Professional Web Applications Themes

Site check: (other site) - Macromedia Fireworks

Hope i'm not asking too much from you guys, but here's another site I have been putting massive amount of time in. So hope you can spare some time. It's not yet finished, but it only needs a little bit of work. http://www.wetworks.nl Thanks everyone! -- Coen "The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary." _______________________________ Please, don't E-mail me about Fireworks questions. Please post them on the Forum. If otherwise - when I ask you to send me a file for helping you, send it to the address below. E-mail : ccnk at home.nl ================================ ...

  1. #1

    Default Site check: (other site)

    --

    _______________________________

    E-mail : ccnk at home.nl
    ================================
    Enhance Fireworks with these Productivity Resources

    *** DevNet ***
    http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/fireworks/
    *** Styles ***
    http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/fireworks/articles/style_samples.html
    http://wetworks.nl/freestyler
    http://richiebee.ca/fireworks.htm
    *** Flash Panels ***
    http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/studio/articles/fw_command_in_flash.html

    Coen Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Site check: (other site)

    Looks very nice

    --
    If we can be any more help please reply
    Regards
    "Coen Naninck" <nl> wrote in message
    http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/studio/articles/fw_command_in_flash.html

    eddie Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Coen, looks very slick, and I like the color scheme. A teeny tiny point
    here - don't hate me but... I found the 'wetworks' logo hard to read - very
    intricate indeed, but still maybe for the company's logo it should be a
    little less 'razzle-dazzle. And how about putting a nice faded out
    background image in the parts of the page that are outside the 800x600
    window? Maybe some W's in that nice blue you have. A nice little show for
    those of us with larger resolutions. I wish I could remember the site I saw
    that on recently to show you.

    I hope you don't mind my suggestions, It's really a work of art and I'm just
    being damn fussy. I've also made a portfolio site for myself recently, so I
    enjoyed seeing someone else's. FYI it's at http://www.labelledesign.com.
    Groetjes from Lisa, a Canadian trying to be a web designer in Den Haag.

    http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/studio/articles/fw_command_in_flash.html

    Lisa Guest

  4. #4

    Lisa Pons-Labelle wrote:
    | I found the 'wetworks' logo hard to read - very intricate indeed

    More people have mentioned this. I already adjusted this but it seems
    not far enough. I think I will adjust the size but that means adjusting
    the containers size aswell. With it only being an image this shouldn't
    be too much of a problem. I'll make a post later on today to let you
    know when it's done.

    | I hope you don't mind my suggestions

    I never mind suggestions Lisa. Besides, I asked for suggestions myself
    didn't I ;-o

    | ..// a Canadian trying to be a web designer in Den Haag.

    Wat doe je in Den Haag Lisa? "Of all places!" Waarom Den Haag?

    I looked at your Portfolio by the way; here's some small things:

    - One piece of advice someone in the professional business recently gave
    me, is to not overflow your (potential) customers with techy
    information that they don't understand. It's nice that you design sites
    that work at 1024x768 and above, but most companies that want a site
    often don't know what resolution is in the first place.
    I think I have something similar on my current site, so please forgive
    me for being a hypocrit. I have yet to remove it. Just passing that tip
    from my friend to you that's all.
    - The Flower in the topright of the subpages drifts into the navigation
    below the menubuttons. You can solve this by making the words in the
    menubuttons non-centered. It should fit is you tweak this. You could
    also (after tweaking the buttons) make the flower a tiny bit smaller.
    Just that finishing touch Lisa. :-)
    - On the Startpage it says "Creating beautiful websites that work".
    "that work"? Isn't that mandatory? I mean, shouldn't all websites work
    anyway? (I know lots that don't, but that's another discussion ;-o ) I
    think it's just not something you should add, because it feels like
    you're giving your customers the impression that sometimes beautiful
    sites don't work. Maybe "I" am being fussy now! ;-)

    I like your maintenance plan text. It's good to have that one sentence:
    "My new site looks wonderful, how can I keep it that way?" Very touchy!
    Your rates are low too by the way. I'm just 20 Euro's under that, but
    most agencies I know are around the 75 to 150 Euro's. Good thing for
    both of us. :-)

    By the way, nice picture on the About page.. no actually - I should say
    Nice woman 'in the picture' .. on the About page. ;-o

    Take care,

    E-mail : ccnk at home.nl
    ================================
    Enhance Fireworks with these Productivity Resources

    *** DevNet ***
    http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/fireworks/
    *** Styles ***
    http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/fireworks/articles/style_samples.html
    http://wetworks.nl/freestyler
    http://richiebee.ca/fireworks.htm
    *** Flash Panels ***
    http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/studio/articles/fw_command_in_flash.html

    Lisa Pons-Labelle wrote:
    point
    - very
    I saw
    I'm just
    recently, so I

    >[/ref]
    http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/studio/articles/fw_command_in_flash.html

    >[/ref]

    Coen Guest

  5. #5

    Thanks Coen, I'm going to take a careful look at my site again with your
    suggestions in mind. BTW, I'm in The Hague because my husband (who is
    French) works for an international organization there. Pretty weird I know,
    I'm Canadian and he's French and here we are in Holland. I'm gong to
    translate my site into Dutch next, I already have the translation, just need
    to do the work now. Oh, and thanks for the compliment on my photo (blush). I
    actually had chosen a much more serious photo, but my mother said 'for God's
    sake Lisa, put a photo on where you don't look like a librarian!' so I took
    her advice.

    See ya.

    http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/studio/articles/fw_command_in_flash.html
    > point