I want to simplify the following code. First I am reading in 6 values that
do not change.

Then I have 8 shifting values which are to be read in up to ten times. The
value of $inx02 tells me how many times to read in these 8 values. Each time
I read in the group of 8 values I need to increase $fx by 1 and read in the
group again until $fx is equal to $inx02. The actual database has 14 fields.
The first six values are repeated for every group of eight.

What I need is some help in simplyfying the rest of this code so I can add 1
to $fx and lopp until my requirement is met. Do I have to connect to the
database once for each entry of 14 fields or is there a way of storing
values and connecting once to write everything. The maximum total of entries
this can write in is 140. (ie 14
times the value of $inx02).

This is the code so far...

<?php

$inx01=$_POST['fardvagonf'];
$inx02=$_POST['vtcntf'];
$inx03=$_POST['bestallf'];
$inx04=$_POST['teleaf'];
$inx05=$_POST['teleaf'];
$inx06=$_POST['bestallmlf'];

$fx = 1;
$iny01=$_POST["fardvag$fx"];
$iny02=$_POST["fornamn$fx"];
$iny03=$_POST["efternamn$fx"];
$iny04=$_POST["postnum$fx"];
$iny05=$_POST["ort$fx"];
$iny06=$_POST["land$fx"];
$iny07=$_POST["ml$fx"];
$iny08=$_POST["genoms$fx"];

mysql_connect("localhost", "myusername", "mypassword") or
die(mysql_error());
mysql_select_db("my_database") or die(mysql_error());
mysql_query("INSERT INTO `animals` VALUES ('$inx01', '$inx02', '$inx03',
'$inx04', '$inx05', '$inx06', '$iny01', '$iny02', '$iny03', '$iny04',
'$iny05', '$iny06', '$iny07', '$iny08', )");
Header("Location: http://www.mydomain.com/");

?>

The output to the database could be something like

a, b, c, d, e, f, z, x, y, w, v, u, t, s
a, b, c, d, e, f, o, z, g, h, i, m, v, w
a, b, c, d, e, f, h, i, m, v, w, u, t, s
a, b, c, d, e, f, z, x, y, w, v, u, t, s

ie four entries with the first six fields in each entry identical.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Garry Jones
Sweden