Professional Web Applications Themes

Silverfast crashes PSE2 - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

I am using Windows XP Home Edition with 1.6 mHrz P4 Intel, 512 meg RAM and 100 gig HD, USB2 connection to Epson 3200 scanner and Photoshop Elements 2. When running SiverFast if I select "Reopen after scan" in SF options I can scan my first photo but when completing the scanning of the second photo Photoshop will return a message "Adobe Photoshop Elements has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I am also offered a button to click to send an error report, but I don't know to whom. After I click ...

  1. #1

    Default Silverfast crashes PSE2

    I am using Windows XP Home Edition with 1.6 mHrz P4 Intel, 512 meg RAM and
    100 gig HD, USB2 connection to Epson 3200 scanner and Photoshop Elements 2. When running SiverFast if I select "Reopen after scan" in SF options I can scan my first photo but
    when completing the scanning of the second photo Photoshop will return a
    message "Adobe Photoshop Elements has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I am also offered a button to click to send an error report, but I don't know to whom. After I click the button Photoshop closes and I have lost my scans. I have no problem
    scanning single photos and aculating dozens of photos on the Photoshop
    desktop as long as I manually reopen FS after every scan. I have updated
    the FS version several times and this bug has always appeared thru all the
    SE versions that I have downloaded. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled PE2 after my most recent update of SF. I e-mailed SF about this and they said they have had no complaints like this one and suggest I check with Abobe. I would appreciate suggestions for
    making it go away. I am in the process of scanning several thousand photos
    into an archive and having to reopen FS after every scan will become a
    significant delay.
    Thanks,
    Mike White
    Mike F White Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Silverfast crashes PSE2

    Send it back if you bought it. I had the same problem with the 2450 on PS 6 and W2K. It not only closed, it blue screened the computer! The SilverFast people threw up their hands in ignorance over the matter. I don't have much faith in their programmers.

    The 3200 has a great editing software on it's own, far better than the 2450, and that one was OK.
    Lawrence Hudetz Guest

  4. #4

    Sorry, but the bug pretty much has to be in the SilverFast code. (and they get lots of complaints like this!)
    Chris Cox Guest