Professional Web Applications Themes

SITE LIST Backup, is it possible ??? - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Does anybody know how to back up your SITE LIST for all of the sites that you have created profiles for without individually exporting each as a .ste file. I cant find the file that Dreamweaver uses to reference the list of sites that you have added to your site list. (I am using Win XP Pro) I have over 50+ site under my site list menu drop down, but I need to reformat my computer and I was hoping to back up the list and then restore it once I have reformatted and re-installed Dreamweaver. I am not looking ...

  1. #1

    Default SITE LIST Backup, is it possible ???

    Does anybody know how to back up your SITE LIST for all of the sites that you have created profiles for without individually exporting each as a .ste file.

    I cant find the file that Dreamweaver uses to reference the list of sites that you have added to your site list. (I am using Win XP Pro)

    I have over 50+ site under my site list menu drop down, but I need to reformat my computer and I was hoping to back up the list and then restore it once I have reformatted and re-installed Dreamweaver.

    I am not looking forward to exporting each site as a .ste file and then having to import all of them once I have reinstalled the application.

    Any suggestions comments would be greatly appreciated.

    Ryzome Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: SITE LIST Backup, is it possible ???

    "Ryzome" <com> wrote in message
    you have created profiles for without individually exporting each as a .ste
    file.
    that you have added to your site list. (I am using Win XP Pro)

    They are stored in the Windows registry. You can get a tool to export/import
    them at http://navbars.net/nav/navbar_resources.htm.

    Gary

    Gary Guest

  3. #3

    Where are the site files stored in Mac OSX? I had to reinstall Dreamweaver and lost some 50-odd site files in the "Define a Site" list. Where did they go????

    JKW Guest

  4. #4

    "JKW" com wrote:

    I'm new to DWMX, so don't take this for the final answer. But hopefully,
    it'll do for the time being...

    Open the site definitions panel, select one of the sites and hit
    "export" to do just that. Put the file anywhere you want. AFAIK, you
    need to do this site after site and cannot batch the process.

    There is also some extension available at the DW Exchange. Whether it
    works on Mac, I don't know.

    --
    Dan Vendel - *GOF*
    http://www.vendel.info

    Dan Guest

  5. #5

    On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 03:45:42 +0000 (UTC), Ryzome wrote:

    You can use my free tool to back up all important settings at one time:
    http://www.joexx.de/DW-Exporter/

    --
    Regards, Jörg

    Team Macromedia
    http://www.macromedia.com/go/team/
    http://www.joexx.de/DW-Exporter/
    Jörg Guest

  6. #6

    Dan Vendel *GOF* wrote:

    I see Jörg just posted a link to his backup script. Using my poor German
    skills, it seems as if it's *not* working on Mac, though.

    However, after some look-around, I think you can copy and save either or
    both of the following on a safe place:

    The "Dreamweaver MX Prefs" file in:
    User -> Library -> Preferences -> Dreamweaver MX Prefs

    and the entire "Configuration" folder in:
    User -> Library -> Application Support -> Macromedia -> Dreamweaver MX
    -> Configuration

    But as I wrote before: don't take this for the ultimate answer...

  7. #7

    Default Mac OSX Site Definitions - FOUND

    Thanks for your help. I discovered the answer. In Mac OSX, site definitions are stored in your user preferences (back them up... when I reinstalled Dreamweaver 6 trying to troubleshoot some issues, they were overwritten and lost! Luckily I had a backup but one that was months older on another computer). Here's where to find them:

    /Users/(yourusername)/Library/Preferences/Dreamweaver MX Prefs

    JKW Guest

  8. #8

    Default Re: Mac OSX Site Definitions - FOUND

    "Quad erat demonstrandum", perhaps you need to exercise (or exorcise, perhaps) your Latin.
    Mick

    mick_white Guest