Professional Web Applications Themes

Simple way to broadcast live stream from my web site? - Adobe Flash, Flex & Director

Greetings all, I am totally new to the FCS environment. I'd like to know is there a fast, simple way to get my camcorder live video output onto my home page? In otherwords cna someone tell me the simplified version of how to get FCS to deliver my video feed to my web page. Also, can this all be done client side or do I need to upoad anything to my web server to get FCS to work? Thanks! Urn...

  1. #1

    Default Simple way to broadcast live stream from my web site?

    Greetings all,

    I am totally new to the FCS environment. I'd like to know is there a fast,
    simple way to get my camcorder live video output onto my home page?
    In otherwords cna someone tell me the simplified version of how to get FCS to
    deliver my video feed to my web page. Also, can this all be done client side or
    do I need to upoad anything to my web server to get FCS to work?

    Thanks!
    Urn

    EchoOne Guest

  2. #2

    Hi. It's pretty simple. What you'll need to do is develop a video application
    with FCS. Best thing to do is download the trial development server. It can be
    installed on a PC. I have mine running on my 2ghz P4 Windows XP laptop. FCS
    comes with tons of examples and great doentation. It also comes with
    prebuilt components. One of which is a video component. If you study the docs
    and use the components you can have live video streaming from your website
    within a day (provided that you have decent ActionScript abilities). The
    components are pretty quick and easy -- but only for limited applications. If
    you want to do anything serious you'll want to invest in learning more and
    developing from scratch. Good book to read is Robert Reinhardt's 'Building
    Rich Internet Applications'. This book is also repleat with examples. Now, to
    get it working on the web, obviously your development server isn't going to
    suffice for this. Your dev server is only for local testing and development. To
    publish to the web you'll need a FlashCom hosting account. You can get a cheap
    one from Media Temple or Influxis for maybe $20/month. No way simpler than
    that. Hope that helps.

    LA Flash Guy Guest

  3. #3

    Jack
    I am also very confused about FCS. I am working on a Mac, so I guess I can't
    do a trial dev.
    Is there any place on the Macromedia web site where there is a clear and
    simple tutorial for using FCS to stream video onto my site??
    Thanks
    Dan

    Dan Small Guest