Professional Web Applications Themes

Simple cropping question - Macromedia Fireworks

Hi everyone: Just a simple cropping question (or at least I'm betting that it's simple). I have a large picture that I want to crop. However, I just want to crop some particular sections of the picture out. ei: wording at the bottom, etc. Selecting the part I want to keep and using crop doesn't work because of the layout of this particular picture. I want to be able to select the small part I don't want and delete it out of the picture. How do I do that? Thanks!...

  1. #1

    Default Simple cropping question

    Hi everyone:

    Just a simple cropping question (or at least I'm betting that it's simple). I have a large picture that I want to crop. However, I just want to crop some particular sections of the picture out. ei: wording at the bottom, etc. Selecting the part I want to keep and using crop doesn't work because of the layout of this particular picture. I want to be able to select the small part I don't want and delete it out of the picture. How do I do that? Thanks!

    Econ Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Simple cropping question

    If it is that small an area, perhaps cropping is not the answer. Try using
    the Rubber Stamp to replace the problem area with pixels from another part
    of the image.

    HTH

    --

    -

    "Econ Dev" <com> wrote in message
    simple). I have a large picture that I want to crop. However, I just want
    to crop some particular sections of the picture out. ei: wording at the
    bottom, etc. Selecting the part I want to keep and using crop doesn't work
    because of the layout of this particular picture. I want to be able to
    select the small part I don't want and delete it out of the picture. How do
    I do that? Thanks!

    Jim Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks for the reply. I fixed the problem. However, now I have run into another problem. I have an image that is boxed in by a white box and want to just get the image, not the surrounding box, if that makes any sense. I placed the image on the server so you could see what I mean:

    http://www.onslowedc.com/aardvark.html

    I tried using the lasso tool in FW, but it doesn't get all of the little edges, etc..there is always a little bit of white left somewhere. How would you do this?

    Econ Guest

  4. #4

    Better yet, can it be easily done in Freehand?

    Econ Guest

  5. #5

    HI again:

    You could probably do a TRACE in Freehand. but if you wish to stick with FW,
    here are two methods:

    Use the Magic Wand too to select the white area and delete it. Make sure
    your canvas colour is the color you want to display on the web page. Set the
    wand EDGE to hard before you selct the area.

    OR

    Use the PEN tool to draw a path (trace by hand, essentially). This gives you
    the benefit of being able to edit/scale the area. You would need to delete
    the old image.

    HTH

    --

    -