Professional Web Applications Themes

Single Page or Facing Page Spread.... which is The Best - Adobe Indesign Macintosh

Hello, Need some help, I have book around 100 pages for Spiral binding and after printing client need that file as single page for further use. Now... I have to create file single page or facing page? If I do single page then backside page number problem....I have to create 2 master pages 1 for right and 1 for left.... and if I do facing page, pages are in spread and I have to do saperate manual by draging pages. Is there any best way to do single page...? TIA Regards....

  1. #1

    Default Single Page or Facing Page Spread.... which is The Best

    iac@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Work in spreads so you can see what a left and right look like together. If you set it up properly, if you insert a page anywhere in the doc, your lefts and rights will flip correctly so that you always have L, R, L, R, etc.

    You can print or export to PDF as singles so that shouldn't be a problem. In fact, unless you select "spreads" as an option, your file will print or export as single pages.
    Richard_Sohanchyk@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    iac: what Richard said along with the fact that it's easier to allow for the spiral binding using facing pages - you can set up inside guides that allow for the space taken by the spine.

    What's 'backside page number problem'?
    DavidT Guest

  4. #4

    What's 'backside page number problem'?

    Page numbers positioned towards outside edge would be one.

    Al
    AlFerrari Guest

  5. #5

    thanks for your detailed reply....

    If I choose facing page and is there any command to do saperate the pages or manually I have to do...?

    In facing pages.... bleed does not come in inside page.

    or can anyone make 2 or 3 empty or dummy text pages template with master page so I can see... mail me at [email]iacdoha[/email]

    TIA

    ..
    iac@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    How can backside numbering be an issue if the page number is in the same exact location? Only thing I can think of is if the job doesn't back up correctly or is out of alignment as often happens on a copier.
    Richard_Sohanchyk@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Like Al suggested in #3 Dave, if the folios were centered then 1 master would do it, but if they are not then you need a left and right master, somehow.

    iac:

    I think the way you have been doing it is the best way.

    To start with facing pages, and manually drag the pages apart, leaving the facing-page doent setup.

    I might point out that you do no need tot drag every spread apart, only the ones that would show the wrong color in the bleed area on the binding edge. So if the background was white on both pages you could leave it in a spread, or if the background was 1 continous image or color that crosses over the binding edge, you could leave that together.

    It would only be when a graphic element come up to the binding edge and stops, that you want to drag the pages apart, and add your bleed there.

    If I understand Davids suggestion in #2, he means to include the inner bleed in the doent size itself, will work but you need to split apart any crossovers, and you need to give a heads-up to whoever prints it to make sure they turn off inner bleed, since it is part of the doent.
    John_Slate@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Thans for detailed reply.

    THANKS