Professional Web Applications Themes

site check - Adobe Flash, Flex & Director

Well, I guess it's a taste thing, but I will pass on all your suggestions, althought I am thankful for the input. I hate, hate, hate, times new roman; think it looks horrible, and the image on left is blurred because I like it that way. Not sure what you meant by add more leadign to copy. But I do appreciate your taking the time. Mainly, I guess I was looking for trouble spots, things that I didn't see that were broken in other browsers, etc. "steveg0110" <sgsteveguberman.com> wrote in message news:bg3ng3$or8$1forums.macromedia.com... > Huge improvement over original site but a ...

  1. #41

    Default Re: Re:site check

    Well, I guess it's a taste thing, but I will pass on all your suggestions,
    althought I am thankful for the input. I hate, hate, hate, times new roman;
    think it looks horrible, and the image on left is blurred because I like it
    that way. Not sure what you meant by add more leadign to copy.

    But I do appreciate your taking the time.

    Mainly, I guess I was looking for trouble spots, things that I didn't see
    that were broken in other browsers, etc.

    "steveg0110" <sgsteveguberman.com> wrote in message
    > Huge improvement over original site but a few things...
    >
    > add more leadign to copy and use a serif font like times new roman
    >
    > replace the lower left image with a more inticing image of the food (less
    blurred and more vivd colors)

    > not much to it yet, post when there is some content to dig through
    >
    > good luck!

    middletree Guest

  2. #42

    Default Re:site check

    leading is the space in between each line of type, the tighter the lines are, the harder they are to read, as well as when you use a sans serif font (verdana, helvetica, arial, etc.) as opposed to a serif font (times new roman, palatino, bookman, century, etc.) it is easier for people to read. A nice serif font that is a standard on all machines is Georgia, might want to try it.

    There are no broken links, since there are no active links that I saw.

    I guess everything showed up, I am on Win NT IE 5.5 on a T1 Lan and there were no problems.

    steveg0110 Guest

  3. #43

    You'll never believe it if I told you.

    It's a piece of crown moulding (yes, wood) and I stretched it out and
    contorted it in many different ways.

    BR

    "Silvia" <silviapumhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Just curious how you did those light ray effects?
    > TIA

    Bill Ray Guest

  4. #44

    "Bill Ray" <billbillraydrums.com_BLAH> wrote in message
    > You'll never believe it if I told you.
    >
    > It's a piece of crown moulding (yes, wood) and I stretched it out and
    > contorted it in many different ways.
    >
    > BR
    That's certainly one way of doing it. lol!

    Silvia Guest

  5. #45

    "Bill Ray" tippselte ...
    > [url]www.billraydrums.com[/url]
    >
    > Be brutal
    outsch, that can be dangerous *g*

    Well, Billy, ...

    (1) you might put all the CSS definitions into an external file

    (2) the cursor doesn't show a hand onMouseOver the navigation buttons Music,
    Lessons & About, so your visitors don't see that they can click on those
    buttons. (IE 6, winXP)

    (3) you might add small margins round the titles within the part with the
    dark background

    (4) why are there lots of free green space at the end of your pages?

    (5) the labels of your navigation buttons are not centered vertical

    (6) I hate "Next page" links when there's no description what's on the next
    page ;-)

    HTH

    Jolantha

    --
    Jolantha Belik - jbel's design: [url]www.jbels-design.com[/url]
    TMM volunteer [Contribute]: [url]www.macromedia.com/go/team/[/url]
    Author: Macromedia Contribute (in German): [url]www.webstep.at[/url]

    Jolantha Belik - TMM Guest

  6. #46

    > (3) you might add small margins round the titles within the part with the
    > dark background
    I meant there should be a few space between the titles and the border of the
    dark background ...

    Jolantha

    Author: Macromedia Contribute (in German): [url]www.webstep.at[/url]

    Jolantha Belik - TMM Guest

  7. #47

    I agree, the lower left photo is not appealing. How about a clearer photo,
    in close-up? You know, a close-up of a nice ripe tomato with drops of
    glistening dew.

    When it loaded, I didn't think this page has any links on it at all. That
    orange box of text just "read" to me as a slogan or something, and I ignored
    it. I discovered they were links because nothing else seemed to be either,
    and I finally moused over one of them. Considering this is a site to the
    trade I think your links should be more obvious.

    Add some margins to your body copy. Why is it positioned verically as it is
    is? Its location seems arbitrary.

    You've done a great jopb of pulling your site colors out of the logo. It's
    almost too tasteful.

    -- James M. Shook
    [url]http://www.jshook.com[/url]

    James M. Shook Guest

  8. #48

    You've given some great suggestions, and I appreciate it. I will consider
    them all, especially the links.

    I have been surprised at the negative comments from several people
    (including emails I have received) about the lower-left photo. I spent a lot
    of time blurring it up just right, and everyone says it's too blurry. Oh
    well.

    However, I am not sure I understand your 2nd-to-last paragraph. Can you tell
    me what you mean?

    "James M. Shook" <james_shookcomcast.net> wrote in message
    > I agree, the lower left photo is not appealing. How about a clearer photo,
    > in close-up? You know, a close-up of a nice ripe tomato with drops of
    > glistening dew.
    >
    > When it loaded, I didn't think this page has any links on it at all. That
    > orange box of text just "read" to me as a slogan or something, and I
    ignored
    > it. I discovered they were links because nothing else seemed to be either,
    > and I finally moused over one of them. Considering this is a site to the
    > trade I think your links should be more obvious.
    >
    > Add some margins to your body copy. Why is it positioned verically as it
    is
    > is? Its location seems arbitrary.
    >
    > You've done a great jopb of pulling your site colors out of the logo. It's
    > almost too tasteful.
    >
    > -- James M. Shook
    > [url]http://www.jshook.com[/url]

    middletree Guest

  9. #49

    In article <bg5t6u$daq$1forums.macromedia.com> , "middletree"
    <middletreehtomail.com> wrote:
    > However, I am not sure I understand your 2nd-to-last paragraph. Can you tell
    > me what you mean?
    You have some place-holder text that sort of sits in its area. It's not
    centered vertically, it's doesn't start at the top of the text area, it just
    starts somewhere a bit down from the top of the text area. This location
    doesn't tie into anything else in the page, so it seems arbitrary to me for
    it to begin where it does.

    -- James M. Shook
    [url]http://www.jshook.com[/url]

    James M. Shook Guest

  10. #50

    Oh, gotcha. Yeah, I dont' know why I did that.

    > In article <bg5t6u$daq$1forums.macromedia.com> , "middletree"
    > <middletreehtomail.com> wrote:
    >
    > > However, I am not sure I understand your 2nd-to-last paragraph. Can you
    tell
    > > me what you mean?
    >
    > You have some place-holder text that sort of sits in its area. It's not
    > centered vertically, it's doesn't start at the top of the text area, it
    just
    > starts somewhere a bit down from the top of the text area. This location
    > doesn't tie into anything else in the page, so it seems arbitrary to me
    for
    > it to begin where it does.
    >
    > -- James M. Shook
    > [url]http://www.jshook.com[/url]

    middletree Guest

  11. #51

    Default Site Check

    Just a test site that i was working on..... it seems to work on some Pc's but not others... any ideas on why that could be?

    heres the link

    [url]http://www.angelfire.com/un/kristianhouse/[/url]

    Ignore or close the pop ups... just there till i get this problem sorted and get a proper hosting place...

    Thanks!

    HouseMusic webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  12. #52

    NOT working

    [url]http://joint.co.il/danidesign/[/url]
    FLASH-DANI webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  13. #53

    Cheers, any ideas on why? it works on some!

    HouseMusic webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  14. #54

    its about 500kb... there is sound but ive taken that out and put it in another movie to load on another level... i just find it weird that it will load on some pcs, just fine, but not at all on others

  15. #55

    add a preloader

    wllm

    wllm webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  16. #56

    Yea, got a preloader.... so that shouldnt be the problem

    HouseMusic webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  17. #57

    have you exported the movie and then added it to a HTML doent?

    wllm webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  18. #58

    cheers, that fixed it right up.

    HouseMusic webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  19. #59

    I like the ambient music

    About the site, it's very nice, everything, and I love road biking, so it just fits my interests hehe

    A couple errors or something you might want to change tho...
    - When reading the stories, I'd prefer reading it in the main window, not in a pop-up, I hate pop-ups!!
    - When looking at the Results, if I check 2002 results and then 2001 results, it still shows the 2002's, but if I look at the 2000's and then at the 2001 results, it works... something you might want to check.

    All the rest is nice to me !
    ř|i

    war_mice webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  20. #60

    thanks for the reply. Glad that you are into road biking then, i hope you bookmark the site

    Ive already fixed the problem with the results page, and have pretty much finished the whole site, just am working on some differnt ideas for the photos side of things.

    As for the pop up, ive kinda decided thats the way that i wanted it, just so that people dont have to go back and fourth when reading some of the stories... proved to be a little annoying on the lats html site i did. It wont stay this way forever... as i do have an idea that will change it. Thanks for the comments though! Its well apreciated

    As for the music, its by lemon jelly, called "in the bath"... cool track....

    K.

    HouseMusic webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast