Professional Web Applications Themes

Site check please - Adobe Flash, Flex & Director

"Fady Fouad Shehata" tippselte ... > Please check the interface of my site , > any comments are wellcomed > > [url]http://fadyonline.fateback.com/index.htm[/url] Fady, it looks nice! Nice choice of colours but you might match the colour of the browser's scrollbar - that light blue of windows XP scrollbars looks strange .... Well, I prefer pages where the whole page is centered when you're using a 1024x768 resolution and the page is optimized for 800x600, I don't like pages sticking on the left side of the browser window. And you might change the title of your page ("Untitled Doent") ;-) HTH, ...

  1. #21

    Default Re: Site Check please

    "Fady Fouad Shehata" tippselte ...
    > Please check the interface of my site ,
    > any comments are wellcomed
    >
    > [url]http://fadyonline.fateback.com/index.htm[/url]
    Fady,

    it looks nice! Nice choice of colours but you might match the colour of the
    browser's scrollbar - that light blue of windows XP scrollbars looks strange

    Well, I prefer pages where the whole page is centered when you're using a
    1024x768 resolution and the page is optimized for 800x600, I don't like
    pages sticking on the left side of the browser window. And you might change
    the title of your page ("Untitled Doent") ;-)

    HTH,
    Jolantha

    --
    Jolantha Belik - jbel's design: [url]www.jbels-design.com[/url]
    TMM volunteer [Contribute]: [url]www.macromedia.com/go/team/[/url]
    Author: Macromedia Contribute (in German): [url]www.webstep.at[/url]

    Jolantha Belik - TMM Guest

  2. #22

    Default Re: Site Approved ;-)

    The music is hmm... doesn't quite suit it, something with drum and bass -light would definitely.

    But I must say I do like the Sound Option the bottom left of the screen, done very nice.

    ___ Swish....>> ;-)

    I do really like the sky in the screen and the globe animation.

    I did notice something not quite right with the button rollover effect?

    When I move my mouse pointer over any of the buttons it flickers, black/white
    - It does look like it is struggling slightly?

    I suggest you change the rollover to a neutral colour - (a light red), that way it will still be obvious to the user which button they have navigated over.

    I mean don't know if you meant for the buttons to have that black/white look/ Personally I don't like it.

    mofostyle webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #23

    Hello,

    I like it. How did you managed to have so such a CLEAR text in Flash?

    Thanks in advanced,

    rcrane

    rcrane webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #24

    nice site - I have to agree with abeall - make more room for your content - flashy graphics are nice but content rules the web.

    peace

    I'm on Byron Canfield's TWIT filter!
    the ghost Guest

  5. #25

    Looks pretty...

    DWMX FTP is ... how to say this politely ... rubbish. I use BPFTP for all FTP and webDAV where possible.

    That error... You could try and get shut of that DTD, apart from that I can't really help as the source for the JS isn't visible...

    Have you double-cheked the spelling of the functions you're calling?

    MX is like a box of chocolates - Someone's usually eaten the good bits already!
    Flashjunky webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #26

    Looks good. But how did you make the navigation menu at the left of the page? I've been trying to do something like that with the "Show Pop-Up Menu" Behavior, but I can't have more than one pop-up menu, or else I get an error and none of the popup menus show up. Could someone help me out?

    FlamingArtPrince webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  7. #27

    Yes, Thanks for your comment and I will manage that by combining text and
    images in the site.
    God bless
    "Durwood Edwards" <durwoodemindspring.com> wrote in message
    > its very attratctive, but took me 46 seconds to open on my T1 line.
    > Sooo many image files!
    > "Fady Fouad Shehata" <fadyfouadsofthome.net> wrote in message
    > > Please check the interface of my site ,
    > > any comments are wellcomed
    > >
    > > [url]http://fadyonline.fateback.com/index.htm[/url]

    Fady Fouad Shehata Guest

  8. #28

  9. #29

  10. #30

    Fady:

    Ummm - crossposted?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    > Yes, Thanks for your comment and I will manage that by combining text and
    > images in the site.
    > God bless
    > "Durwood Edwards" <durwoodemindspring.com> wrote in message
    > > its very attratctive, but took me 46 seconds to open on my T1 line.
    > > Sooo many image files!
    > > "Fady Fouad Shehata" <fadyfouadsofthome.net> wrote in message
    > > > Please check the interface of my site ,
    > > > any comments are wellcomed
    > > >
    > > > [url]http://fadyonline.fateback.com/index.htm[/url]

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  11. #31

    FlamingArtPrince,

    I just stuck the menu in a table cell. The Script was exported as a separate Library item used in a template. To make it visible, you need to add this statement in the head section:

    (js_function is a user defined JavaScript
    function)

    if you're also using MM Behaviors on the page, then you also need to add this:

    'images/2.gif','images/3.gif', ...
    bgcolor="#333333" text="#000000">

    This is only for the Sothink menu and taken from the FAQ's on their website at [url]http://www.sothink.com[/url]. Just do a search on Dreamweaver, invisible.

