Professional Web Applications Themes

site check pls. the site is not yet finished - Macromedia Flash Sitedesign

let me please stress that the site is not yet finished. all i would like to know is if there is a way to produce the same site using dreamweaver and fireworks. i dont want many individual pages just the one central page. i was told by a somewhat narrow minded person that using flash to create a site wasnt very good because it doesnt satisfy 'section 508' of some web standard (didnt get the periodical off him) [url]http://www.dcobbinah.co.uk/bridgette[/url] any comments would be appreciated...

  1. #1

    Default site check pls. the site is not yet finished

    let me please stress that the site is not yet finished. all i would like to
    know is if there is a way to produce the same site using dreamweaver and
    fireworks. i dont want many individual pages just the one central page. i
    was told by a somewhat narrow minded person that using flash to create a
    site wasnt very good because it doesnt satisfy 'section 508' of some web
    standard (didnt get the periodical off him)

    [url]http://www.dcobbinah.co.uk/bridgette[/url]

    any comments would be appreciated

    danny Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re:site check pls. the site is not yet finished

    looks good,

    You would be able to create it with dreamweaver, exept for al the little transitions you have when you click the buttons, so I reckon leave it as flash, one thing though, I think you should, if you are keeping it flash, try and cut the loading time down, i dont know why it takes along to load (not that long but still) its probebly the little 3d animation thing.

    Anyway, i like it, good work

    GilesW webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Re:site check pls. the site is not yet finished

    this is what i was pondering and even posted this very ssame notion. what i
    needed was a system whereby i could include all the transitions but without
    the number of pages. also if the textual scrolls and fireworks type frame
    setup rather than dreamweaver type frames because with a curved interface
    dreamweaver wouldnt be able to handle it. there would always be a window
    resize issue happening. this is why i have kept it in flash. animations are
    not a problem, page transitions are not a problem and there is a preloader
    so people would actually gauge what is happening rather than waiting for
    something to happen on the off chance.

    what do you think?
    "GilesW" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > looks good,
    >
    > You would be able to create it with dreamweaver, exept for al the little
    transitions you have when you click the buttons, so I reckon leave it as
    flash, one thing though, I think you should, if you are keeping it flash,
    try and cut the loading time down, i dont know why it takes along to load
    (not that long but still) its probebly the little 3d animation thing.

    > Anyway, i like it, good work

    danny Guest