Professional Web Applications Themes

Site check please - Adobe Flash, Flex & Director

Would appreciate feedback, especially from dial-up users [url]http://carcelcomputers.com/[/url]...

  1. #1

    Default Site check please

    jingo@tinyworld.co.uk webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Site check please

    Hi,

    I like it. Its nicely put together with nothing annoying. The graphic in the computer monitor is a nice subtle effect, i like that.

    Music doesnt really go with the site, just my personal opinion tho.

    What was used to make the graphic banner on the top, and the '' sign at the bottom?

    Overall its pretty good. Didnt fing any spelling mistakes or grammatical errors either .

    Viru

    ~ No Style Without Substance ~My First Site Here
    My Second Site Here
    I'm only a lil' kid, only 18....o.O
    kO2n Guest

  3. #3

    I'd say you got a pretty cool looking site, pretty flashy. Only thing is that the only content area is TINY, which will drive some people bonkers. You might want to consider opening it up a little, maybe only putting the computer(which is a cool effect, BTW) only on the home page, then making room for more content on other pages. Of course, put something interesting besides text on each page, just I really feel it needs more content area.

    I like the header very much! looks professional.

    -beally-
    -------------------------
    abeall webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    It's attractive but at 120K+ it's taking a long time to download which means
    that most people won't hang around to admire it. Web surfers not patient
    people :-)

    Target page weight is around 40K-50K total for a page which is quick to
    download even for those on dial-ups. Perhaps combine graphics with some text
    formatted with CSS. Your page would rapidly lose some weight with this
    approach.

    Also, since the page is 100% graphics (sliced Fireworks image) it will be
    invisible to most Search Engines so most people are unlikely to find the
    page unless they know the URL. This is a design decision which you need to
    be aware of.

    With the buttons (home, about me etc) I would prefer to see these
    left-aligned. As they are (centre alignment) they look rather untidy.

    --
    Regards

    John Waller

    John Waller Guest

  7. #7

    Nice choice of colors, however it takes some time to load all the images.
    You may also want to take a look at this great tutorial about "Interfaces to
    HTML - DW"

    [url]http://www.ultraweaver.com/tutorials/interface/html/index.htm[/url]

    --
    I hope this helps.

    Regards,

    Marlon De Jesus
    Macromedia Technical Support
    Dreamweaver / Fireworks

    Introducing Macromedia Contribute. Web publishing for everyone.
    Learn more at [url]www.macromedia.com/contribute[/url]

    To search for TechNotes and other issues use;
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url]
    "Fady Fouad Shehata" <fadyfouadsofthome.net> wrote in message
    > Please check the interface of my site ,
    > any comments are wellcomed
    >
    > [url]http://fadyonline.fateback.com/index.htm[/url]

    Marlon De Jesus - MMTS Guest

  8. #8

  9. #9

  10. #10

    OK, Thanx for all the feedback. I'll get around to the necessary adjustments.

    The image editor is of course photoshop 7, the best image editor on PC

    jingo@tinyworld.co.uk Guest

  11. #11

    -----I have to agree-----WAY too long to be viewed...

    On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 10:06:49 +0300, "Fady Fouad Shehata"
    <fadyfouadsofthome.net> wrote:
    >Please check the interface of my site ,
    >any comments are wellcomed
    >
    >[url]http://fadyonline.fateback.com/index.htm[/url]

    Mike Guest

  12. #12

    I agree with most of the earlier comments, but also you need something better than outlook express for contact issues. A nice flash work would suit your site. Visit egomedia.com for examples.

    nevarlen webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  13. #13

    looks nice but as everyone else has mentioned...way too long to load. Over
    60 seconds on a broadband connection. I'd probably still be waiting on a
    dial-up connection.

    I think I would prefer the left aligned menu buttons also.

    Looks like you have the images made for 800x600 however if viewing on a
    larger setting leaves a white bar on the right hand side of the browser
    window. You might want to set the background color the same red as your
    graphics and it wouldn't be quite as noticeable.

    "Fady Fouad Shehata" <fadyfouadsofthome.net> wrote in message
    > Please check the interface of my site ,
    > any comments are wellcomed
    >
    > [url]http://fadyonline.fateback.com/index.htm[/url]

    Noncenx Guest

  14. #14

  15. #15

  16. #16

    1 Min 32 Secs via dial up

    NIK

    "Noncenx" <noncenxhotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:sJ0Oa.46827$xg5.12375twister.austin.rr.com.. .
    > looks nice but as everyone else has mentioned...way too long to load.
    Over
    > 60 seconds on a broadband connection. I'd probably still be waiting on a
    > dial-up connection.
    >
    > I think I would prefer the left aligned menu buttons also.
    >
    > Looks like you have the images made for 800x600 however if viewing on a
    > larger setting leaves a white bar on the right hand side of the browser
    > window. You might want to set the background color the same red as your
    > graphics and it wouldn't be quite as noticeable.
    >

    > "Fady Fouad Shehata" <fadyfouadsofthome.net> wrote in message
    > > Please check the interface of my site ,
    > > any comments are wellcomed
    > >
    > > [url]http://fadyonline.fateback.com/index.htm[/url]

    niknik1971 Guest

  17. #17

  18. #18

  19. #19

    "Fady Fouad Shehata" tippselte ...
    > Please check the interface of my site ,
    > any comments are wellcomed
    >
    > [url]http://fadyonline.fateback.com/index.htm[/url]
    Fady,

    it looks nice! Nice choice of colours but you might match the colour of the
    browser's scrollbar - that light blue of windows XP scrollbars looks strange

    Well, I prefer pages where the whole page is centered when you're using a
    1024x768 resolution and the page is optimized for 800x600, I don't like
    pages sticking on the left side of the browser window. And you might change
    the title of your page ("Untitled Doent") ;-)

    HTH,
    Jolantha

    --
    Jolantha Belik - jbel's design: [url]www.jbels-design.com[/url]