Professional Web Applications Themes

Site check please... - Macromedia Flash Sitedesign

Hi, Try this christmas card editor that we´ve made. Features: - Upload your own images and flash files - Add images, movies, animations and video from our media gallery - Send the card by e-mail to your friends. - Try it! [url]http://www.x-com.se/xmas[/url]...

  1. #1

    Default Site check please...

    Foppen webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Site check please...

    Nice!
    I started hitting keyboard shortcuts :)
    Take care,
    Jon

    "Foppen" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Try this christmas card editor that we´ve made.
    >
    > Features:
    >
    > - Upload your own images and flash files
    > - Add images, movies, animations and video from our media gallery
    > - Send the card by e-mail to your friends.
    > - Try it!
    >
    > [url]http://www.x-com.se/xmas[/url]

    Sneelock Guest

  3. #3

    Very up tempo and nice. I got slightly confused with the windows being the
    key to opening up the site though.When I opened the first window, it blocked
    the other windows and I became trapped to move out of there or to move along
    further into the site.
    Only the number 1 gallery opened for me. When I got out and closed the
    site, there stood a small popup window. Was that another gallery pic?
    I liked the expanse of the site. It fit the theme of the ceilings or was it
    windows? (you see-too much focus on the windows).

    William Kazak Guest

  4. #4

    http://www.rayzorsharpedesigns.com.au/
    Rayzor Guest

  5. #5

    Obvious Flash design skills. Personally, I don't like the color scheme and the
    motion...it makes me dizzy and it doesn't "invite" me to spend more time there.
    Maybe it's the blue/orange color combination. I don't think I like the position
    of the nav "buttons"...."reverse optical center?" Also, what is the sound
    effect on the button...sounds like a dog barking and a door squeaking. I might
    try to find sounds and images that relate to the razor theme. I don't know what
    they would be though...other cutting utensils???
    That's my "quick take"...meant to be constructive.
    Robert

    Adman2004 Guest

  6. #6

    I know there is a problem with horizontal lines appearing in the Flash 101 movie on homepage, any ideas on this woud be appreciated.

    http://www.mindsetmatch.com.au
    Rayzor Guest

  7. #7

    "Rayzor" <com> wrote in message
    movie on homepage, any ideas on this woud be appreciated.

    It looks perfectly smooth and line free here. (Athlon 1.6 notebook, windows
    XP home)

    Mike

    Spock Guest

  8. #8

    Spellcheck...under Fact or Fiction "skilful" should be "skillful". Flash stuff seems to work wonderfully. Nice job!
    JPI Guest

  9. #9

    I didn't notice any lines either. Overall, I like the design, nice job. Couple
    of recommendations if I may: first, I would suggest displaying your work in the
    Gallery page some other way besides using a popup window. Popup blocking
    software is becoming more popular and may prevent someone from being able to
    view your work. Second, it might be worth your while to replace the 'mailto'
    link with a contact form. This would help protect your account from spam and
    appears a little more professional, IMO. Just my two cents worth...As I said,
    nice job.

    designMorgue Guest

  10. #10

    This is a website (temporary) for an activity for the personnel of a
    University - Only in Dutch....
    Critics are well appreciated - as much as positive remarks :o)
    By the way, It is my first project...

    http://www.kulak.ac.be/~platteau/act/Ellezelles_menu.html (and click on
    'flash animatie')

    Thanks...
    Joepie.

    Dzjoepke Guest

  11. #11

    This file is 860kB but has no preloader...
    Should I have a preloader for a file of this size?
    Joepie.

    Dzjoepke Guest

  12. #12

    whats with the stars... you find out what your clicking after you click??
    fasterthanlight Guest

  13. #13

    I like the stars, very cool, and especially the wicked witch, she is awesome! I
    do think the stars should have some sort of label or rollover so viewers know
    which is for what. We don't like to have to guess. It is about the delivery of
    information we are seeking. The easier the access, the better the usability.
    Thats my two cents anyway. Hope this helps!
    Luna

    ladyluna Guest

  14. #14

    i just realised something.... NONE of your buttons have labels!!!!!! naughty naughty.........................
    fasterthanlight Guest

  15. #15

    I didn't know what kind of label would fit there...
    I don't want to have normal text that could skrew up the visuals...
    Or if you have suggestions... fire them away...

    Dzjoepke Guest

  16. #16

    I can hear the solid splats of usability experts thudding into the pavement
    from 20 stories up as they all throw themselves off tall buildings in
    despair ;)

    --
    http://www.phageinteractive.com

    Peter Guest