Professional Web Applications Themes

Site that displays averages of surfers' technical specs? - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

Is there anyplace on the web that displays information on what proportion of web surfers use what type of screen resolution, what type of browser, etc.? I'm pretty sure I came across such a site a few years ago by accident. Thanks!...

  1. #1

    Default Site that displays averages of surfers' technical specs?

    Is there anyplace on the web that displays information on what proportion of
    web surfers use what type of screen resolution, what type of browser, etc.?

    I'm pretty sure I came across such a site a few years ago by accident.

    Thanks!

    Mike Schmidt Guest

  2. #2

    These stats are often misleading, don't count on them.

    --
    Cheers Pablo

    _____________________

    Whoever said "image doesn't matter" was lying.
    [url]http://www.dellwebsites.com[/url]
    ______________________________________
    "Mike Schmidt" <oooooo.ooo> a écrit dans le message de news:
    d09tup$54j$1forums.macromedia.com...
    > Is there anyplace on the web that displays information on what proportion
    of
    > web surfers use what type of screen resolution, what type of browser,
    etc.?

    > I'm pretty sure I came across such a site a few years ago by accident.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Pablo Guest

  3. #3

    > Is there anyplace on the web that displays information on what proportion
    of
    > web surfers use what type of screen resolution, what type of browser,
    etc.?

    Yes, but they are pretty much useless. All that matters is who visits your
    site. And while browser use is important, there are always going to be a
    wide range of browsers out there.

    Also, screen resolution isn't really a variable you need to be concerned
    with. In terms of viewable area, you need to watch for the browser viewport
    size.

    Anyways, google should turn up plenty for you. Here are a few:

    [url]http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp[/url]
    [url]http://www.webreference.com/stats/browser.html[/url]

    -Darrel

    darrel Guest

  4. #4

    Here is one more for you

    [url]http://www.upsdell.com/BrowserNews/stat.htm[/url]

    Travis

    Mike Schmidt wrote:
    > Is there anyplace on the web that displays information on what proportion of
    > web surfers use what type of screen resolution, what type of browser, etc.?
    >
    > I'm pretty sure I came across such a site a few years ago by accident.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Travis Guest

  5. #5

    .oO(Mike Schmidt)
    >Is there anyplace on the web that displays information on what proportion of
    >web surfers use what type of [...]
    Many, and they are all pretty useless and inaccurate. If you want some
    usable informations have a look at your own site's logfiles.
    >screen resolution,
    Screen resolution says nothing about the size of the browser's viewport,
    i.e. the visible area that can be used for the website's display.
    Additionally to get this information Javascript is required on the
    client.
    >what type of browser, etc.?
    Easy to fake. Many browsers identify themselves as IE (Opera for example
    did this by default in older versions), because there are still too many
    stupid browser switches out there on many websites, that ignore browsers
    other than IE or NN. Faking the browser ID is a way to get around them.

    Micha
    Michael Fesser Guest