Professional Web Applications Themes

Site Check - Macromedia Dreamweaver

http://207.176.137.246/design1.asp Please critique..... but go easy on me!!! This is my hobby, not my profession. I work on a PC and the site looks like it should in IE 6 and Netscape 6. I don't care about anything below IE 5 or NS6. Don't have access to a Mac, so if someone could tell me of any problems there, I'd appreciate it. Thanks, mickey...

  1. #1

    Default Site Check

    http://207.176.137.246/design1.asp

    Please critique..... but go easy on me!!! This is my hobby, not my
    profession.

    I work on a PC and the site looks like it should in IE 6 and Netscape 6. I
    don't care about anything below IE 5 or NS6.
    Don't have access to a Mac, so if someone could tell me of any problems
    there, I'd appreciate it.

    Thanks,
    mickey

    mickey Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Site Check

    Looks and works great in Mac IE5, and your copy is excellent except the
    following:

    About MICNAP

    MICNAP Music was opened in September, 1998 by Michelle Williamson to provide
    quality band instrument repair in the local area. It has grown to the regular
    servicing of horns for local band directors and their students along with
    out-of-state customers, music stores, and manufacturers.

    About MICNAP
    MICNAP Music opened for business in September, 1998, Its founder and owner.
    Michelle Williamson, strives to provide quality and timely band instrument
    repair at a reasonable cost. The business has grown to include servicing the
    horns of local band directors and their students, along with those of
    out-of-state customers, music stores, and manufacturers.

    Just a suggestion.
    Mick

    mick_white Guest

  3. #3

    hey ppl,

    wel this is my first ever site so NO BAGGING! lol. i just want to no if it works on every1s comp, it takes a while to load the 1st time but other than thats al thats wrong with it on my comp,
    thanx

    goblot Guest

  4. #4

    That is so much better. THANK YOU! I guess that's why I repair band
    instruments - so I don't have to be able to write like that!

    mickey

    "mick_white" <com> wrote in message
    provide
    regular
    owner.
    the [/ref]

    >[/ref]

    mickey Guest

  5. #5

    ok skippy the bush kangaroo
    1) splash screen
    a) change your image (middle splash screen.jpeg) from jpeg to gif (few seconds saved)
    b) do not link to the image, but link to the image from the background section - in the properties tab (18 seconds saved)
    c) enter button, is that a layer? i cannot see in the code
    total saved 21 seconds

    2) index page (load time 242 seconds)
    Do you really need an all powering image loaded dropdown menu.
    i tried the your site with the standard insert - form objects - jump menu for general info and competitions this dropped the time down 46 seconds
    eg: Home - (drop menu-gen info) - (drop menu . competition) - calander pics...
    the back ground splash image can be made small and faster.
    time save 196 seconds
    total saved 217 seconds - try different fonts colours and sizes and you will find that people will be amazed with the subtleness of your site.
    stevo also a bush kangaroo

    lostaussie Guest

  6. #6

    No bagging? Do you want an honest opinion about your site or not?

    "goblot" <com> wrote in message
    works on every1s comp, it takes a while to load the 1st time but other than
    thats al thats wrong with it on my comp,

    middletree Guest

  7. #7

    No problem.
    Micky

    mickey wrote:

    > provide
    > regular
    > owner.
    > the [/ref]
    > >[/ref][/ref]

    mick_white Guest

  8. #8

    I changed the layout which included a fixed top frameset.

    Now I have a horizontal scrollbar at the bottom of long pages and I cannot
    figure out how to get rid of it. When the scrollbar is moved, obviously that
    frame moves too. This was not my intention as it misaligns the topFrame and
    the contentFrame.

    I've even go so far as to change the doctype with no success.

    Thanks in advance to the scholar that figures this one out.

    Dave Guest

  9. #9

    On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 17:23:30 -0700, "Dave" <com>
    wrote:

    I know you don't want to hear this, but you will never achieve the
    alignment you want across frame boundaries an any consistent, cross
    browser way. You'd be much better off with a non-framed design.

    I would tell you that your "no right click" script prevented me from
    looking at anything but, as you can see, it's clearly useless and an
    insult to a user who uses any of the several other functions on the
    context menu, like opening a page in a new window, or bookmarking.

    As it is, in IE, you get a horizontal scroll bar. I'm not sure why,
    but it could be some combination of the incorrect doctype and the menu
    in a table, which means layer in a table which is a bad thing.

    The doctypes are incorrect now. Here's what you're using in the
    individual framed pages:

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd">

    The only place you use the frameset doctype is in the actual frameset
    itself. In the individual framed pages, you should use a normal page
    doctype corresponding to the HTML version you want. If you want the
    pages rendered in standards compliance mode, use:

    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

    Gary
    Gary Guest