Professional Web Applications Themes

site check - Adobe Flash, Flex & Director

Looks good on IE 6.0. I agree with an earlier comment that the Header line is too close to the top of the page and "the future is now" is hardly readable. Also, in my opinion, the expression "the future is now" is perhaps just a wee bit corny. Best of luck! DK...

  1. #21

    Default Site check

    Looks good on IE 6.0.

    I agree with an earlier comment that the Header line is too close to the top
    of the page and "the future is now" is hardly readable. Also, in my
    opinion, the expression "the future is now" is perhaps just a wee bit corny.

    Best of luck!

    DK

    Dennis Kirby Guest

  2. #22

    Looks good.

    I agree with an earlier comment that the Header line is too close to the top
    of the page and "the future is now" is hardly readable and perhaps just a
    wee bit overused.

    Best of luck!

    DK

    Dennis Kirby Guest

  3. #23

    Default Re: Site Check

    If you convert what you have to frames, you can easily eliminate that
    scroll-bar that appears.

    Your index file can be a frame. Embed a header, body, and footer within.
    Hide the bars. Disable the scroll bar. It's more 'good housekeeping' but
    will affect how the site lands in the browser.

    "weisbach" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Here is my first flash site, any constructive criticism is welcome.
    >
    > Also, I have been trying to load the text content into dynamic text fields
    but I can't get it to work, It works fine when I test it on my pc, but when
    I test on a server it does not display at all or some portion of the text
    file will be missing. One other thing, I've tried using the scrollbar
    component but I'm having serious issues with it, when I attach it to a
    dynamic text field when I test it the content disappears, any ideas???

    > [url]http://www.geocities.com/jorgemedrano75/cea[/url]

    Ultra Virus Guest

  4. #24

    I would like to get comments on my personal Portfolio
    ([url]http://www.mentegrafica.it/daniele[/url]).

    Sorry if is not yet completed to the latest Projects and it's mostly in
    Italian...

    I will do my bets soon.

    Thanks to every body!

    --
    daniele galiffa
    multimedia designer & developer

    daniele Guest

  5. #25

    I would have to say that the site appears sp and utilitarian such as one would expect from an engineer (such as myself!) rather than a degreed designer. It is like a welcome mat in front of a steel commerical door on a metal building. There may be incredible things on the other side of that door, but there is little hint of that, and no more reason to open that door than any other. I would suggest something to draw the visitor in, and excite their interest in exploring further. After a visitor does click on a project thumbnail, again I suggest more than a plain text box. Fulfill the visitor's expectations and quickly showcase all of your achievements on that project.

    Anyway, that's what I would suggest but everyone has their own style. Good luck

    Pete Hughes webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #26

    This is just the outline; a template, if you will. Mainly, I'm curious how
    these black borders look in browsers other than what I am using (IE 5 and 6)

    [url]http://www.buds-salads.com/test2.htm[/url]

    thanks

    middletree Guest

  7. #27

    In message <bfvkv2$nie$1forums.macromedia.com>, middletree
    <middletreehotmail.com> writes
    >This is just the outline; a template, if you will. Mainly, I'm curious how
    >these black borders look in browsers other than what I am using (IE 5 and 6)
    No black border in NS 4.7 and no white box either. Links jump across the
    page as the browser window width is increased. Space between links

    NS6 - no space between links and the 'about us' link is slightly out of
    line.

    Personally I liked it better without the black borders - but that's just
    my opinion:-)

    Jill
    --
    [email]jillbellsbarn.demon.co.uk[/email]
    [url]http://www.bellsbarn.demon.co.uk[/url]

  8. #28

    what browser/os are you using?