    Nancy

    nswart webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  12. #32

    On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 15:19:06 +0000 (UTC), "nswart"
    [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    >Still need to redesign the home page and add a text nav bar at the
    >bottom of each page plus other tweaking but for now I'd like to know
    >I've at least grasped the basics of DW. The frequently changed page
    >is at [url]http://www.masna.org/whatsnew.htm[/url] .
    >
    >I'm using the SoThink DHTML Menu as a Library Item. When viewing the
    >page in WIN ME IE6, I get the message "Javascript error, line 8,
    >object expected" and "recursive reference to footer.lbi". I don't get
    >this error viewing in WIN XP Pro IE6 and have no idea how to fix it.
    I'll try to be gentle because the page does look good. However...

    The error you're seeing is because your <body> tag includes a call to
    js_function(). That particular function is not define in either your
    source, or the linked .js file. In some browsers, a JavaScript error
    will prevent any further JavaScript from executing, meaning that your
    menu won't work, even for those users who have JavaScript turned on.
    The other 10%, who have JavaScript turned off won't be able to use the
    menu either.

    Apart from that, the SoThink menu looks and works well except for the
    bold text rollover causing the navigation bar to expand and contract.
    However, the .js file used for the menu is 30k in size. That's huge
    when you stop to think that your target weight for the page and all
    linked files should be no more that 40-45k. Your images total 91k and
    your html is 25k. That makes your page 146k, or about three times what
    it should be. Dial-up users probably won't wait for it. You could trim
    down the size of the HTML if you used CSS for styling instead of all
    those nasty <font> tags, but your images and the JavaScript are the
    biggest offenders.

    Your code starts out, right after the <body> tag with a <tr> tag.
    There is no opening <table> tag. and there is no closing </table> tag
    for the table that is never begun.

    There are also a lot of invalid table/cell dimensions specified. You
    need to think about validating the page and cleaning up the errors.
    The W3C validator finds 62 errors on the page. See them at:

    [url]http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.masna.org%2Fwhatsnew.ht m[/url]

    The page falls apart rather badly in NN4, probably because of all the
    code errors.

    Gary
    Gary White Guest

  13. #33

    No check that one , It is not crossposted

  14. #34

    Thanks folks,

    This is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. One more thing before I fix it all, why is the hyperlink not active in the banner used in the footer at the bottom of every page? The url again is [url]http://www.masna.org/whatsnew.htm[/url].

  15. #35

    I liked the music BUT one should always allow the user to have the controls.

    The one thing I was slightly annoyed by was the clicking to scroll. After the 12th click it was getting old. Perhaps some kind of a scrollbar arrangement dressed up to match the look you already have going?

    All in all, very nice.

    NCD_

    NCD_ webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  16. #36

    >> One more thing before I fix it all, why is the hyperlink not active in the banner used in the footer at the bottom of every page?

    Could you be a little more specific?

  17. #37

    Hi FlashJunky,

    OK...images optimized in FW, table code cleaned up, menu rollovers fixed. I've downsized as much as I can without losing quality. However, I now have a new problem. In validating over at W3C I get a "Fatal Error - No Doent Type". You suggested I lose the DTD but what should I be using for doc type?

    As for the link not working, if you scroll to the very bottom of the page, the orange and black banner that says "MACNA XV..." is linked to [url]http://www.lmas.org/[/url]. It's in the code but the link is not working. Is this because that banner is a lib item and the footer is also a lib item?

    Here's the page again [url]http://www.masna.org/whatsnew.htm[/url] .

    You have no idea how much I appreciate you taking the time to give me your input on this.

  18. #38

    Can I make a suggestion?

    If this is going to be a standard type of layout, why not use a template?

    I don't use library items because they mess up for me a lot (probably because I never bothered to learn how to use them properly!!) but templates are useful for making global changes to a lot of pages!

    As to the W3 validation - I personally don't bother, my target audience is pure IE 5.5+ so that's what I code for...

    If you're looking for a generic DTD try <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> - it's the one I generally use if I use one at all!!!

    As to that link not working check your syntax you're missing an ='s sign!!

  19. #39

    Default Site Check Please

    I was hoping I could get some opinions on the flash on a couple of my pages:

    [url]www.ropeofsilicon.com[/url]
    [url]www.ropeofsilicon.com/reviews.htm[/url]

    Any criticism or comments would be helpful.

    Thanks,

    Brad

    Brad Guest

  20. #40

    Hi,
    I rather unexpectedly went live with this site last night and haven't
    been able to thoroughly test it across platforms after all the
    modifications I made.

    So please let me know what you think, and more importantly, if it works :/

    I've heard that Mac Safari has trouble with 'About > People & Places',
    and old Mac Netscapes (don't know what version) doesn't render the
    layers well? Sorry, the comments I got were rather vague.

    Thanks!

    budy Guest

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast