Professional Web Applications Themes

site check - Adobe Flash, Flex & Director

I like it too. Very simple and clean design. I think the 'dull' part can be simply fixed with more interesting buttons, maybe rollovers. "olace*" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message news:bdd7aq$i0l$1forums.macromedia.com... > thanks for the positive comments, the client wanted a simple site with simple effects. also, with the enlarging, there is only so much you can do with limited money :P. they were after a target audience of potential big clients, so the site isnt made really for people just browsing, as it is just a simple design, and easy accessable information. > > thanks again > >...

  1. #1

    Default Re: site check

    I like it too. Very simple and clean design. I think the 'dull' part can
    be simply fixed with more interesting buttons, maybe rollovers.

    "olace*" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > thanks for the positive comments, the client wanted a simple site with
    simple effects. also, with the enlarging, there is only so much you can do
    with limited money :P. they were after a target audience of potential big
    clients, so the site isnt made really for people just browsing, as it is
    just a simple design, and easy accessable information.

    > thanks again

    F Chandler Guest

  2. #2

    it has been taken down for about a week just for issues relating a sub section of their company, they havnt purchased wa office yet, so they wanted to switch back to old site till they did.

    olace* webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    oke thnx

    "Matthias Gutfeldt" <wortegmx.at> schreef in bericht
    > Smiter wrote:
    > > Launched this site yesterday... Any comments please
    > >
    > > [url]http://www.kid-vicious.com[/url]
    >
    > You forgot Javascript in your list of 'requirements'.
    >

    > Matthias

    Smiter Guest

  4. #4

    I did it in Photoshop.. Just played a little with a "spherized grid"
    tutorial...

    "Macromedia" <rexjimjim-stewart.co.uk> schreef in bericht
    > How was the graphic on the left done?
    > I lke it
    >
    > "Matthias Gutfeldt" <wortegmx.at> wrote in message
    > > Smiter wrote:
    > > > Launched this site yesterday... Any comments please
    > > >
    > > > [url]http://www.kid-vicious.com[/url]
    > >
    > > You forgot Javascript in your list of 'requirements'.
    > >

    > > Matthias

    Smiter Guest

  5. #5

    Default Site Check

    Here is my first flash site, any constructive criticism is welcome.

    Also, I have been trying to load the text content into dynamic text fields but I can't get it to work, It works fine when I test it on my pc, but when I test on a server it does not display at all or some portion of the text file will be missing. One other thing, I've tried using the scrollbar component but I'm having serious issues with it, when I attach it to a dynamic text field when I test it the content disappears, any ideas???

    [url]http://www.geocities.com/jorgemedrano75/cea[/url]

    weisbach webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    Your site won't come up on mac, so I won't be able to make any comments.

    nevarlen webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  7. #7

    Hey,

    I like your site. It looks good. I like that you have buttons for either language, as well as a non flash version. I didn't have anyproblems viewing it either.

    I guess the one thing I'd point out that was not necessarily bad but something I'd prefer I guess, is to have the globe on the right, not be cutoff. Also if I'm viewing your page at 1024x768 I wouldn't expect to see a vertical scroll bar, which I do. If your main elements doesn't extend beyond the bottom of the browser, maybe you can ensure no scroll bar comes when there shouldn't be one. Other than that it looks nice.

    Tony

    Digitmaxr Guest

  8. #8

    Also, how are you loading text into your text file?

    Digitmaxr Guest

  9. #9

    This is a project that is not completely finished yet but I'd like some feedback. This is for a very conservative university setting so I could not 'trick' out to the point I'd like to.

    The links do work but still a work in progress.

    I have not included any preloaders yet either.

    Thanks in advance.

    [url]http://testlaw.law.ucdavis.edu/newlawlibrary/[/url]

    Digitmaxr Guest

  10. #10

    I'm on a Mac - came up fine for me.

    One Louder webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  11. #11

    Thanks for all the replys and comments.

    About the Mac situation, I don't have a mac nor know anyone who has one, but I'm still glad it worked for some.

    The text I'm trying to load it from a text file into a dynamic text field, I first an actionscript loop that loads all text before displaying but it never works correctly, I might try posting my fla so someone can check it out.

    On the scroll bar situation, I had not noticed that it came up on larger displays, I have no idea why, since there should be no content that exceeds 600px in height, but I'll check it out.

    Again thanks to all for the comments.

    weisbach webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  12. #12

    that is fantastic - slick loading animation that doesn't detract from your content, simple, clean, easy to navigate

    I like it a lot

    peace

    ps - what font did you use?

    I'm on Byron Canfield's TWIT filter!
    the ghost Guest

  13. #13

    Hi,

    I have been briefed to create a clean simple site. I would appreciate your feedback. I have noticed that the top frame doesn't stretch to the length that it should when viewed on a MAC - So you can let me know how to sort it

    The date should also be aligned to the right but I have made an error in my code and can easily fix that.

    Also on the MAC the pixel width should be 1 but it appears as a thick border around the middle section of the site.

    Thanx

    WATP

    Referring URLs
    [url]www.sherlockshair.co.uk[/url]

    theGman webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  14. #14

    Tea Tree product gives a page error!
    Jordan

    "theGman" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have been briefed to create a clean simple site. I would appreciate your
    feedback. I have noticed that the top frame doesn't stretch to the length
    that it should when viewed on a MAC - So you can let me know how to sort it

    > The date should also be aligned to the right but I have made an error in
    my code and can easily fix that.

    > Also on the MAC the pixel width should be 1 but it appears as a thick
    border around the middle section of the site.

    > Thanx
    >
    > WATP
    >
    > Referring URLs
    > [url]www.sherlockshair.co.uk[/url]

    Jordan Marton Guest

  15. #15

    And for all the products, you should consider changing the link from "#" to
    "javascript:;". that way, it won't pop up to the top each time soemthign is
    clicked!

  16. #16

    Looks ok on MAC, OS9.2, IE5

    One thing to consider is a 'close window'-link in your pop-up.

    J.
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have been briefed to create a clean simple site. I would appreciate your
    > feedback. I have noticed that the top frame doesn't stretch to the length that
    > it should when viewed on a MAC - So you can let me know how to sort it
    >
    > The date should also be aligned to the right but I have made an error in my
    > code and can easily fix that.
    >
    > Also on the MAC the pixel width should be 1 but it appears as a thick border
    > around the middle section of the site.
    >

    > Thanx
    >

    > WATP
    >
    > Referring URLs
    > [url]www.sherlockshair.co.uk[/url]

    Jorgen Guest

  17. #17

    On your "advice" page, I would recommend labeling your submit button
    "Submit" instead of just "S". (Some users may get confused on what S is.)

    Also, it would be nice to see some different pictures throughout the site.
    Every page uses the same two pictures.

    Lastly, Netscape 7 and Mozilla 1.3 seem to be ignoring your stylesheets.
    Both browser display the date at the top or your page, but the font color is
    black. They also display your links at the bottom of the page using the
    default blue font with underlines.

    "theGman" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have been briefed to create a clean simple site. I would appreciate your
    feedback. I have noticed that the top frame doesn't stretch to the length
    that it should when viewed on a MAC - So you can let me know how to sort it

    > The date should also be aligned to the right but I have made an error in
    my code and can easily fix that.

    > Also on the MAC the pixel width should be 1 but it appears as a thick
    border around the middle section of the site.

    > Thanx
    > WATP
    >
    > Referring URLs
    > [url]www.sherlockshair.co.uk[/url]

    robot88888888 Guest

  18. #18

    Site visually looks nice, although it was a pain having to scroll to get information that should fit on one page, baybe dreacrease the size of the greybars and increase information area.

    Also noted that the site doesn't seem to be accessible to those with visual impairments.

    Matt

    Womble Guest

  19. #19

    > Site visually looks nice, although it was a pain having to scroll to get
    information that should fit on one page, baybe
    > dreacrease the size of the greybars and increase information area.
    I agree! I think you should just get rid of the frames all together. The
    frames, in this situation, don't seem to be offering much of an advantage.
    They do help provide a nice neat appearce of the website, but once you begin
    reading the site content they prove to be more of an annoyance. There are
    many problems with using frames and if you don't need them, it's best to
    toss them out.

    Just a side note:
    In the frames source code, you have "Unfortunately, your browser doesn't
    support frames." for the noframes tag. Well, some search engines will use
    that for your page description. (Might not be what you want)
    > Also noted that the site doesn't seem to be accessible to those with
    visual impairments.

    Great point!

    For starters you may want to consider utilizing the alt attribute for most
    of your images. (And instead of using alt="image", you may want to consider
    a more descriptive title. For example, the Sherlocks logo's alt attribute
    should say "Sherlocks" not "image".)

    Hope this helps!

    robot88888888 Guest

  20. #20

    that's exactly what i was going to say......too much wasted space when
    decreasing it a little will make the site much more user friendly -
    > Site visually looks nice, although it was a pain having to scroll to get
    information that should fit on one page, baybe dreacrease the size of the
    greybars and increase information area.

    > Also noted that the site doesn't seem to be accessible to those with
    visual impairments.

    > Matt

    Tal Guest

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast