, in alt.macromedia.flash Diederik
    <Diederik.DD*SPAMTRAP*pandora.be> wrote:
    >| I have a large standalone Flash MX project with layers for pictures,
    >| buttons, drawings etc... There is also a layer with text. Now I want to
    >| add a second language to the project. Can I add a new layer and show/hide
    >| it with actions script to choose the right language? Or is there another
    >| way to fix this?
    >|
    >| thx,
    >| Diederik
    I would use an external file (text or xml) to hold the text and then
    read in the appropriate files. This would allow more flexibility with
    your movies especially if you decided to add more languages later.

    Have a look under loadVariables and XML in the help section of flash.
    [email]jnorthyourpantsbigpond.net.au[/email] : Remove your pants to reply
    Jeff North Guest

  5. #5

    Jeff North wrote:
    > On Fri, 28 May 2004 22:39:01 GMT, in alt.macromedia.flash Diederik
    > <Diederik.DD*SPAMTRAP*pandora.be> wrote:
    >

    >>| I have a large standalone Flash MX project with layers for pictures,
    >>| buttons, drawings etc... There is also a layer with text. Now I want to
    >>| add a second language to the project. Can I add a new layer and show/hide
    >>| it with actions script to choose the right language? Or is there another
    >>| way to fix this?
    >>|
    >>| thx,
    >>| Diederik
    >

    > I would use an external file (text or xml) to hold the text and then
    > read in the appropriate files. This would allow more flexibility with
    > your movies especially if you decided to add more languages later.
    >
    > Have a look under loadVariables and XML in the help section of flash.
    > [email]jnorthyourpantsbigpond.net.au[/email] : Remove your pants to reply
    It's a CD-ROM project and I'd like to include everything in the swf file
    for copyright reasons. Thanks anyway.

    --
    Diederik

    Diederik Guest

  6. #6

    On Sat, 29 May 2004 11:14:34 GMT, in alt.macromedia.flash Diederik
    <Diederik.DD*SPAMTRAP*pandora.be> wrote:
    >| Jeff North wrote:

    >| > I would use an external file (text or xml) to hold the text and then
    >| > read in the appropriate files. This would allow more flexibility with
    >| > your movies especially if you decided to add more languages later.
    >| >
    >| > Have a look under loadVariables and XML in the help section of flash.
    >|
    >| It's a CD-ROM project and I'd like to include everything in the swf file
    >| for copyright reasons. Thanks anyway.
    Use a 2 dimensional array. The first indice would be the language then
    second would be the text.

  7. #7

    Jeff North wrote:
    > On Sat, 29 May 2004 11:14:34 GMT, in alt.macromedia.flash Diederik
    > <Diederik.DD*SPAMTRAP*pandora.be> wrote:

    >>| It's a CD-ROM project and I'd like to include everything in the swf file
    >>| for copyright reasons. Thanks anyway.
    >

    > Use a 2 dimensional array. The first indice would be the language then
    > second would be the text.

    > [email]jnorthyourpantsbigpond.net.au[/email] : Remove your pants to reply
    Nice spamtrap.

    Right now I'm converting the textfield to a movieclip with two labels and
    add this to the first frame:

    gotoAndStop(_root.lang);
    stop();

    lang is the language and I can add as many languages as I want.

    Is this what you ment?
    I didn't start to change the whole project yet, just testing the best way
    to solve this.

    --
    Diederik

    Diederik Guest