    "Tim Litwiller" <timlitwiller.net> wrote in message
    > middletree wrote:
    > > This is just the outline; a template, if you will. Mainly, I'm curious
    how
    > > these black borders look in browsers other than what I am using (IE 5
    and 6)

    > > [url]http://www.buds-salads.com/test2.htm[/url]
    > >
    > > thanks
    > >

    > top and bottom are thicker than the sides
    >
    > --
    > Tim Litwiller
    > [url]http://www.mxcommunity.org[/url]

    middletree Guest

  9. #29

    middletree wrote:
    > what browser/os are you using?
    I see the same thing in Opera 7.11 and Mozilla 1.4 on my Winxp pro system.
    In those two browsers, the black border is thinner on the sides than on the
    top and bottom. In IE 6 it is of equal width all around. I really don't
    think it is a problem. In fact, to my taste the visual effect is much
    nicer in Opera and Mozilla.
    --
    trx
    trx Guest

  10. #30

    I am using IE 6 and Mozilla 1.1 on XP Pro system and don't see any borders
    at all.

    --
    There are no stupid questions; only stupid answers...

    "middletree" <middletreehotmail.com> wrote in message
    > This is just the outline; a template, if you will. Mainly, I'm curious how
    > these black borders look in browsers other than what I am using (IE 5 and
    6)

    > [url]http://www.buds-salads.com/test2.htm[/url]
    >
    > thanks

    ctrl + alt + delete Guest

  11. #31

    [url]www.billraydrums.com[/url]

    Be brutal

    BR

    Bill Ray Guest

  12. #32

    Yeah that friggin' stupid tracker wacked it.......Otherwise it validated
    BEFORE I put the tracker on.

    BR

    "Russ" <russnospam.wittmannwebweaving.com> wrote in message
    > it doesn't validate although you display the logo
    > see here:
    > [url]http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billraydrums.com%2F[/url]
    >

    > "Bill Ray" <billbillraydrums.com_BLAH> wrote in message
    > > [url]www.billraydrums.com[/url]
    > >
    > > Be brutal
    > >
    > > BR

    Bill Ray Guest

  13. #33

    > Be brutal

    Okay!

    1) About > Contakt

    Contakt? ContaCt would be better.

    2) Same page: try to easen up the space between the text leading and the
    photo (or any other photo on the website for that matter). More space
    equals better readability.

    3) What's too little with the text/photo space thing, you've overdone
    with the shadows. Personally, I would try a more subtle shadow with less
    feathering and smaller radius (or in Fireworks tongue: Softness).

    4) ? There is no 4. :-)

    I like the Green style. The Animagic Layers do a fine job with the
    setting for the site. (Schhh Coen, don't tell 'em int's Animagic, I
    programmed it myself!).

    That "Brutal" enough for yah?

    Coen

    --
    Good luck!

    Coen Naninck
    _______________________________

    Please do not E-mail me with questions about Fireworks issues. Post them
    on the Forum instead. All the time I have left to spend in this Forum
    can't be contributed to also answering questions outside the Forum. It
    just takes too much time and it doesn't help the rest of the world.

    Thank you.

    E-mail & MSN: [email]ccnkhome.nl[/email]
    Corporate: [url]http://www.wetworks.nl[/url]

    Coen Naninck Guest

  14. #34

    I posted this over the weekend, but I know that there are some who are only
    here on weekdays, so I'll ask you all to give any input you want. The test
    page for the new look of this site is [url]http://www.buds-salads.com/test2.htm[/url]

    Please note that the original site, still up at [url]www.buds-salads.com[/url], is
    horrendous, and has nothing to do with me. I am giving the site an overhaul.

    Also, please note that the target audience for this site is businesses, such
    as restaurants, which will buy produce. Because of that, I am not going to
    go out of my way to make sure it looks good in Safari, Opera, or browsers
    that only web designers use. However, there is a good chance that older
    browsers, such as Netscape 4, will be used. I seriously doubt that
    accessibility will be an issue, but I could be wrong.

    Also note that I am stuck with logo, which has pretty bright colors, so I
    was tasked with having it work with those colors, yet not look cartoonish.

    Having said that, I will take any input I can get.

    T.I.A.

    middletree Guest

  15. #35

    middletree wrote:
    > I posted this over the weekend, but I know that there are some who
    > are only here on weekdays, so I'll ask you all to give any input you
    > want. The test page for the new look of this site is
    > [url]http://www.buds-salads.com/test2.htm[/url]

    Looks ok no real problems

    > Please note that the original site, still up at [url]www.buds-salads.com[/url],
    > is horrendous, and has nothing to do with me. I am giving the site an
    > overhaul.
    >
    > Also, please note that the target audience for this site is
    > businesses, such as restaurants, which will buy produce. Because of
    > that, I am not going to go out of my way to make sure it looks good
    > in Safari, Opera, or browsers that only web designers use. However,
    > there is a good chance that older browsers, such as Netscape 4, will
    > be used. I seriously doubt that accessibility will be an issue, but
    > I could be wrong.

    Accessibility is a legal requirement in some countries and will become more
    so. I would advise to start dealing with it now when you only have one page
    or so rather than leave it for a few weeks and have lots of pages to change!

    PeterL.

    Petes Page
    [url]http://leach01.co.uk[/url]

    Jordanstown Revisited
    [url]http://jord.org.uk[/url]

    PeterL Guest

  17. #37

    middletree wrote:
    > Forgive the recurring post, but I didn't see the first two attempts on this.
    > Third time's a charm, I hope.
    Outlook Express does that sometimes. I have no idea why. But one of them
    did come through on my newsreader, and I posted a response. I'll repeat it
    here since OE apparently won't pick it up for you.

    There are gaps between your menu items in IE 6 that are not there in
    current versions of Mozilla/Netscape. There is also a gap between your
    menu and content that is likewise absent in Mozilla/Netscape. The IE gaps
    between the menu items are, I believe, caused by the white space between
    the break tag and the closing <a> tag for each item. This is a bug in IE.

    The gap between your menu and content is I think caused by the discrepancy
    between the width of your table and the width of your logo graphic. Your
    shim gif total is also off not just because it does not equal the width of
    that graphic, but also because it doesn't take into account the padding in
    each of those cells. I think, however, if you set the table width to equal
    the logo width, you could delete that whole table row and all of the shim
    gifs in it.

    Neither of these things is a big deal in how the page displays now, but
    things like this might give you trouble later on.

    --
    trx

    trx Guest

  18. #38

    The site looks much better! (Very Clean)
    > I seriously doubt that accessibility will be an issue, but I could be
    wrong.

    Making your site accessible helps more than just people with disabilities.
    Using alt attributes for most of your images will help if your images break
    or if someone has their images turned off. (Currently, if your images break
    or do not load, there is no way to use your navigation. Products, Food
    Safety, etc. do not show up.)

    Will the people order food from Bud's Salads have poor eyesight? If so, you
    may want to consider using relative (em, %, etc.) measurements for your font
    size vs. absolute (px, pt, etc.)

    Just some things to think about.

    "middletree" <middletreehtomail.com> wrote in message
    > Forgive the recurring post, but I didn't see the first two attempts on
    this.
    > Third time's a charm, I hope.
    >
    > I posted this over the weekend, but I know that there are some who are
    only
    > here on weekdays, so I'll ask you all to give any input you want. The test
    > page for the new look of this site is [url]http://www.buds-salads.com/test2.htm[/url]
    >
    > Please note that the original site, still up at [url]www.buds-salads.com[/url], is
    > horrendous, and has nothing to do with me. I am giving the site an
    overhaul.

    > Also, please note that the target audience for this site is businesses,
    such
    > as restaurants, which will buy produce. Because of that, I am not going to
    > go out of my way to make sure it looks good in Safari, Opera, or browsers
    > that only web designers use. However, there is a good chance that older
    > browsers, such as Netscape 4, will be used. I seriously doubt that
    > accessibility will be an issue, but I could be wrong.
    >
    > Also note that I am stuck with logo, which has pretty bright colors, so I
    > was tasked with having it work with those colors, yet not look cartoonish.
    >
    > Having said that, I will take any input I can get.
    >
    > T.I.A.

    robot88888888 Guest

  19. #39

    Just curious how you did those light ray effects?
    TIA

    Silvia Guest

  20. #40

    LOL!

    Silvia Guest

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast