Professional Web Applications Themes

Site Keyword Search Required!!!!! - ASP Components

Whats the best route for a keyword site search?? I am currently trying to use FileSystemObjects, but it keeps timeing out. If you have a script that works, can you give me it? Thanks! -- David Lozzi Associated Business & Technology Group [url]www.associatedbtg.com[/url] I should've known that....but I had a brain ....

  1. #1

    Default Site Keyword Search Required!!!!!

    --
    David Lozzi
    Associated Business & Technology Group
    [url]www.associatedbtg.com[/url]

    I should've known that....but I had a brain .

    David Lozzi Guest

  4. #4

    Default Re: Site Keyword Search Required!!!!!

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 00:31:28 -0400, "David Lozzi"
    <dlozziassociatedbtg.com> wrote:
    >Whats the best route for a keyword site search?? I am currently trying to
    >use FileSystemObjects, but it keeps timeing out. If you have a script that
    >works, can you give me it?
    >
    >Thanks!
    Use Microsoft Index Server.

    I use ADO to pose SQL Queries to the MSIDX engine. You have to have
    Microsoft Index installed, a catalog set up for what you want to
    search, IUSR_machine userid must have read/scan access to that
    directory, and on our web server we require that the catalog name be
    the same as the web site's first DNS block (so web1.domain.com catalog
    is named web1, web2.domain.com is named web2, etc). I can send you our
    Search.asp if you want.

    Dan Bush
    [email]meR3M0V3.danbush.com[/email]
    Daniel Bush Guest

  5. #5

  6. #6

  7. #7

    I wonder if it's timing out because you have norton antivirus installed and
    you need to disable Script Blocking this might help...but might not. I know
    this is a problem with NAV and the FSO.

    Stu

    "David Lozzi" <dlozziassociatedbtg.com> wrote in message
    > Whats the best route for a keyword site search?? I am currently trying to
    > use FileSystemObjects, but it keeps timeing out. If you have a script that
    > works, can you give me it?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > --
    > David Lozzi
    > Associated Business & Technology Group
    > [url]www.associatedbtg.com[/url]
    >
    > I should've known that....but I had a brain .

    Stuart Palmer Guest

  8. #8

  9. #9