Professional Web Applications Themes

Site check please... especially macs - Macromedia Dreamweaver

ok here's my two penny's .. your code is full of height tags which are not valid ~HTML. .. ok a 56K dial-up the flash header takes AGES to load. (if I had clicked a button to download this, then I might be prepared to wait, but not for something I don't even know what's coming) I'm assuming this but contained the main nav, but I gave up waiting. ..in IE6 (PC) the bottom footer with the about us | solutions | etc links are misaligned and appear over the bottom black cells and the red ones above. .. in ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Site check please... especially macs

    ok here's my two penny's

    .. your code is full of height tags which are not valid ~HTML.
    .. ok a 56K dial-up the flash header takes AGES to load. (if I had clicked a
    button to download this, then I might be prepared to wait, but not for
    something I don't even know what's coming) I'm assuming this but contained
    the main nav, but I gave up waiting.

    ..in IE6 (PC) the bottom footer with the about us | solutions | etc links are
    misaligned and appear over the bottom black cells and the red ones above.
    .. in NN6.2 (PC) there is a massive gap at the bottom between the last piece
    of content and the footer (this may be due the page having not fully loaded,
    but as I said, that flash header was taking sooooo long I gave it up)

    Hope this helps,

    James

    "Robert Johnson" <com> wrote in message

    Jamesy Guest

  2. #2

    908k flash file. you've got to be joking.
    The text lis too small to read, and your HTML coding is not up to snuff.

    Mick

    mick_white Guest

  3. #3

    Thank you for your thoughts Mick...

    Robert

    "mick_white" <com> wrote in message
    >[/ref]

    Robert Guest

  4. #4

    Ok Jamesy, I fixed the bottom... thanks for the input.

    Robert

    "Jamesy" <co.uk> wrote in message

    are
    piece
    loaded,

    >[/ref]

    Robert Guest

  5. #5

    I would urge against using underlines under subheads. Underlines is the
    universal signal that there's a link with that text. If they don't link
    somewhere it's really annoying.

    Louise Guest

  6. #6

    Thanks for the input Louise...

    Robert

    "Louise" <net> wrote in message

    >[/ref]

    Robert Guest

  7. #7

    You know Mick, I got to thinking about your post... I appreciate
    constructive criticism but don't you think that you should explain how to do
    it better instead of just saying "I must be joking" or "not up to snuff"?
    Your post bordered on rude my friend.

    >[/ref]

    Robert Guest

  8. #8

    Not very specific, I know. But do you know how long it takes to download a 900k
    file using a 56k dial-up connection? Well, with a fast connection? Nearly 4
    minutes.
    The second comment referred to your using deprecated code such as <table>
    height and <td> height> and so on.
    While it was very unprofessional of me to answer the way I did, you might ask
    yourself "what is it about this page that invoked such an emotional reaction?"
    Mick

    Robert Johnson wrote:

    > >[/ref][/ref]

    mick_white Guest

  9. #9

    Mac OS X, Safari 1.0 (v85) cable modem - loaded very quickly (again
    cable access in a small market area) looks very professional.

    HTH
     [/ref]
    >[/ref]
    Bridgetown Guest

  10. #10

    It's a beautiful site. I hope I can do something like this some day myself. I wish I had a Mac to try it on for you but I don't. I will say that offering people the "SKIP" option after waiting for it to download does seem a little manipulative.

    On the other hand, I waited for it to download and for me, it was worth the wait.

    Michael

    meblake Guest

  11. #11

    "Robert Johnson" <com> wrote in message

    The page loaded very quickly for me, but then I don't have the Flash player.

    I have to agree about the underlining. In your left column, you have some
    bold, red, underlined text that is not a link. In your center column, you
    have some bold, red, underlined text that IS a link. Then in the right
    column, you again have bold, red, underlined text that is NOT a link. The
    term for this is "mystery meat navigation" because the only way to find
    links is to move your mouse around the page looking for it to give you the
    finger.

    The text was too small to read comfortably. I increased the text size in my
    browser and it didn't completely explode, but it did create some gaps and
    cause some of the images to not be seamless.

    Other than that and the big ugly white box at the top of the page telling me
    I need a plugin that I don't want, the page looks nice.

    Gary

    Gary Guest

  12. #12

    Hmm, 4 min. that is not acceptable. Ok, Mick point taken. I'll remove the
    intro flash and sub in one of the other flash headings that are much
    smaller. I increased the size of the font as well from your suggestion as
    well as others. Thanks again for your input.

    Regards

    Robert

    "mick_white" <com> wrote in message
    900k